N/A2

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

N/A2

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on May 13th, 2013, 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Any Czech citizens on this forum?

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:I need advice, I'm moving to Prague in January.
Will you be teaching english? Have you found a job there yet? Prague is a beautiful old city, it is one city I have to visit at least once in my life! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

I lived in Prague for 2 years in the 90s and still speak it pretty well. Any question, let me know.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

No I'm still prepping for my move. Owning a property is a pain in the ass. Responsibility sucks.

Think different I do have some questions but was hoping someone would have already have been over there.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I spent last summer in Prague. Hang out around the Palladium Mall downtown, especially around lunch time, and you'll see all kinds of attractive women. Asking them if they speak English -- whether in English or Czech -- doesn't seem to be a good conversational entree; at least it wasn't for me. I'd start studying the language right away, if I had it to do over again.

I didn't have any luck with the women, and thought I detected some anti-western bias, but other ex-pats who married Czech women told me it shouldn't be a problem, and that the women are very receptive to male admirers. So, I wouldn't let a couple of rebuffs discourage you, as they did me. Czechs can be a bit gruff, and the women can seem ruder than American chicks, who will usually be polite for about ten seconds. Persistence should pay off, though.

Letna Park beer garden, on a bluff of the river overlooking the city, is a sublime environment with cheap beer. Few better places to get mellow, as the old town starts to shimmer in the twilight.

Jama, one block off Wenceslas Square, has a good burger and a large expat clientele.

They don't check your ticket very often on the public transportation -- only twice all summer for me.

Nice complex of ball diamonds there if you ever want to watch some baseball or softball.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Sweet thanks Jackson, that's the kind of info I was looking for. I have been to Prague twice and I do agree with what you said about Czech Women, they are still 1000x more approachable than western women.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

And be sure to take a leak in the men's room off the upstairs food court at the Palladium mall. On the walls are a dozen or so almost life size pictures of attractive young women with their gazes focused at belt level, registering different reactions, from delighted astonishment to ridicule. One has a tape measure out, another a microscope. It's very funny, and captures what I wish I had been able to get more of a toehold on -- the Czech combination of black humor and easy sexuality.

Prague could be fantastic if you figure out how to get it right.

Return to “General Discussions”