3rd eye open!

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

3rd eye open!

Post by Tadow »

I've been reading for a while here and I've finally decided to make an account. There are so many things going on out here that I don't agree with. Other people generally don't see things my way (or think "beyond...") so I don't try to inform anyone or change any minds about anything. I just use what I know to my advantage as best I can. I'd prefer that people not know what I'm about or what I'm thinking then I'm harder to manipulate. At the same time being a renaissance man, I can maneuver through different cultures.

I'm a black male Philly native and I don't meet most people's expectations (gift and a curse), but really I let people think what they want. Here in Philly the herd mentality is tremendous. I'm a renaissance man and the more I learn the less I tolerate. I'm a love or hate kinda guy. I don't pretend to cosign or give a f**k about anything I don't agree with, but I make an effort to understand if I have respect for the person I'm dealing with. I've read many a topic on HA and felt that finally someone understands. The internet is a big enough place that of course someone out there has to.

Here's a brief list of things that make me want to GTFOH

-women and all these gotdamn kids!
-shallow, phony, impersonal, and flaky people
-anti-intellectualism
-corrupt school system
-our media (tv programming, idol worship, constant ad intrusion, lack of originality)
-women and these f***ed up attitudes (entitlement, paranoia, masculinity)
-the following hustles: politics, higher-education, insurance, wage slavery
-religion [insert here]

I've never been abroad, but it's been on my mind quite often these past few years. I don't have any ties to this place. I'm detached from my family and becoming increasingly withdrawn from "friends." We just don't see eye to eye anymore. I'm really curious about Europe and South America. I love EU style and some of the simplicities of doing things the old way. I'm crazy about Latin women, food, and music. One day I'd like to just be OUTTA HERE!

What's stopping me? Money and the language barrier. I know some Spanish and Portuguese and hope to put them to use someday.

So anyway, I'm glad that HA discusses these things. They are discussed in other circles although minimally. What's good!?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hello Tadow, welcome to the forum. You are seeing the same things that the rest of us are seeing in the western world. The culture is so screwed up, that to keep your sanity, a person needs to travel and experience new cultures.

Money is an issue for a lot of us in regards to traveling abroad. I am working two jobs right now, so I don't have the time or money to travel abroad yet. Hopefully this will change in the next couple of years.

Again, welcome to happier abroad! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

Thanks for the welcome, I'm trying to find some of the stuff I've read to properly weigh in.
mehendicant
Freshman Poster

Post by mehendicant »

Welcome! I'm planning to look abroad and bring my wife here, but what we see wrong is much the same:
*School system - I'm planning that we'll homeschool
*TV - I have none
*Women - I'm looking elsewhere
*Insurance - what kind do you mean? I don't have health insurance and intend not to, but there it's the medical system, not the insurance system, that's messed up.

Hopefully with two jobs, you'll soon have enough to travel!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: 3rd eye open!

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Hi Tadow,
welcome to the forum.

How old are you to have never gone out of the country? The USA is not such a great place to stay. I have worked there quite a bit and its just too "the same". I have travelled extensively since 86...I recommend it.

I would recommend you get a job where you can travel as part as the job.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

I'm just under 30. I've been closed minded for most of my life (tethered to my environment). In the past few years I've changed dramatically. I began to question everything in the sense that things didn't feel right. I thought that perhaps there's a place out there somewhere where things are the opposite. And I've "heard" that there are. I've had opportunities to travel before, but I passed them up due to ignorance. I could've gone to Canada and to London. Oh well.

I know this question gets asked often or that people never leave/travel like the say they will. I think the reason (money aside) is that they don't feel worthy. I've read posts on here where guys feel it's wrong to want a beautiful woman. WHAT? There's nothing wrong with that. Forget that faux-modesty. Philly where I'm from the majority of people (80ish%) who are born here die here. It's so ingrained. It has taken me years to shake that mindset to want to be more and see more.

And about insurance I mean they'll take your money, but when you need them they'll try their hardest not to pay for shit. If healthcare wasn't such a racket insurance wouldn't be such a hassle.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Tadow wrote:I'm just under 30.
Then you are in the age range for my second book. It is aimed at men 16 to 30. It shows you what is REALLY going on and how to get out of it. It is free. My gift to young men who speak english.

http://www.mensbusinessassociation.com/ ... fault.aspx
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

It was different for me....when I was 5 armstrong landed on the moon and I saw the pictures broadcast live. I made up my mind then and there that "I will work for NASA one day". I finally did...at just 26...I designed the source code control systems for the international space station. I was one of IBMs leading authorities on source code management in 1990. Even part author of a book on it and I invented key ideas that made the IBM product useful.

So I always knew I would get out of my small town and travel the world.

It has been a fun ride. I would encourage all young men to travel the world as much as they can. That my travels have been on the dime of my customers and employers is just an added bonus.

I hope that the MBA will open up the way for international travel for men much more easily. I would love to see men who have businesses join the MBA and then make work available to other men in the MBA on a travel and work basis. The two parties work out a deal that suites both. One man is getting a "working holiday" and the other man is getting a committed honest employee for a period at what is very likely a lower rate than he can otherwise get that employee. Since MBA members will not have to pay income taxes they will have more flexibility in pricing their labour than those who do pay income taxes....30 to 50% in the income tax range in many western countries.

I really hope someone starts an insurance company and brings it into MBA as well.....insurance companies are a HUGE racket. It would only take about 500 or 1000 men to create a small auto insurance company for MBA members. Each pays a premium...if one of the members has an accident then he gets his insurance from the collected premiums.

If, at the end of the year there is money left over then it could be taken off the next years premiums....if there is a shortfall then the same amount is added to a top up premium for all members to cover the shortfall. Any man who is wreckless in his driving and costs the other members too much money would be removed or required to put more money in...

My own personal opinion is that an insurance company is one of the perfect businesses for some man to start up as an MBA business. It is a business far more based on trust and honesty than a lot of businesses. I really hope someone will start one up.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Tadow u don't really need to know a country's language to survive.. everyone's learning english now & u just have to be street smart when moving around. A dictionary in hand is you best translator ... i'm in turkey & i know about 30 words now, you pick up as u go along. :)

PeterAndrewNolan wow, that's incredible, you're quite accomplished, nice to meet you' :oops:
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

That sounds like a great idea for insurance. It seems like something small immigrant communities would do.

And about English, I want to survive and THRIVE. But you're right and that's why we are so lazy about learning languages. I've heard about language exchanges... it would be cool if I could find one of those.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: 3rd eye open!

Post by Jackal »

Welcome Tadow!

You might want to check out Romania if you like Europe because Spanish will help you there because much of Romanian is latin-based.
Tadow wrote: Here's a brief list of things that make me want to GTFOH
-the following hustles: politics, higher-education, insurance, wage slavery
It's true that higher education in America can be a "hustle" in many ways (mainly because it's ridiculously expensive now), but I hope that you're not against education in general. In Europe, they value education highly. Unless you have an artistic/vocational skill which doesn't require formal education, more education can often be very helpful.

One of the great casualties of feminism in America has been men's declining interest in formal education.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

I enjoyed my time in higher-ed (more or less) and I'm very much into continued learning, but I'm more so speaking on some of the pitfalls that go unchecked. Some examples being:

-curricula that don't keep pace with respect to industry (uncompetitive skill sets)
-the for profit churn (debt farms)
-the unpaid internship hustle as a graduation requirement (spoils to the privileged)
-the weak bonds between schools and professional organizations (grandstanding/circle-jerk)
-the financial aid hustle (ie. freshmen being granted more financial aid than upperclassmen although upperclassmen qualify for more)
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Renata wrote: PeterAndrewNolan wow, that's incredible, you're quite accomplished, nice to meet you' :oops:
Thank you. When I meet women now and they ask me about what I do I tell them....they are usually very shocked. I mean almost NO other men have lived my life.

I was telling my fav#1 one time about the first time I took my wife around the world in 99.

We lived in Sydney. I had business in New Orleans and Boston. From there we went to New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong back to Sydney. And what did she do? COMPLAIN about being tired and jet lagged all the freaking time. My fav#1 was ASTONISHED!!! She is not a wealthy woman and has NEVER been treated to a trip like that!!

We also relocated to Dublin Ireland for a "working holiday". My former children and ex now have Irish citizenship off the back of my efforts while I was denied. I am in dispute with the Irish guvment now on that one. While based out of Ireland my wife and kids lived a life of quite some luxury. The best schools. Overseas travel up to 8 times a year. FFS they flew to Norway to go to a birthday party for the weekend. How many filipino women would ever get a chance like THAT?

So yes...I am very accomplished in my professional area. I was a great husband and father. And women I meet now throw themselves at me trying to change my mind on "more children"....I have not had a single woman in 4 years have the discussion with me that she does not want children but does want a man in her life...NOT ONE. The western woman I had that discussion with turned out to be feminised as well.

It is a shame because I really would like a nice woman in my life. I am waiting for my fav#1 to change her mind. If not her. I will not bother with another woman. They are too much trouble. It is a great shame women are too much trouble for a man. All I asked for was honest and easy to get along with. Apparently this is asking too much. So I quit.

PS...I was the youngest system architect in IBM Australia at the age of 25. I was the architect for a 400 work month project. I had 12 staff reporting to me. It was the price file for IBM and it was to be implemented in about 20 countries. I had so distinguished myself in IBM in my first three years that I was offered this job when I needed to stop travelling. Many men had their eye on that job and they were very upset I was awarded it. I left it over a dispute of authority and responsibility.

In 1990 I was one of IBMs top experts on source code control, hence why I was invited to sort out the problems of the 800 developers working on the space station project.

I because "IBM famous" and I really didn't like it. In 1991 I started in a new area which has now become Business Intelligence. I rose up in that area to be top 3 in Australia and managing the top consulting group in Australia in that area. I was very successful in winning large deals for the companies I represented. I was advised by a colleague to come and work for Sean Kelly www.seankellyassociates.com as Sean was considered one of the great visionaries. So I did. Sean and I have worked together for 10 years now. He is one of the smartest people I have ever met.

So I am hoping to be as accomplished as him by the time he retires.

Funny how a man like that is "not good enough yet". So I take the position that if someone like me is "not good enough yet" then I quit. Women can go find some other dumb smuck who is stupid enough to be a slave but is not nearly as good a man as me.

PPS. I had a czech girl friend for a while. She was the nicest woman I have ever met in temperament. We used to say here on weekends just for fun. http://www.villakennedy.com

One time she asked me "Why do you bring me here? It is so expensive. I would be just as happy in a less expensive hotel."

I told her "One day you will be married and you will have kids. When you do you will be poor. You will not be able to afford to stay in a place like this for many years no matter how hard your husband works. In those days? I want you to be able to look back on the weekends we had together here and think to yourself "Peter treated me to some lovely times..now I have something more important to do...raise my children"...I want you do know what this is like....and know you have more important things to do."

She was very touched. I really liked her. I was so sad when we split but I was merely her "practice husband" for a year or so.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Welcome Tadow. Wow, your list of gripes is exactly what I hate about the UK.

There's all kinds of opinions on this board, but I'm glad people aren't shouted down so much for voicing an opinion.

Travelling is great, and I've had some terrific adventures in Japan and China. I don't speak the languages of either country, I just get by.

Feminism hasn't done much for British women. Their life expectancies are falling, mens are increasing!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

By the way, thanks everyone for the welcomes and Peter Andrew Nolan I glanced over your table of contents. I'll give some subjects a closer look when I really get a chance.