Are Filipinas an "open book"?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Are Filipinas an "open book"?

Post by manly5000 »

Guys,

I sit here, thinking back on all the things I wish I could have experienced together with the love of my life. And then I remember how my ex-wife resisted me on so many fronts, never trying to get into the things I wanted to experience, never trying to enjoy them for herself, always always coming up with excuses as to why she couldn't enjoy the things I wanted to share with her.

She was Mexican, but she became Americanized. And cold. And distant.

So I find myself wondering... were I to go to the Philippines, would the girls in general be much closer to an "open book", or a "blank canvas" just waiting to be painted and molded according to my own interests and hobbies? Would they be far more willing to immerse themselves into the things I love to do and experience in life? Or are they confrontational to the point of being set in their ways and unwilling to make a real effort to love the things I love?

I know it sounds a little selfish, but I think that I'm a very very interesting dude, one who has lots of hobbies and enjoys a lot of things. Would a good Filipina latch herself onto this and make a real effort to love and enjoy the things I do to share in it with me, or would I have a high chance of facing resistance and wilfullness like I did before with the ex?

Here's an example -- I really, REALLY love Trance music... I'm getting older but I really REALLY want to go to a Rave someday, just for the experience. Would an average Pinay be willing to give it a shot and try to enjoy this scene and music if she saw just how into it I was?

It's important to me, oh so important, to have this kind of connection and willingness. While I don't expect that she would be into *everything* I am, I would need her to at least try.

I'm not a boring person. I'm a fun, passionate, outgoing person, and I really want a girl who can keep up with me.

What are your thoughts? I guess since this is the general forum, I can extend this to any foreign women, but Pinays and Latinas are my top choice.

Thanks for your input guys.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Are Filipinas an "open book"?

Post by davewe »

manly5000 wrote:Guys,

I sit here, thinking back on all the things I wish I could have experienced together with the love of my life. And then I remember how my ex-wife resisted me on so many fronts, never trying to get into the things I wanted to experience, never trying to enjoy them for herself, always always coming up with excuses as to why she couldn't enjoy the things I wanted to share with her.

She was Mexican, but she became Americanized. And cold. And distant.

So I find myself wondering... were I to go to the Philippines, would the girls in general be much closer to an "open book", or a "blank canvas" just waiting to be painted and molded according to my own interests and hobbies? Would they be far more willing to immerse themselves into the things I love to do and experience in life? Or are they confrontational to the point of being set in their ways and unwilling to make a real effort to love the things I love?

I know it sounds a little selfish, but I think that I'm a very very interesting dude, one who has lots of hobbies and enjoys a lot of things. Would a good Filipina latch herself onto this and make a real effort to love and enjoy the things I do to share in it with me, or would I have a high chance of facing resistance and wilfullness like I did before with the ex?

Here's an example -- I really, REALLY love Trance music... I'm getting older but I really REALLY want to go to a Rave someday, just for the experience. Would an average Pinay be willing to give it a shot and try to enjoy this scene and music if she saw just how into it I was?

It's important to me, oh so important, to have this kind of connection and willingness. While I don't expect that she would be into *everything* I am, I would need her to at least try.

I'm not a boring person. I'm a fun, passionate, outgoing person, and I really want a girl who can keep up with me.

What are your thoughts? I guess since this is the general forum, I can extend this to any foreign women, but Pinays and Latinas are my top choice.

Thanks for your input guys.
I have had similar experiences with AW so I know what you mean. Nonetheless this is a pretty open question and hard to generalize.

Any answer I would give assumes in advance that you have found a great Pinay. So we are past the issue of: does she really love me, is she scamming me, etc.

Now, will she take on your hobbies and interests? Maybe, maybe not. How's that for definitive! But in my experience she will want to be with you and be connected to you. That seems very important to them. She will certainly ask you always what you want to do, and will often not volunteer what she wants to do. She will usually go along with the direction the man wants to take her.

OTOH, in her heart of hearts she wants you to do what she wants; she just wants it to be your idea. She wants you to lead but she hopes you will lead her in a direction she already wanted to go.

Don't know if this helps. It's the age old question of how compliant are these women. Guys married to Pinays will tell you that they really aren't that compliant and God help you if you really cross them. But if you find the right one I think they really want to be with you.

Hopefully the guys married to Filipinas like Outwest and Pete will chime in here with more experience than I have.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks Dave.

I guess the big question is, just how willing are these girls to indulge in your interests and try to expand their own joys in life based on your interests?

I mean, do Pinays love a guy who has passions and hobbies and doesn't want to just sit around the house and have sex with them? A guy who wants to expand her horizions and introduce her to things she might end up loving for herself? I guess that's what it really comes down to.

Like for instance, recently on POF here in the 'states I sent a girl a couple of trance songs on Youtube to see if she liked them. She replies to me, "Yeah, they're ok, but Raves aren't really my thing, blah blah blah, I don't really see myself as part of this, blah blah blah".

Is that the kind of reaction I can expect from a good loving Pinay?

My interests in life aren't complicated. They don't require a girl with a high IQ or intellect to enjoy them the way I do... but I will never be happy with a girl who doesn't share certain interests and hobbies that I love. Especially if she's going out of her way to make excuses as to why she doesn't/can't enjoy them.

Hope this makes sense. :)
Out in the world living the dream!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Filipinas are extremely willing to share your hobbies and interests with you, more than any women I've met. I had one Filipina that was willing to change religions for me, but the fact she ate bats and rats in her spare time really turned me off, I'm not sure why she told me that. My ex-wife refused to spend anytime doing activites with me and its no surprise she went on to get divorced again after me.

My friend told me that his Filipina loved dancing. Unfortunately, my friend hated dancing and when he told his girlfriend this she never brought up the subject again. Three things, most Filipinas won't compromise on are going to church, having kids and having sex every day, this can be issue for some couples.

Filipinas love going to concerts and restaurants, unless their tired, you won't have any problem getting them to go to a rave with you. However, binge drinking and popping ecstasy while watching a laser show is not part of their normal routine, thats what American women are for.
Last edited by Taco on June 1st, 2012, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks Taco.

Not really worried about dropping E or getting wasted... for me it's about getting deep into the music and dancing all night long.

Though experimenting with certain substances at least once for the experience certainly transcends American women... ;) But that's not really what it's about, at least not for me. However, with that being said... open-mindedness and a willingness to try new things, at least once, really is essential though. Otherwise, how can you say you've truly lived? :)
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:
My friend told me that his Filipina loved dancing. Unfortunately, my friend hated dancing and when he told his girlfriend this she never brought up the subject again. Three things, most Filipinas won't compromise on are going to church, having kids and having sex everyday, this can be issue for some couples.
Yep I agree on these three!

I suspect they will compromise somewhat on the 1st two, though probably not on the sex :) My gf is religious and her parents are very religious. Nonetheless as long as I promised I would not get in the way of her beliefs she does not care if I share them or not.

I know a number of guys who did not want children and their Pinays went along, though deep inside they'd like kids.

They really do want to share your life and interests even if they don't get them. I am a writer and am working on a book of humorous stories about some of my misadventures. My gf wanted to read some stories. Even though the stories are very American in language, tone and attitude, she was very happy that I wanted to share them and I was happy to share them.

I never let my ex-wife read my writing in advance cause I knew she'd pick it apart or ignore it. What a difference!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Hey Dave, I gotta ask... is everything Taco says about Pinays being nymphomatic sexual demons who never get enough true? :D

I gotta say that way back in the day, people used to tell me how crazy in the bedroom Latinas were... imagine my disappointment when I got together with my ex-wife and she was a complete dud with a super low libido. And I was her first!

Don't want to face THAT kind of disappointment again... lol.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've found that Chinese girls don't often have that many hobbies and interests (beyond shopping, eating baby octopus and (if you're lucky) sex). Hobbies are very much a Western thing.

I got "disappointment" from quite a few of the Chinese girls I met. Thankfully I did meet a crazy one.

This is the sort of Pinay gal you need to look for if you want a fun life:

http://www.asianloveconnections.com/Pro ... smina.aspx
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

manly5000 wrote:Hey Dave, I gotta ask... is everything Taco says about Pinays being nymphomatic sexual demons who never get enough true? :D

I gotta say that way back in the day, people used to tell me how crazy in the bedroom Latinas were... imagine my disappointment when I got together with my ex-wife and she was a complete dud with a super low libido. And I was her first!

Funny enough you mention both Filipinas and Latinas, as I believe Filipinas are basically the Latinas of Asia. They share lots of common social and human traits. In both cultures both men and women tend to have a higher than average sex drive, especially in their late teens and twenties. The problem with many Filipinas/Latinas, as far as I've noticed, is that they get "imprinted" with all the moral and emotional baggage of a strict religious upbringing, which tempers their libido and brings lots of unnecessary restraint and sense of guilt into the equation. What's worse, this is a cross-class concern: you could find these kind of scarred libido young ladies in the poorer families as well as the upper middle class ones. I think this applies both to the Philippines and many LatAm societies.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

manly5000 wrote:Thanks Dave.

I guess the big question is, just how willing are these girls to indulge in your interests and try to expand their own joys in life based on your interests?

I mean, do Pinays love a guy who has passions and hobbies and doesn't want to just sit around the house and have sex with them? A guy who wants to expand her horizions and introduce her to things she might end up loving for herself? I guess that's what it really comes down to.

Like for instance, recently on POF here in the 'states I sent a girl a couple of trance songs on Youtube to see if she liked them. She replies to me, "Yeah, they're ok, but Raves aren't really my thing, blah blah blah, I don't really see myself as part of this, blah blah blah".

Is that the kind of reaction I can expect from a good loving Pinay?

My interests in life aren't complicated. They don't require a girl with a high IQ or intellect to enjoy them the way I do... but I will never be happy with a girl who doesn't share certain interests and hobbies that I love. Especially if she's going out of her way to make excuses as to why she doesn't/can't enjoy them.

Hope this makes sense. :)
I am a big electronic music lover (in fact I used to make that kind of music, some 15 years ago), and the only Asian young ladies I have found with a natural penchant for that kind of music were those from Japan, Singapore and Taiwan. You probably know that people from those culture take particular proud in having "cool" or sophisticated tastes and lifestyle, and electronic music and gig-going is (still to this moement) quite spot on.

This is not to say that you won't be able to find a young Filipina who already digs that kind of music and scene before meeting you, in fact I think it would be quite possible if you look for the relatively young (late teens to early twenties), urban middle class type. Something of a Shibuya girl...a Makati girl maybe? :)

But then the real point is: wouldn't it be better for you to look for somebody who already shares your interests and hobbies, and can connect to you intellectually, instead of expecting a "clean slate" you can mold to your needs? I thought that was one of the exciting parts of dating...matchmaking and finding commonalities!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

manly5000 wrote:Hey Dave, I gotta ask... is everything Taco says about Pinays being nymphomatic sexual demons who never get enough true? :D

Read this.

Are All Filipinas Nymphomaniacs?
viewtopic.php?p=19258&sid=b5a83035a6c8b ... 221e198cfc
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Taco wrote:

Read this.

davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:

Read this.

That's a great thread you are referencing Taco. I hate generalizing about cultures - I really do and it usually pisses me off when people say on this board, "All Filipinas are X, or all Latinas are Y."

But in my modest experience this is all very true. I am old - very old. While it's not true that I was some big time player, the passing of so many years means that I have been with plenty of women from a variety of cultures. Only false modesty keeps me from sharing more stories about Filipinas. Find out for yourself!!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

davewe wrote: That's a great thread you are referencing Taco. I hate generalizing about cultures - I really do and it usually pisses me off when people say on this board, "All Filipinas are X, or all Latinas are Y."

But in my modest experience this is all very true. I am old - very old. While it's not true that I was some big time player, the passing of so many years means that I have been with plenty of women from a variety of cultures. Only false modesty keeps me from sharing more stories about Filipinas. Find out for yourself!!
Davewe, I too hate generalising for the sake of finding "mental shortcuts" for one's own peace of mind. Yet I think some common cultural traits between Filipinas and Latinas can be found, possibly tracing back to their common Spaniard colonisation, as well as the hot climate, etc.

Please don't be modest, you know we're all ears on your stories about Filipinas, Latinas and any other culture for that matter! :)
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Hard to generalize on this topic. That said, I don't think most filipinas will try to resist sharing your hobbies. Every filipina that I've ever met will crave your attention. So my guess is she'll atleast attempt to get onto your wave length. Filipinas don't have that rugged individualism that is so common in the States. That doesn't guarantee however that she will enjoy your hobbies tho. At worst, if she doesn't enjoy your hobbies she'll be understanding and respect your territory as long as there is ample time for her. If your hobbies take up all your time and you don't have time for her, she'll probably be WORSE than an American woman.

If you consider yourself a selfish, independant type who makes no time for your mate DO NOT.....I repeat DO NOT hook up with a filipina. This is a recipe for disaster.