Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Post by Rocky Top »

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... _ladies?pa ge=full

Seems the strong independent, feminist Western woman mentality has slowly going to infect China pretty soon. This is amazing, when you consider that these women have one of the best dating advantages in the world, yet they still seem to be having trouble getting married.
It just so happens that with China's economic boom, more and more women are now sharing the dilemma of the emperors' daughters. In 1982, just 5 percent of urban Chinese women ages 25 to 29 were unmarried, according to Wang. By 1995, that percentage had doubled. By 2008, it had nearly tripled. Most of these women will eventually marry, yet the percentage of women in their 30s who are single, though relatively small, is also multiplying quickly: In 1995, just 2 percent of urban Chinese women ages 30 to 34 were unmarried. By 2008, 6 percent were.

Tellingly, the least likely to marry are the most educated. In 2005 fully 7 percent of 45-year-old Shanghai women with college degrees had never married, according to Wang's research. "That's a harbinger of what's going to happen in other places [in China] for more educated women," he told me. "It's a sharp departure from before, from near-universal female marriage." Indeed, there's a common joke that there are three genders in China: men, women, and women with Ph.D.s. Men marry women, and women with Ph.D.s don't marry.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Strong, Independent (and Lonely) Chinese Women

Post by zboy1 »

Rocky Top wrote:http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... _ladies?pa ge=full

Seems the strong independent, feminist Western woman mentality has slowly going to infect China pretty soon. This is amazing, when you consider that these women have one of the best dating advantages in the world, yet they still seem to be having trouble getting married.
It just so happens that with China's economic boom, more and more women are now sharing the dilemma of the emperors' daughters. In 1982, just 5 percent of urban Chinese women ages 25 to 29 were unmarried, according to Wang. By 1995, that percentage had doubled. By 2008, it had nearly tripled. Most of these women will eventually marry, yet the percentage of women in their 30s who are single, though relatively small, is also multiplying quickly: In 1995, just 2 percent of urban Chinese women ages 30 to 34 were unmarried. By 2008, 6 percent were.

Tellingly, the least likely to marry are the most educated. In 2005 fully 7 percent of 45-year-old Shanghai women with college degrees had never married, according to Wang's research. "That's a harbinger of what's going to happen in other places [in China] for more educated women," he told me. "It's a sharp departure from before, from near-universal female marriage." Indeed, there's a common joke that there are three genders in China: men, women, and women with Ph.D.s. Men marry women, and women with Ph.D.s don't marry.
Asian women are particularly vulnerable to Western feminist indoctrination. I'm hoping Asia can resist as much as possible, so that I can find a woman over there before it's too late!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote: Asian women are particularly vulnerable to Western feminist indoctrination. I'm hoping Asia can resist as much as possible, so that I can find a woman over there before it's too late!
Aren't you in your 30's zboy? I think you more than anyone else should really consider living abroad asap. You sound pretty miserable in the U.S. and I can sympathize with that. You really should go though while you are still relatively young. Just get as much money as you can and teach english if you have to but leave. When you're abroad just date everyone you can. Forget about "standards" and all that find as many women as you can and date them all. Go out and socialize, network, have fun, and get laid.

Btw, teaching english as an asian person in asia isn't as difficult as it's made out to be. I did some part time tutoring for a language center and it was really easy to get that job and got to know the owner really well who is now a friend of mine. I was offered other jobs several times but i'm not an english teacher so I refused most of them.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Repatriate wrote:
zboy1 wrote: Asian women are particularly vulnerable to Western feminist indoctrination. I'm hoping Asia can resist as much as possible, so that I can find a woman over there before it's too late!
Aren't you in your 30's zboy? I think you more than anyone else should really consider living abroad asap. You sound pretty miserable in the U.S. and I can sympathize with that. You really should go though while you are still relatively young. Just get as much money as you can and teach english if you have to but leave. When you're abroad just date everyone you can. Forget about "standards" and all that find as many women as you can and date them all. Go out and socialize, network, have fun, and get laid.

Btw, teaching english as an asian person in asia isn't as difficult as it's made out to be. I did some part time tutoring for a language center and it was really easy to get that job and got to know the owner really well who is now a friend of mine. I was offered other jobs several times but i'm not an english teacher so I refused most of them.
Thanks for the kind words, Repatriate. I'm hopefully going to teach English in Asia sometime next fall. It just takes some time gathering all the documents, that's all. I'm going to have fun when it happens, though.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, Repatriate. I'm hopefully going to teach English in Asia sometime next fall. It just takes some time gathering all the documents, that's all. I'm going to have fun when it happens, though.
Besides teaching directly in Asia there are other options too like the middle east. I'm sure Ladislav knows more about this but the gulf countries will hire you on as long as you have some experience and a degree. I have an Asian-american friend who teaches in Saudi Arabia. He gets paid about 3,300 a month or so with a nice provided apartment. I think he also gets something like a total of 3 months of vacation time each year which is quite nice.

If you scrimp and save i'm sure you can save up enough to buy a very nice condo somewhere in SE Asia and settle down. Then you can just teach english locally to supplement your daily income.

There are all sorts of routes you can take really. Just don't lock yourself into a stagnant U.S. lifestyle. I look back on my life and if I could do it over again I think I would have started traveling abroad in my early 20's right after college.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
Repatriate wrote:

Besides teaching directly in Asia there are other options too like the middle east. I'm sure Ladislav knows more about this but the gulf countries will hire you on as long as you have some experience and a degree. I have an Asian-american friend who teaches in Saudi Arabia. He gets paid about 3,300 a month or so with a nice provided apartment. I think he also gets something like a total of 3 months of vacation time each year which is quite nice.

If you scrimp and save i'm sure you can save up enough to buy a very nice condo somewhere in SE Asia and settle down. Then you can just teach english locally to supplement your daily income.

There are all sorts of routes you can take really. Just don't lock yourself into a stagnant U.S. lifestyle. I look back on my life and if I could do it over again I think I would have started traveling abroad in my early 20's right after college.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Thirty years ago, a marriage certificate was a passport into adulthood. "Until you married, there were no basic human rights. No right to have sex before marriage. No house allocated by your danwei [government work unit] before marriage." Today those barriers have crumbled, with rising sexual freedom and a booming private real estate market. Why marry unless you find someone just right? "The future is different," Wu predicted, waving her arms for emphasis. China's big cities will be filled with sheng nu. "Those who can bear the shortcomings and sufferings of men will get married," she concluded. "Those not, single."

Fascinating to see a possible explanation for why families remained so strong under the Commies. Zionist/Communist totalitarian-gangster theory does not value the family at all. yet many ex-Soviet families here in California are atheists, or mixed atheists and believers, and nevertheless maintain Old-World traditions - like men in charge, women serving, virginity (at least pretended) for brides, and Sunday dinners with extended family.

How could ruthless social innovators like the Soviets end up preserving aspects of the traditional family better than the supposedly pro-family, (vaguely) Christian West did?

This article has one possible answer.

Housing allocated by the state on the basis of family formation - instead of on the basis of career, credit, and wealth.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

By the way thanks to Rocky Top for posting an exhilarating, encouraging post.

Tens of millions of under 30 Chinese women desperate for a husband. heh heh.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Jester wrote:By the way thanks to Rocky Top for posting an exhilarating, encouraging post.

Uhh, I wouldn't exactly call it encouraging. In fact quite the opposite. Seems they are suffering from Western style materialism in Communist China.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Most of these Chinese women are single because they're too formidable for any man to handle. I know because I've dated a couple of them. Yikes!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Jester wrote: Housing allocated by the state on the basis of family formation - instead of on the basis of career, credit, and wealth.
fav#1 told me that if a man was married with children at a fairly young age then they got a free house and he was excused military service...the men STILL refused to marry in large numbers....because they knew marriage was slavery for them as it is for ALL men.

Marriage with children is a BAD DEAL for men. That is why women are such liars about the whole thing. They cant tell the truth. Too many men would not marry.

And men in many cultures figure out very quickly that marrying a woman who is "educated" is a bad mistake. I actually went out of my way to help my wife get her degree. Fat lot of good that did me. She refused to go to work inside 4 years of graduating and that is acceptable for a woman. How many MEN get to quit work just 4 years after getting a degree and are PRAISED for being "strong" about such a decision. NONE. Thats how many.

The whole thing about marriage is a lie...and only gullible stupid men fall for it....like I was at 24 when I decided to get married.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Marrying a woman with status is kind of pointless. Do people really care if she has a PhD or not or whether she is a talk show host or pop star? Unless she's attractive with a good personality then all that is meaningless. The vast majority of men don't marry for status. I think a lot of these women who obtain their PhD's probably price themselves right out of the market. They are probably looking for Mr. extraordinary just like in the west. So their pool of prospects shrinks and a lot of men simply don't meet their criteria for even consideration. So imagine a woman's "prime" as being in her 18-30. Past that point it's a rollercoaster dip right down the chart if you were to graph it out.

However it's a catch-22 because if you're a high status middle aged man your options go way up because there are plenty of marriageable 30 something year old women out there now as well as younger ones to keep you occupied. So for men that "prime" scale is more stable or actually even improves over time for most men who weren't born looking like Brad Pitt. The catch-22 is that there's little reason for high status men to rush to marriage. In fact there's little reason for MIDDLE status men in the developing world to rush to get married either.

What i'm saying only applies in the developing world though. In the developed world where middle class is the norm things are much worse.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:Most of these Chinese women are single because they're too formidable for any man to handle. I know because I've dated a couple of them. Yikes!
Yeah but did you have fun?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rocky Top wrote:
Jester wrote:By the way thanks to Rocky Top for posting an exhilarating, encouraging post.

Uhh, I wouldn't exactly call it encouraging. In fact quite the opposite. Seems they are suffering from Western style materialism in Communist China.
Desperate slender under-30's in China versus desperate over-40's in the U.S.... I wasn't forecasting the future of China, I was seeing opportunity. :wink: