Anyone tried to pick up in regular discos/nightclubs in PH?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

PaulB wrote:
Seeker wrote: In the PI there hardly are any proper nightclubs, it's nearly all bars with groups drinking together so the avenue that exists in Bangkok simply doesn't exist in the PI.
Not entirely true. There are some bars/discos/inuman like Guilly's, Padi's Point, Nirvana, Distillery, Fiamma, etc. where people go to drink with their barkada and it may be hard for an "outsider" to break in.

But there are other places like Embassy, Icon, Republiq, Manor, etc (all "proper" nightclubs) where it's easy to socialize with girls who are just out having fun.
Some of those places are closed now. Proper nightclubs have been targeted by various mayors enforcing vice laws and are closed down. So basically in a city of over 12 million, the nightlife scene is pretty tame and lame for the most part. Anyways, those places are mostly filled with the richer spoiled part of Filipino society and they still hang out in groups and "in" crowds. If you are a lone foreigner trying to pick up, you stand out like a sore thumb. Usually you need to know someone and be introduced to the "group" before you can get anywhere. You'd have better luck scouring the malls for chicks cause usually they may only be with one other or a couple friends. Any girl "by her self" in the Philippines in a bar or disco is a P4P girl or at the least a part time whore, plain and simple. I've been pretty much everywhere in PI and that's the way it is.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

The point I was trying to make is that it (meeting normal girls in normal bars/clubs) is not as difficult as some of you are making it out to be.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

PaulB wrote:The point I was trying to make is that it (meeting normal girls in normal bars/clubs) is not as difficult as some of you are making it out to be.
It all depends on the country, culture and many times happenstance. Not all are equal in this regard.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster

Post by nightwatchsf »

Seeker wrote:
PaulB wrote:
Seeker wrote: In the PI there hardly are any proper nightclubs, it's nearly all bars with groups drinking together so the avenue that exists in Bangkok simply doesn't exist in the PI.
Not entirely true. There are some bars/discos/inuman like Guilly's, Padi's Point, Nirvana, Distillery, Fiamma, etc. where people go to drink with their barkada and it may be hard for an "outsider" to break in.

But there are other places like Embassy, Icon, Republiq, Manor, etc (all "proper" nightclubs) where it's easy to socialize with girls who are just out having fun.
Aren't those all in Manila though? I still say that true nightclubs are very uncommon in PI especially outside Manila, I also noticed that regular pinays seem unwilling to get on the dancefloor unlike say, Thai girls who can just dance for hours.
You are right, those clubs are all in Manila, second best destination is Cebu for "proper clubs", outside of that not much. Regular Pinay's are painfully shy. I've seen disco's outside of manila where no one hits the dancefloor until past 1am.. They spend their time drinking furiously to build up the courage. Many of the disco's in Manila also feature tables in the middle of the dance floor so that they can dance around their tables. Often you will see a girl bust a sexy move, then stop and giggle.

Personally I prefer the total lack of shame and confidence of Thai women when it comes to partying, but I think its easier to find and pick up a girl in the Philippines who is not running a game on you. In defense of Thai women, I think this has to do with the sheer number of toursits and sex tourists that travel to thailand. Most Thai women I know have been worked over by several foreigners. Most Philippinas have had few experiences with foreigners.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

nightwatchsf wrote:Regular Pinay's are painfully shy. I've seen disco's outside of manila where no one hits the dancefloor until past 1am.. They spend their time drinking furiously to build up the courage. Many of the disco's in Manila also feature tables in the middle of the dance floor so that they can dance around their tables. Often you will see a girl bust a sexy move, then stop and giggle.
YES totally, I've seen that exact same thing so many times, it's pathetic, childish and annoying to watch. It's as if they associate dancing with prostitution, after all "dancer" is often a euphemism for "prostitute" in the Philippines.

For me personally I find it effortless to meet girls in Bangkok clubs for casual sex, I don't even have do anything. It's not the best place to find a long term relationship though.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Which places you go to in BKK where you can pick up regular girls easily?
How do you tell if girl is pro or regular or you are good looking so even pros dont ask you for money?

I went to insomnia, grace hotel, novotel, spicy, mix and few others but all women there seem to be hookers
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster

Post by nightwatchsf »

Banano wrote:Which places you go to in BKK where you can pick up regular girls easily?
How do you tell if girl is pro or regular or you are good looking so even pros dont ask you for money?

I went to insomnia, grace hotel, novotel, spicy, mix and few others but all women there seem to be hookers
Grace and Spicy have a very high working girl ratio. QBar has a higher ratio of non-working girls, and Bed even more so, and RCA very few. (Haven't been to insomnia).

Some obvious cues:
If a girl is alone or with another girl friend mostly standing and nursing one drink - working girl
A group of girls at a table with their own bottle of liqueur and/or food - probably not working girls.
Girls at a VIP table with their own bottle of liqueur and table service - probably not working girls.
Girls with their own cars - semi-pro or non working

That being said. I've gone out with girls that I was 100% sure were working girls pulled from clubs where nearly 100% of the girls were working girls, only to have them offer me drinks and refuse money of any kind.

Bear in mind that there are different games afoot. Some girls are looking for pure P4P, some are looking for boyfriend sponsors, some are looking for a shag, some are looking for real boyfriends.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Banano wrote:Which places you go to in BKK where you can pick up regular girls easily?
The same places you go, especially on weekends. There's also Bossy and Narcissus.
During your conversation you ask them what they do, of course a pro can always lie about it but if she lies it usually means she just wants to have fun for the night. If a girl is attracted to you the last thing she wants you to think is that she's a hooker. If you want to be able to pick up girls in clubs consistently you have GOT to be attractive to them, which means looks since you don't want to pay.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

nightwatchsf wrote: Bear in mind that there are different games afoot. Some girls are looking for pure P4P, some are looking for boyfriend sponsors, some are looking for a shag, some are looking for real boyfriends.
There are also many serial daters. Girls who bounce from one expat to another just looking for a night out on the town. They're not even really looking for sugar daddies nor are they full on party girls. They just like variety or something.

There's also an awful lot of drug addicts in the thai scene. That's something that rarely gets mentioned but a lot of party girls at the clubs do coke, smoke meth, or pop yaba (the pill meth.) I think you actually did mention it once but it's really prevalent in both the expat scene and the local Thai club scene.
nightwatchsf
Freshman Poster

Post by nightwatchsf »

Seeker wrote: During your conversation you ask them what they do, of course a pro can always lie about it but if she lies it usually means she just wants to have fun for the night. If a girl is attracted to you the last thing she wants you to think is that she's a hooker. If you want to be able to pick up girls in clubs consistently you have GOT to be attractive to them, which means looks since you don't want to pay.
Very good advice. Seeker is right on the money here. Easy to tell the difference after a short conversation.
Repatriate wrote: There are also many serial daters. Girls who bounce from one expat to another just looking for a night out on the town. They're not even really looking for sugar daddies nor are they full on party girls. They just like variety or something.
This is true in the party/club scene in both Manila and Bangkok. Actually, I understand them. In either place when I go out there are so many hot women that you can land when you go out that it can be hard to stay, stick with one. Especially if you are going out every night. Tuesday night you hook up with a girl with the most incredible ass you have ever seen, Wednesday night you meet a girl with unbelievable dance moves. thursday night face of an angel etc.. So its the same for them.

If you want to avoid the serial daters check to see how often you see them in the clubs and how many people they know. If they are buddies with the bouncers and say hello to half the club chances of serial dating are high. That being said I've seen some of these girls end up sticking to one guy and becoming happily married.