Hello! New female here..

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
yellowroses
Freshman Poster

Hello! New female here..

Post by yellowroses »

Hi everyone!

You're probably all scratching your heads as to why an American female is on this website, but I actually agree with a lot of the sentiments that have been shared on this site. Day to day, I have feminist propaganda shoved down my throat and am forced to listen to unintelligent dribble from my friends, so this site is like a breath of fresh air. I am currently frustrated with everything to do with the US right now (probably part of the reason I am spending my summer in latin america) and the asinine behavior of some of my friends, so I joined this site the second I found it. I hope you don't mind me poking my head around here.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Welcome. Glad to have more females around here.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome. So how do you like Latin America? What do you do there? How do you make a living there? What's your favorite region of that continent?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yellowroses
Freshman Poster

Post by yellowroses »

I am going to the Dominican Republic with this program that helps with English and math education in schools located in poor areas. I have been raising money this past semester for my travel costs, donation funds, and a small amount to spend. I am pretty excited.
adria2789
Freshman Poster

Post by adria2789 »

Hi yellowroses,

Welcome and hope you fill us in when you go to the Dominican Republic. There is a female member on this board who's from there, Jeygonza. She is a nice girl :) You might want to PM her if you want to know more about the Dominican Republic.
Last edited by adria2789 on April 26th, 2012, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preservation of one's own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures." - Cesar Chavez
DarkMinxMish
Freshman Poster

Post by DarkMinxMish »

Hey Yellow Roses,

welcome this site is quite an experience. ^_^
Pricking up her golden head:
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Warmest welcomes to HappierAbroad!

And yes, not all American women are monsters. Quite a few American women are also incredibly kind, virtuous, and generous people. I have seen plenty of wonderful American women volunteering at charities, helping the less fortunate, and making the world a better place to live. I also have met a middle-aged American woman who met her Mexican husband in Chiapas, Mexico, and they have been happily married for several years. She enjoys learning Spanish and Tzeltal (an indigenous language of Chiapas) and is an absolute joy to be around with. She is definitely not the "typical American woman" being bashed around the Web. This couple is certainly much happier than many couples involving foreign (non-Anglo) wives.

What you are going to do in Latin America is very admirable. :D I myself travel to Latin America a lot and enjoy immersing myself in the local cultures.
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Re: Hello! New female here..

Post by Jeygonza »

yellowroses wrote:Hi everyone!

You're probably all scratching your heads as to why an American female is on this website, but I actually agree with a lot of the sentiments that have been shared on this site. Day to day, I have feminist propaganda shoved down my throat and am forced to listen to unintelligent dribble from my friends, so this site is like a breath of fresh air. I am currently frustrated with everything to do with the US right now (probably part of the reason I am spending my summer in latin america) and the asinine behavior of some of my friends, so I joined this site the second I found it. I hope you don't mind me poking my head around here.
Hi from Dominican Republic and welcome to happier abroad.
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Whoa Jeygonza, I think you pushed the submit button a little too many times, LOL.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

zboy1 wrote:Whoa Jeygonza, I think you pushed the submit button a little too many times, LOL.
Never criticize a woman for submitting too much! HAHA! (just kidding...sort of...)
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

Sorry i had problems with my internet service last night thats why my post was duplicated.
Barry LePatner
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Welcome, although I've heard there are no women on the internet.

Do you know any women who are looking for mail order husbands? I'm sure this is a huge growth industry for the future!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Whoa Jeygonza, I think you pushed the submit button a little too many times, LOL.
I already fixed it and removed her duplicate posts.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

Think Different wrote:
Never criticize a woman for submitting too much! HAHA! (just kidding...sort of...)

Hahaha...You're right, it would be dangerous to all of you.
Barry LePatner
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Well, North American and European women have also reported being "happier abroad" in the Dominican Republic and Jamaica with the local guys. Those guys are often known as "beach boys."

See this paper: Female tourists and beachboys http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/ar ... 8301000032