Guanajuato Vs Hermosillo (Mexico)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
drealm
Junior Poster

Guanajuato Vs Hermosillo (Mexico)

Post by drealm »

I've heard Hermosillo has lighter skinned Mexican women with more Spanish blood. Looks wise, I'm attracted to the European blooded Mexican women more than the indigenous sort.

However Hermosillo looks like a very cosmopolitan ugly city. Guanajuato is on the other hand perhaps the most beautiful city in Mexico perhaps even the Americas.

Can I still find light skinned women in Guanajuato? Has anyone been to Guanajuato?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I have been to the state of Guanajuato before, though not the city of Guanajuato itself.

Guanajuato does have many lighter-skinned Mexicans too, and the vast majority are considered mestizos. Indigenous communities are uncommon in Guanajuato. Guanajuato has a very high migration rate to the U.S., so most people you meet will have relatives in California, Texas, the Midwest, and so on. Culturally, it is quite similar to Querétaro, northeastern Jalisco, northern Michoacán, since they are all part of a dry, plateau region in central Mexico known as El Bajío. The people of this region tend to be highly devout Catholics, as can be seen in the Cristero Wars of the early 1900's.

Hermosillo would have more white Mexicans than Guanajuato. In Sonora, there are also many indigenous migrants from the south, especially Oaxaca. Keep in mind that being smack in the middle of the blazing Sonora Desert, the temperature there can regularly get over 110 degrees Fahrenheit. It's a big, sprawling city surrounded by lots of flat scrubland and broken mountain ranges. The city of Chihuahua is also quite similar to Hermosillo.

A better bet for meeting more lighter-skinned Mexicans would be in Guadajalara. Culture / social class concerns, however, should be focused on more than just racial phenotypes.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Falcon wrote:I have been to the state of Guanajuato before, though not the city of Guanajuato itself.

Guanajuato does have many lighter-skinned Mexicans too, and the vast majority are considered mestizos. Indigenous communities are uncommon in Guanajuato. Guanajuato has a very high migration rate to the U.S., so most people you meet will have relatives in California, Texas, the Midwest, and so on. Culturally, it is quite similar to Querétaro, northeastern Jalisco, northern Michoacán, since they are all part of a dry, plateau region in central Mexico known as El Bajío. The people of this region tend to be highly devout Catholics, as can be seen in the Cristero Wars of the early 1900's.

Hermosillo would have more white Mexicans than Guanajuato. In Sonora, there are also many indigenous migrants from the south, especially Oaxaca. Keep in mind that being smack in the middle of the blazing Sonora Desert, the temperature there can regularly get over 110 degrees Fahrenheit. It's a big, sprawling city surrounded by lots of flat scrubland and broken mountain ranges. The city of Chihuahua is also quite similar to Hermosillo.

A better bet for meeting more lighter-skinned Mexicans would be in Guadajalara. Culture / social class concerns, however, should be focused on more than just racial phenotypes.
Could you expand on the culture/social class concerns? You mean like in most countries Middle Class Mexicans are not interested in Middle Class Americans?

As I've said before Mexico is an attractive option because of location, but cultural beliefs (Catholicism) and of course its mostly Middle and Upper Class Mexicans even speak English at all (out of the tourist areas), give me pause.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:I have been to the state of Guanajuato before, though not the city of Guanajuato itself.

Great info, thanks.