My trip to the Philippines

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Hero
Experienced Poster

My trip to the Philippines

Post by Hero »

Well, my second trip to the Philippines is almost over. I must say it was disappointing compared to the last trip I took 6 years ago. In 2006, I met two absolutely drop-dead gorgeous girls, and they were even hornier for me than I was for them; they literally could not keep their hands off of me. I never realized until now how lucky I was. I was hoping to repeat the experience, and although I've had a lot of dates, and many of them are just drooling over me, they're not quite as hot as the two dream girls from last time. I used filipinocupid.com to get most of the dates, but most of the girls looked almost nothing like their photos. I also tried walking around the shopping malls handing out my phone number to salesgirls, but most of them looked at me like I was some sort of weirdo. Some of these girls are so dense that they don't even understand why I'm giving them my number. And as if that's not bad enough, one girl just stood me up. Why do young Pinays do that? Do they get some sort of perverse pleasure out of it?

I think the main problem is time. Last time I was here for 20 days. This time I only had 9 days. That's just not enough time to find your dream girl. I think if I stayed for several months, and built up a social network (a real life social network, not just Facebook) then it would be a mathematical certainty that I would get a quality woman.

And not to brag, but I am a good-looking guy. I'm 44 but look 10 years younger, I'm tall, well-dressed and well-groomed, full head of hair with no gray and a very friendly face.

So anyway, I'm just getting all of this off of my chest because I'm sitting here in a bad mood. Tomorrow is my last day here in Cebu and I have a date with a girl I met in a hardware store who seems pretty sweet. She's my last hope.

But I won't give up. Like General MacArthur said, "I shall return". But next time I'm gonna do it right.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Guess I don't need to tell you MacArthur said that about the Philippines. My father was with him when he did, and saw some atrocities committed by Filipinos exacting revenge against the Japanese that he couldn't bear to recount. The dogs of war had been completely unleashed. Good luck next time.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: My trip to the Philippines

Post by davewe »

Hero wrote:Well, my second trip to the Philippines is almost over. I must say it was disappointing compared to the last trip I took 6 years ago. In 2006, I met two absolutely drop-dead gorgeous girls, and they were even hornier for me than I was for them; they literally could not keep their hands off of me. I never realized until now how lucky I was. I was hoping to repeat the experience, and although I've had a lot of dates, and many of them are just drooling over me, they're not quite as hot as the two dream girls from last time. I used filipinocupid.com to get most of the dates, but most of the girls looked almost nothing like their photos. I also tried walking around the shopping malls handing out my phone number to salesgirls, but most of them looked at me like I was some sort of weirdo. Some of these girls are so dense that they don't even understand why I'm giving them my number. And as if that's not bad enough, one girl just stood me up. Why do young Pinays do that? Do they get some sort of perverse pleasure out of it?

I think the main problem is time. Last time I was here for 20 days. This time I only had 9 days. That's just not enough time to find your dream girl. I think if I stayed for several months, and built up a social network (a real life social network, not just Facebook) then it would be a mathematical certainty that I would get a quality woman.

So anyway, I'm just getting all of this off of my chest because I'm sitting here in a bad mood. Tomorrow is my last day here in Cebu and I have a date with a girl I met in a hardware store who seems pretty sweet. She's my last hope.

But I won't give up. Like General MacArthur said, "I shall return". But next time I'm gonna do it right.
Good luck on your last day and date. I have to agree with you; 9 days isn't enough, unless you had already made strong connections in advance.

As to online dating, yes everyone uses their best pics, so those can be deceiving. The webcam is your better bet. Hopefully you did not spend all your time just dating. Cebu is a beautiful city with lots of sites to see. If it were me, I'd see the city and hit the beach and just maybe would meet a girl in the process.

Good luck again and have fun!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I did spend most of my time just dating. I wanted to do more, but I only had 9 days and finding a girl was my main purpose here. I've got to find some way to stay here long-term instead of just taking short yearly vacations.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Don't know what to do - take a longer vacation in the Philippines, or try another country, maybe in Eastern Europe or Latin America? Advice please!!!