HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Because of Rock's suggestion, my Taiwanese lady friend took me shopping for new clothes. Here is what she chose for me. What do you think?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Your friend, she did well by you ... but two more suggestions;

Tops & shirts with sloped shoulders like those it's making you look round. Tops with square shoulders will prevent this, & wear V-neck shirts rather than round neck for the same reason.

the pants fit very well 8)
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
shiryu400
Freshman Poster

Post by shiryu400 »

Wow, that looks like a big improvement over the earlier pictures. But why don't you get yourself a nice blazer to wear over those t-shirts. That would satisfy the square shoulder suggestion by Renata.
''Actually, with those dirty movies, I find like, they're good for about fifteen, twenty minutes. I'm really interested. And, then, uh, there's one point, that all of a sudden I'm bored. You know? I-... I just lose interest completely and I feel deeply ashamed.''

-Comedian Norm MacDonald
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Winston, you stylin PIMP DADDY! lol

(PS- just kidding bro)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Winston wrote:Because of Rock's suggestion, my Taiwanese lady friend took me shopping for new clothes. Here is what she chose for me. What do you think?
My honest question for you Winston is why do you care what we think? This is the great advantage of getting older. In many of your threads your "friends" here slam the way you look and you defend how someone somewhere said you looked good. Same thing with your ideas and intellect or social skills. Those debates are for scared little kids, not for men. You're 38!

Let me state some truths:

1. Very few people at 38 look as good as they did in their 20s.
2. At 48 you'll wish you looked as good as you did at 38.
3. At 58 (unless you are me lol) you'll look like the Crypt Keeper.

But there are advantages. You can wear whatever clothes you like and if someone doesn't like it - f**k 'em! Wear your hair how you like. Act how you like. Speak how you like to whom you like. Don't speak to those you don't like.

This should be a great time for you. You're bordering on middle age. You have experience that a 20-something doesn't have; maybe you even have a bit of wisdom. Sure, some girls will only be attracted to the physical and will prefer younger guys. But many women will be attracted to a man who knows who he is and doesn't blow in the breeze.

When I see your pics I don't look at what you're wearing or whether you've put on weight or lost weight or look as good/better/worse as the next guy. I am sorry to say this cause I don't know you personally and I could be wrong but when I see your pics you look a little lost. In conjunction with advancing age that is deadly. Compensate for the age by being the guy who knows what he is, has found himself and likes himself.

So choose a style of clothing you like and wear them proudly. Work out if you want - or don't. You're a grown man and can choose how you want to live your life. In that way when you do find a girl she will be interested in you, not in some phony affectation you decided to put on.

You know what else? You'll look better cause you'll look confident as hell. You're like an aging pitcher who can't throw 95 anymore but who compensates with guile and experience. Stop trying to be the young flamethrower. Be the older statesman.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Dave is right. Whoever puts value into someone based off of f***ing fabric and threads doesn't deserve love. Period.

Harsh? Sure.
True? Definitely.

Do you, Winston. Don't conform and settle for f**k-ass-tricks -- that's one of the foundations of Happier Abroad!

At the same time, I'm happy you're feeling (or are GOING TO FEEL) more confident with your new threads. Hopefully this gets you some luck out there. Either way, you should take head to what the guy above me said.

Good luck!
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Get a slick black blazer that will match all your inner-wear.

See if you can find slimmer jeans and pants. Not skinny but they should at least be slim or straight-leg, although the feasibility of that will also depend on your waist size.

Think you should also grow your hair on top longer so you can style it a bit and give your look a little more definition. But keep the sides and back short and neat. Your current flat-top style is a bit out of fashion now although admittedly in China you still see a lot of older guys sporting this hairstyle. You'd look better with longer hair on top to give your face more definition though, a flat-top style only emphasizes its roundness.

Just my suggestions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What does a black blazer look like? Can anyone post a pic from google images?

Finding slim legged pants is hard because of my 36 waist size. But I've found a few. It takes more effort to find it. The jeans I wore in the photos above are straight-leg.

What kind of hair style on the top are you talking about? Can you post an example from google images?

To be honest, the recent photos above aren't the way I usually dress. I prefer to dress more conservatively. But the lady I was with said that that's the kind of looks that girls prefer.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Blazers and Hairstyles

Post by ethan_sg »

A black blazer like this. The jeans he's wearing are also what I'm talking about.

For hairstyles that are longer and styled on top but shorter on both the sides and back, giving your face more definition, have a look at these.

or something a little more conservative and matured-looking like this:

A little conservative but I can really picture you looking a lot better especially in this last hairstyle, the others may be a little flamboyant for someone your age, or perhaps something in between might be good.

The flat top style really has no character at all, and you'll only be able to pull it off if you have really sharp, defined facial features.
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

davewe wrote:
Winston wrote:Because of Rock's suggestion, my Taiwanese lady friend took me shopping for new clothes. Here is what she chose for me. What do you think?
My honest question for you Winston is why do you care what we think? This is the great advantage of getting older. In many of your threads your "friends" here slam the way you look and you defend how someone somewhere said you looked good. Same thing with your ideas and intellect or social skills. Those debates are for scared little kids, not for men. You're 38!

But there are advantages. You can wear whatever clothes you like and if someone doesn't like it - f**k 'em! Wear your hair how you like. Act how you like. Speak how you like to whom you like. Don't speak to those you don't like.

This should be a great time for you. You're bordering on middle age. You have experience that a 20-something doesn't have; maybe you even have a bit of wisdom. Sure, some girls will only be attracted to the physical and will prefer younger guys. But many women will be attracted to a man who knows who he is and doesn't blow in the breeze.

When I see your pics I don't look at what you're wearing or whether you've put on weight or lost weight or look as good/better/worse as the next guy. I am sorry to say this cause I don't know you personally and I could be wrong but when I see your pics you look a little lost. In conjunction with advancing age that is deadly. Compensate for the age by being the guy who knows what he is, has found himself and likes himself.

So choose a style of clothing you like and wear them proudly. Work out if you want - or don't. You're a grown man and can choose how you want to live your life. In that way when you do find a girl she will be interested in you, not in some phony affectation you decided to put on.

You know what else? You'll look better cause you'll look confident as hell. You're like an aging pitcher who can't throw 95 anymore but who compensates with guile and experience. Stop trying to be the young flamethrower. Be the older statesman.
+1 Very true Dave all of the above....
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Blue Murder wrote:Dave is right. Whoever puts value into someone based off of f***ing fabric and threads doesn't deserve love. Period.

Harsh? Sure.
True? Definitely.

Do you, Winston. Don't conform and settle for f**k-ass-tricks -- that's one of the foundations of Happier Abroad!

At the same time, I'm happy you're feeling (or are GOING TO FEEL) more confident with your new threads. Hopefully this gets you some luck out there. Either way, you should take head to what the guy above me said.

Good luck!
I agree. As long as your clothes are clean and don't smell and are comfortable to you, what does it matter? Only insecure people focus on those things. You'll never meet a Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal type of guy who bashes other guys' looks or criticizes someone's fashion sense. Truly confident people don't do that. Only the most insecure people do that.

I think as long as you have a decent pair of paints and decent shirt, you look ok. Your face and body matter more for your appearance anyway.

Nevertheless, what do you all think of me in this kind of style?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Question: Suppose I lost weight and became skinny again. Would I still be unattractive? If so, then what's the point?

As long as my face is normal and proportionate, how can I be unattractive?

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

davewe wrote: My honest question for you Winston is why do you care what we think? This is the great advantage of getting older. In many of your threads your "friends" here slam the way you look and you defend how someone somewhere said you looked good. Same thing with your ideas and intellect or social skills. Those debates are for scared little kids, not for men. You're 38!

That's what this site is all about at the key level, Winston's ego. He's oblivious to much of what goes on, and many posters are incredibly hostile towards him, but he likes the attention whether negative or positive. He doesn't care about trolls and what the quality posters think, it's always about him and him only.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

The way you dress and the way you carry yourself matters a lot. So i'll disagree with what some people on here are saying.

I still don't like your look Winston but I can see why this girl chose what she chose. She's trying to put a more youthful look on you with the quirky t-shirts and casual pants. I'd say you should go for a more dressy GQ style. The blazer is a good suggestion.