N/A2

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

N/A2

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 13th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any Czech citizens on this forum?

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:I need advice, I'm moving to Prague in January.
Will you be teaching english? Have you found a job there yet? Prague is a beautiful old city, it is one city I have to visit at least once in my life! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I lived in Prague for 2 years in the 90s and still speak it pretty well. Any question, let me know.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

No I'm still prepping for my move. Owning a property is a pain in the ass. Responsibility sucks.

Think different I do have some questions but was hoping someone would have already have been over there.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I spent last summer in Prague. Hang out around the Palladium Mall downtown, especially around lunch time, and you'll see all kinds of attractive women. Asking them if they speak English -- whether in English or Czech -- doesn't seem to be a good conversational entree; at least it wasn't for me. I'd start studying the language right away, if I had it to do over again.

I didn't have any luck with the women, and thought I detected some anti-western bias, but other ex-pats who married Czech women told me it shouldn't be a problem, and that the women are very receptive to male admirers. So, I wouldn't let a couple of rebuffs discourage you, as they did me. Czechs can be a bit gruff, and the women can seem ruder than American chicks, who will usually be polite for about ten seconds. Persistence should pay off, though.

Letna Park beer garden, on a bluff of the river overlooking the city, is a sublime environment with cheap beer. Few better places to get mellow, as the old town starts to shimmer in the twilight.

Jama, one block off Wenceslas Square, has a good burger and a large expat clientele.

They don't check your ticket very often on the public transportation -- only twice all summer for me.

Nice complex of ball diamonds there if you ever want to watch some baseball or softball.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Sweet thanks Jackson, that's the kind of info I was looking for. I have been to Prague twice and I do agree with what you said about Czech Women, they are still 1000x more approachable than western women.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

And be sure to take a leak in the men's room off the upstairs food court at the Palladium mall. On the walls are a dozen or so almost life size pictures of attractive young women with their gazes focused at belt level, registering different reactions, from delighted astonishment to ridicule. One has a tape measure out, another a microscope. It's very funny, and captures what I wish I had been able to get more of a toehold on -- the Czech combination of black humor and easy sexuality.

Prague could be fantastic if you figure out how to get it right.

Return to “General Discussions”