Article: Why I don't enjoy living in America anymore

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@Tadow
And I feel like I'm going against the grain with almost everything. There's no one who understands.
I know exactly how you feel my man because I feel the same way. I feel like people don't understand me because my mindset is the complete opposite of the average American. I don't care about sports, American idol, or TV in general. I don't drink or go out barhopping to have a good time. I'm not patriotic nor do I have an American flag waving in front of my apartment. I've never fit in with American culture and I knew this at a young age. There's only a select few of people who I'm comfortable sharing my feelings with about this issue.

So yes. I understand and those on this forum do as well. Most Americans will not understand because most Americans don't think outside the box. All they know is what they see in their country and what their lying media feeds them about the world through the idiot box.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: An article I found: Why I don't enjoy living in America

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

OTB wrote: Does anyone else feel lonely in America? Do you feel like you're drowning in a society and a culture that pretty much goes entirely against your human instincts? Your basic wants and needs in life? I feel like American society is taking my instinctual needs and wants (such as real happiness, real human connections, lots of personal free time, allowance for free thinking etc.) and attempting to replace them with societal/man-made/artificially created needs and wants (such as the need to get that new phone, that new car, that bigger house, the need to look like that celebrity, the need to get more money, the need to consume more etc.)..
This is the bread and butter right here.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

OTB wrote: Most Americans will not understand because most Americans don't think outside the box.
It's worse then that. I believe with all the drinking, drug use, bad food and cramming of useless information (modern education) the average IQ of an American has plummeted. In other words, Americans are no longer critical thinkers because they are mentally incapable of doing so.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Re: An article I found: Why I don't enjoy living in America

ExpeditionSailor wrote: I have no friends. No real family to speak of. And I feel terribly lonely. But there are no solutions for that and there is little or no help available for such a problem. Shrinks and their poisons do f**k-all beyond papering over the cracks. I sometimes wonder if I'll just end it all if I can't find a wife in a foreign country reasonably soon, because here in Canada, I'm completely invisible. Unloved. Unwanted. Ignored.
I hear you man, I'm in the same boat. Just do what you got to do to get your money up so you can travel around the globe and find a culture with women who will respect you and look out for you.

It's a very real possibility and I have already found moderate success when I was living close to Mexico and had really nice Mexican women look out for me as well as have the pleasure of living and being adopted by a Mexican family.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Fellas, here's the thing about America ... *business* game face. And that's it.

In other words, if you want to 'fit in', do not try to become some counterculture avant garde persona. The days of the Bohemians, Beatniks, "No Nukes", etc, have gone with the wind. This era will not come back in any capacity unless you join a f'ed up cult. I don't recommend joining a cult.

The key is to appear busy, but have your eyes abroad for real relationships or even just ordinary boinking.
Tadow
Freshman Poster

Post by Tadow »

I know some people who know better. They see and they understand the bullshit going on, but they are too deep in the game. They've climbed the corporate or academic ladders and can't function outside of those settings. They're perpetually phony speaking in cadence using their CYA tactics at times when it's not even necessary. If their colleagues really knew what they knew and how they felt they wouldn't be the least bit comfortable around them.

I'm in not position to tell someone who has more success than I do to walk away from it, but these are the people who can bring about change. The people who would be missed if they disappeared. Others would take notice as to why.

And I'm not patriotic either. We enjoy this standard of living because we rape(d) so many other countries.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Post by OutsideoftheBox »

OTB wrote:@ExpandMindset

I used to watch massive amounts of television after working daily, I think mostly because of boredom. But I have to cut TV almost totally out of life, which makes me related to average Americans even less. I do not understand why they have no desire to learn about other countries or travel.
I love people who think outside the box. You brought up a few things that I do myself and think about. First the TV watching. I HATE TV!! I like Globetrekker and House Hunters International. That's it. I only watch TV when I go to my mom's house. But as a whole it's such a waste of time and watching it on a daily basis is a distraction from more interesting activities that you could be doing; reading, learning a foreign language, writing, exercising, etc. I used to watch college football on Saturdays when I was in college while I studied or read, but it's true what you said. It is a time waster.

Now your statement about why Americans have no desire to learn about other countries or travel is something that crosses my mind quite often man. I don't get it either. I love talking about other cultures, traveling and international history. Once you travel for the first time outside of the US it completely changes you. It broadens your mindset and you become more aware of what's going on outside your box; the US. But we live in a culture where people don't value open-mindedness, traveling, curiosity and deep intellectual conversations. It's a country that puts a considerable amount of emphasis on material possessions, tv, sports, sex, and money. And we think we're the greatest country in the world. So many Americans are brainwashed by that statement.

Europe would be awesome. Southern Spain is where I would like to be besides Mexico. Europe is filled with culture, history, and different languages.
And here I was thinking I was the only man who watched HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Tadow wrote:I know some people who know better. They see and they understand the bullshit going on, but they are too deep in the game. They've climbed the corporate or academic ladders and can't function outside of those settings. They're perpetually phony speaking in cadence using their CYA tactics at times when it's not even necessary. If their colleagues really knew what they knew and how they felt they wouldn't be the least bit comfortable around them.

I'm in not position to tell someone who has more success than I do to walk away from it, but these are the people who can bring about change. The people who would be missed if they disappeared. Others would take notice as to why.

And I'm not patriotic either. We enjoy this standard of living because we rape(d) so many other countries.
I'm not a corporate oppressor and I'm going to change the world. Theory is debunked.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

That's why you have to improve your financial education. Make the money in America because there's lots of it here. Stop complaining and take advantage of the opportunities here.

Then once you have your finances down, then you can go overseas and meet better women.

Start an online business because the internet will rule our future. Learn how to invest in stock options and real estate.

Read books by Robert Kiyosaki. At the end of the day, you are still responsible for yourself.
You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Maker55 wrote:That's why you have to improve your financial education. Make the money in America because there's lots of it here. Stop complaining and take advantage of the opportunities here.

Then once you have your finances down, then you can go overseas and meet better women.

Start an online business because the internet will rule our future. Learn how to invest in stock options and real estate.

Read books by Robert Kiyosaki. At the end of the day, you are still responsible for yourself.
Robert Kiyosaki is a fraud. Most of the things he tells others to do he's not even doing himself. He makes his money off of selling people dreams in seminars and selling books.

He's not the wealthy investor he claims he is.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Here's an idea: Stop following others and make your OWN shit -- like I'M doing!

That idea is maybe just crazy enough to work!
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

OutsideoftheBox wrote:And here I was thinking I was the only man who watched HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL!
I watch House Hunters Interanational as well, it's one of the few shows on tv I like. :D

Here is an episode about a couple moving to Ecuador.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nZBa5PD ... re=related[/youtube]
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

Blue Murder wrote:Here's an idea: Stop following others and make your OWN shit -- like I'M doing!

That idea is maybe just crazy enough to work!
The only thing a man can trust in this feminized society is his own mind.
Last edited by OutsideoftheBox on May 31st, 2012, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OutsideoftheBox
Freshman Poster

jamesbond wrote:
OutsideoftheBox wrote:And here I was thinking I was the only man who watched HOUSE HUNTERS INTERNATIONAL!
I watch House Hunters Interanational as well, it's one of the few shows on tv I like. :D

Here is an episode about a couple moving to Ecuador.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nZBa5PD ... re=related[/youtube]
LOL.

I just saw that episode the other day on HGTV. That's one of the only TV channels I watch these days. I have an associate, who is a mangina, that literally sits there in a trance in front of the television. He then tries to suck me into it by making comments about the news like: "I don't see why they are voting this guy into OUR COUNTRY. I mean we have enough debt helping the world out...blah, blah, blah."

I just like at him and calmly say: "Our? I'm not interested in that bullshit. You're the one fooled, not I."
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

OutsideoftheBox wrote:
Maker55 wrote:That's why you have to improve your financial education. Make the money in America because there's lots of it here. Stop complaining and take advantage of the opportunities here.

Robert Kiyosaki is a fraud. Most of the things he tells others to do he's not even doing himself. He makes his money off of selling people dreams in seminars and selling books.

He's not the wealthy investor he claims he is.
He's more wealthier than anyone in this forum.

I can't say anything about how he runs his business or life. Maybe he is a fraud. I don't know but his books have a lot of wisdom.

I also make a living sell books to people.

His books have very sound advice and I have benefited greatly from them. "Conspiracy of the Rich" is awesome.

Because of Robert, I am now going to invest in stock options and increase my cash flow and even try to get into real estate.