NA vs. EU

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

gsjackson wrote:
PeterAndrewNolan wrote: I have been there many times......you do realise today is a public holiday in Germany....so there are many more people out and about than normal.

Shame you can not be in Cologne for 11.11. 11.11 is the BIGGEST party in that region. Even the other Germans think they are over the top about it!! And then in February they have another fesitval where people even wear costumes to work. One guy came as sponge bob and completely missed the fact that he would not be able to type at his keyboard with his arms pointed out to the sides! LOL!!
Yeah, I found out after posting that today is a holiday, so the crowd wasn't typical for a weekday. Still looks like a great place to spend a weekend -- will find out tomorrow I'll be in Cologne May 27-31, but I assume 11.11 is on 11.11. Will also spend five days in Bamberg before leaving Germany for Croatia.
When you go to cologne do NOT MISS the roman museum that is next to the cathedral. They have the largest roman mosaic floor outside of italy. I spent most of a year in Cologne in 2006...got to see the world cup...its a great city.

And when you go to eat ask to go to the FRUH Brewery which is about 100 meters from the cathedral. It is a very typical german brewery turned into a great place to eat.

If you have a spare day go to Achen and see Charlemains Cathedral. He is called karl de Gross in German. But that cathedral is really worth the train trip out to see it. But it takes a full day so you might not have the time.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote: But in the 30-40 crowd this is not true from my limited experience. My limited experience is that the only men chasing women actively are the lower level betas. In most cases it is the women pursuing the men as the bio clock ticks louder and louder.
This is what we men like to tell ourselves. It's called "wishful thinking." "Denial is not just a river in Egypt" - ever heard that expression?

Do me one favor, and go on this site: http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/

and actually, this specific post right here:
http://theprivateman.wordpress.com/2012 ... rajectory/

This is a blog about middle-aged dating. In it, a 50-year-old American man discusses how he and other men his age "woo" and "game" middle-aged women in their 40s and 50s. I am not kidding. In this particular post, he talks about he 'gamed' a middle-aged grandma sitting in a wine bar. The majority of commenters on his site agree with him and claim that it's necessary to have "charisma" and "game" to succeed with relatively good-looking 40+ women -- otherwise, even in this age range, the men will be lonely and desperate. When a debate arose as to the fact that middle-aged men shouldn't really have to exert that much effort for older women, the blogger and his followers (middle-aged men with "game"!) disagreed, saying the following (and I quote):

- "This is Dating 2.0 where men have to really up their stuff..."

- "the average 40-something woman tends to be overweight (to obese) and will only find a surfeit of perfectly ordinary middle-aged single guys who lack in the Charisma department. I lead a perfectly ordinary life with perfectly ordinary looks but I actively work on my Charisma as I urge all perfectly ordinary guys to do the same. "

- "I doesn’t matter how old women are….as long as they look better than their similarly aged cohort, they will get attention without making any effort for it or without any consideration of how difficult their personalities may be. "

- "if a woman over 40 makes an effort to maintain her attractiveness and femininity, especially her weight, she will be approached, mostly by older men."

These aren't some desperate youngsters pouncing on hot 20-year-old babes. These are 50-year-old American men finding it necessary to resort to "game" to "woo" 40- and 50-year-old women with kids, in the case of this particular post, a grandma. If you don't believe me, feel free to browse that blog.

One other example: have you heard of Samantha Brick, the British woman (41 years of age) who was invited on talk shows and TV to talk about how popular she was and how many different offers she was getting from guys?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... tiful.html

Here on this site, I mentioned the same fact, and a middle-aged forum member agreed with me and shared his experience:

viewtopic.php?t=13152&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

" agree and this was my experience. Post divorce I assumed I would be relagated to women between 45-55 and that is who i dated for a couple years. Unsuccessfully. I mean I figured, I have a great job, nice home/car, stable life - I should have no trouble with the middle aged set. But was I wrong. The women in this age category are incredibly picky, and if they are decent looking will date younger men. I dated an attractive 50-something, whose previously bf was 29.

And one last data point. On PlentyOfFish, middle-aged men are wondering why they're having such a hard time meeting women their age.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14766159.aspx
The younger men will not take up with an older woman.
False; there are lots of young guys hitting on MILFs, much to the amusement of these older women (where do you think that acronym comes from? lol). I can vouch for that because when I was in my 20s I, too, used to send out thousands of emails to women 35-50 (of course, none responded) because I found them attractive and still do. Older women constantly have to fend off advances from young guys as well, but it puts a smile on their face rather than irritates them. These days, many date guys considerably younger than themselves, as in the case of the HappyAbroad poster above, whose gf (50) used to date a 29-yr-old guy.
There are so many women in Germany who are 30+ and still unmarried and no baby that they really do need to get a move on. My fav#1 is a case in point. We met when she was 34 and she was desperately looking for a husband. Even though I told her I did not want more children she was prepared to try and change my mind due to lack of opportunity to snare a man who already wanted kids. She tells me a lot of her friends have exactly the same problem.
Not the case that German women want kids. They are voluntarily childless and it suits them just fine.

Germany agonises over 30% childless women· Highest number in world choose not to have family ... with the figure rising among female graduates to 40%
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/ja ... ukeharding

The reasons are mostly cultural over there,
..."It shows the deep contempt with which raising children is regarded," she said

but, despite various government incentives, German women are loudly saying NO. You chose an example of a Ukrainian woman living in Germany. That's a completely different instance.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Someone,
You have taken my comments out of the context and scope they were made in. I was specifically talking about Germany and my limited experience in Germany. What is happening here is VERY DIFFERENT to the UK for example. So citing blogs from outside germany are simply not relevant.

“False; there are lots of young guys hitting on MILFs, much to the amusement of these older womenâ€￾

Not in germany they are not. And by the way, the whole cougar thing is a myth in the west. It is actually very RARE but the Illuminati are trying to hype it up to make relationships more and more dysfunctional.

“Not the case that German women want kids. They are voluntarily childless and it suits them just fine. â€￾

The ignorance and hubris is amazing. Firstly, that article is 6 years old. The situation has gotten MUCH WORSE since then. Birth rates are falling like a stone. It is NOT AT ALL the case that women do not want children. The women are DESPERATE to have children. Especially the 35 to 40 women who know their biological clock is running out…but the 30 to 35 women are not far behind.

The issue is the men are REFUSING to marry in LARGE NUMBERS. So German women are actually marrying outside the EU now with the promise of an EU work permit as part of the deal. I am not sure the numbers who are doing this but it is VERY COMMON.

Similarly German men who do marry are marrying outside the EU in large numbers as well.

Before you decide to open your mouth and spout all this rubbish you might take the time to actually learn about what it is you are talking about.

You obviously have NO IDEA what is happening in Germany.

And citing one newspaper article from such an Illuminati mouthpiece as the GUARDIAN! Come on. The GUARDIAN is a femnazi stronghold of epic proportions. No man can take anything they write about relationships seriously. Do you even know about how bad the Guardian is for this sort of stuff? Do you know how badly they slant everything to try and tell women they are in charge?

You seem to know nothing about the political alliances of the lame stream media either.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

No, I agree the Guardian is a liberal piece of crap. I only mentioned it 'cause I needed to find a resource fast. I agree the Guardian wasn't the best choice...

But still, I know that German women party well into their 30s... that's why I've always had the impression they weren't really in a rush to get married. Also, Germany is a liberal, secular country, so I can't imagine what pressures there could be on women to start families.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote: When you go to cologne do NOT MISS the roman museum that is next to the cathedral. They have the largest roman mosaic floor outside of italy. I spent most of a year in Cologne in 2006...got to see the world cup...its a great city.

And when you go to eat ask to go to the FRUH Brewery which is about 100 meters from the cathedral. It is a very typical german brewery turned into a great place to eat.

If you have a spare day go to Achen and see Charlemains Cathedral. He is called karl de Gross in German. But that cathedral is really worth the train trip out to see it. But it takes a full day so you might not have the time.
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to make them all. I'll be staying very close to the main cathedral, so the first two will be easy enough.

I'm really looking forward also to Bamberg, n Franconia, which, by some accounts, is Germany's jewel because it completely escaped allied bombing in WWII and is still a beautiful medieval city.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Someone wrote:so I can't imagine what pressures there could be on women to start families.
Someone,
you dont seem to understand women very well. The VAST majority of women want to have children. The main reason is that children represent "welfare" for the woman. A woman can be pretty sure that her children and grand children will take care of them in their old age. For women children are all about someone to take care of them when they are older.

If you do not think that is motivation enough to have children then you need to learn more about women.

As one russian lady friend of mine said when I asked her about whether she would ever consider not having children.

"Look at me. I am a woman. The purpose of my existence is to have children."

What more pressure is needed?
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

gsjackson,

I believe the most beautiful medieval city in Germany is Freiberg which is in the south inside the Black Forrest. If there is a more beautiful small city in Germany I do not know what it is.

Freiberg is on a par with Visby in Gottland in the baltic sea which is also a must see at least once in a mans life.

I spent a day with my wife down in Freiberg. It was like someone took a picture book and made a small city out of it. It is stunning. We had black forrest cake in the middle of the black forrest! LOL!!

It might be a bit far for your to come since you are up in the north.

The three best cities I have been to in my opinion are Paris, Stockholm and Vienna. In Dusseldorf you can get a train to Paris in 4 hours. If you have not been to Paris it is very well worth the visit. This is the best time to go before the summer crowds. It will be cool but that is good because there are less crowds. Paris in July or August is completely hopeless. Too many tourists in the summer holidays.

By the way...if you get a chance to go there do NOT MISS Saltzberg. The birthplace of Mozart. That is one of the most amazing small towns I ever stayed in. We stayed at the "Elephant Hotel"

We were there in the height of summer festivities and it was a magic little town. Again...right out of the picture book.

http://www.elefant.at
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

"Not in germany they are not. And by the way, the whole cougar thing is a myth in the west. It is actually very RARE but the Illuminati are trying to hype it up to make relationships more and more dysfunctional."

How TRUE that is...the so called cougar thing, the ONLY men I know who were into that are pathetic and I have never met any man who has been around who thought banging some old bitch was somehow so great! What a pile of horseshit! Every guy (I use the term "guy" on purpose) who was into it had some kind of mommy problem. The cougar is an over-hyped myth.

I like mine fresh, tight and hot, not the old worn out town whore. Desperate ignorant men are easy to manipulate.

Real bulls, even old bulls, like fresh grass.

Outwest
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Someone,
here are some better articles for you. Note how they keep telling the lie the women just do not want children.

http://www.dw.de/dw/article/0,,1980293,00.html

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... os/gm.html
Total fertility rate:

1.41 children born/woman (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 197
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 16,00.html
According to a preliminary analysis by the Federal Statistics Office, 651,000 children were born in Germany in 2009 — 30,000 fewer than in 2008, a dip of 3.6%. In 1990, German mothers were having on average 1.5 children each; today that average is down to 1.38 children per mother. With a shortfall of 190,000 between the number of people who died and the number of children who were born, Germany's birth rate is well below the level required to keep the population stable.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... z1vBT4862P
http://www.wwomenglobally.com/birth-rat ... he-taboos/
Germany is not only one of the very few countries, where a woman holds a leading position as a chief of country’s government, but Chancellor Angela Merkel is also routinely called the world’s most powerful female politician. However the matters of gender issues and the steadily decreasing birth rates, still seem to be taboos and topics that are not politically correct to discuss.

The statistics speak for themselves: the birth rates in Germany are alarming: in 2010 the number of births per 1,000 inhabitants was 7.88. That’s down 16% in the last ten years and the lowest in the country’s history.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
....even old bulls, like fresh grass.

Outwest
:lol:

Gonna use this line next time I get the "own-age" advice.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Re: The run on the Greek banks today tells another story...

Post by OzGuy »

jamesbond wrote:
gsjackson wrote:I'm in Germany now, and I'm not seeing the fat chicks. What's great about Europe is not only are the women much easier to talk to, but you can actually find them, because they are out in public. In the US, they're all in their privatized spaces hooked up to machines. Try to make conversation with one and she doesn't understand what you're doing. In Europe they have a pedestrian culture and a conversational culture, both of which have long since disappeared in the US.
That's great your in Germany, try and talk to some of the women there and see how they respond to you. I am sure they will be more friendly and sociable than American women are. :D

Your right about people in Europe being out in public more. In the US, everybody drives their car to the grocery store, bookstore and shopping malls. You just don't see many people walking around in the US.
Its even worse in Australia, we have such poor public transport so everyone drives everywhere. You rarely see people walking around, especially women. Most women are too scared to walk anywhere in case a "creep" approaches them and gives them a compliment *shock horror*.
OzGuy
Freshman Poster

Re: overstocks

Post by OzGuy »

bryansmit35 wrote:Switzerland is expected to experience the highest amount of slender women inside the developed planet. This really is most likely because they are very active outside, because they might be known for their alps and additionally nature. In addition they tend to eat healthier ingredients.
I am going to be moving to Switzerland. I have done a lot of reading on the place and it sounds awesome.

- The highest number of slim women in the world, obesity is extremely rare (unlike Anglo countries)
- Men rarely approach women (similar to germany), meaning much less competition and more single women!
- Some of the best scenery in the world
- Snow covered alps you can get to the top of (cog trains and cable cars)
- Great ski slopes (forget football, skiing is their national sport)
- Best chocolate and cheese in the world
- Possibly the best public transport in the world. Trains arrive right on the minute and you can get almost anywhere.
- Very punctual and organised people
- Majority of the population are introverts
- Highly educated and intelligent people
- One of the lowest crime rates in the world (almost zero)
- Best healthcare in the world
- Everything "just works" because the swiss are perfectionists.
- Everywhere is clean and tidy. Some people say the streets are so clean you could eat off them!
- The most stable economy in Europe
- The swiss people are the government. Every little decision is put to vote with a referendum. The people have their say on just about everything instead of a few politicians forcing things upon us.
- One of the biggest anti-feminist movement groups in the world with 5000 members in only 2 years! http://www.antifeminismus.ch/

The downside? Its very expensive. However, Switzerland consistently scores its three main cities in the top 10 places to live in the world. Zurich usually comes first as the world's most livable city. I guess its the price you pay to live in the worlds most livable city.

So to answer the OP's original question - Europe shits all over the US or any other Anglo country.
tradcom
Freshman Poster

Post by tradcom »

OzGuy wrote:
bryansmit35 wrote:Switzerland is expected to experience the highest amount of slender women inside the developed planet. This really is most likely because they are very active outside, because they might be known for their alps and additionally nature. In addition they tend to eat healthier ingredients.
I am going to be moving to Switzerland. I have done a lot of reading on the place and it sounds awesome.

- The highest number of slim women in the world, obesity is extremely rare (unlike Anglo countries)
- Men rarely approach women (similar to germany), meaning much less competition and more single women!
- Some of the best scenery in the world
- Snow covered alps you can get to the top of (cog trains and cable cars)
- Great ski slopes (forget football, skiing is their national sport)
- Best chocolate and cheese in the world
- Possibly the best public transport in the world. Trains arrive right on the minute and you can get almost anywhere.
- Very punctual and organised people
- Majority of the population are introverts
- Highly educated and intelligent people
- One of the lowest crime rates in the world (almost zero)
- Best healthcare in the world
- Everything "just works" because the swiss are perfectionists.
- Everywhere is clean and tidy. Some people say the streets are so clean you could eat off them!
- The most stable economy in Europe
- The swiss people are the government. Every little decision is put to vote with a referendum. The people have their say on just about everything instead of a few politicians forcing things upon us.
- One of the biggest anti-feminist movement groups in the world with 5000 members in only 2 years! http://www.antifeminismus.ch/

The downside? Its very expensive. However, Switzerland consistently scores its three main cities in the top 10 places to live in the world. Zurich usually comes first as the world's most livable city. I guess its the price you pay to live in the worlds most livable city.

So to answer the OP's original question - Europe shits all over the US or any other Anglo country.
Switzerland is too anti-European integration, IMO. Oh, and conscription sucks. :(

And it wasn't a question - it was a statement. :lol:
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

OzGuy,
when you get there let me know.
Someone
Freshman Poster

Post by Someone »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote: you dont seem to understand women very well. The VAST majority of women want to have children.
I understand women very well. The majority would like the "possibility" of children but not the vast majority, around 2/3 these days. I regularly check women's forums such as IVillage.com and Shine@yahoo.
The main reason is that children represent "welfare" for the woman. A woman can be pretty sure that her children and grand children will take care of them in their old age. For women children are all about someone to take care of them when they are older.
Lol. Women are caretakers themselves, they take care of their aging husbands and parents. What you mentioned above is a far greater motivator for men than for women...
As one russian lady friend of mine said when I asked her about whether she would ever consider not having children.
You keep bringing up these examples of Slavic, Eastern-European women. That's not who we're talking about here. We're talking about Westerners (in this case, Germans). Have you ever spoken with ethnically German women or seen how they spend their time? I have. They're on the beaches of Brazil or St. Tropez, getting tan, or clubbing to party beats and doing drugs... LOL. I assure you that family formation is kind of far down their list even when they're in their 30s.

Return to “General Discussions”