Everyone's a Scammer!!!

Expose or warn others about scams and scammers, or shady business practices. Expose those that have cheated you or ripped you off. Caution: Before naming specific individuals or groups, make sure that they really wronged you and that there was no misunderstanding. Otherwise your post may constitute slander or libel if it contains false information.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Everyone's a Scammer!!!

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, starting a dating site has been a huge eye opener for me.

I am literally overrun with scammers. Actually there are also some decent members on there. But are there? Maybe the whole world is out to scam each other :roll: .

Be careful out there guys. Don't send money to anyone. Don't do business deals. Things are no better on other sites - I've chatted to guys who've used well known pay sites and in some cases they reckon 90%+ of the members are scammers.

I guess I should give up while the going is good. But I kinda like the intellectual challenge of building a scammer proof dating site. This stuff is also putting some serious meat on my resume :o . Programmers with anti-fraud experience are very valuable :D . A scammer free dating site will also be very popular, and I'm sure it's possible to build.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Everyone's a Scammer!!!

Post by davewe »

xiongmao wrote:Wow, starting a dating site has been a huge eye opener for me.

I am literally overrun with scammers. Actually there are also some decent members on there. But are there? Maybe the whole world is out to scam each other :roll: .

Be careful out there guys. Don't send money to anyone. Don't do business deals. Things are no better on other sites - I've chatted to guys who've used well known pay sites and in some cases they reckon 90%+ of the members are scammers.

I guess I should give up while the going is good. But I kinda like the intellectual challenge of building a scammer proof dating site. This stuff is also putting some serious meat on my resume :o . Programmers with anti-fraud experience are very valuable :D . A scammer free dating site will also be very popular, and I'm sure it's possible to build.
When I was on Cherry Blossoms I reported maybe 5-6 girls as asking for money and obvious scammers. None of them were ever removed. So if you have a good removal system that will give you a leg up over every other site.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

scammers

Post by targetguy »

8) Many of the cherry blossoms seems to want to be text mates and keep the thing going forever. The us guy supports and the love you lines forever. I met my first wife from there but 100 percent of the women i have met from there all want support before marrage and most are very very poor. The text mate arangement can go on for years and it may be better to retire over in the pi permant then a text mate situation. Getting the gal through us immigration is a nightmare and costly with all the support beforehand. This is one of the biggest obsticles to marrying a overseas gal.
no scammers
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thanks guys. Yes a scammer free dating site would be a great selling point.

At the moment I'm most focussed on the organised crime element. I need to crush these scammers first. Thankfully the male scammers are pretty easy for me to spot - their profiles stick out and I should be able to train my site to recognise them.

I'm having a harder time recognising the Filipina text mates/money lookers though. Some guys kinda like having a cute Asian girl they can chat to when the wife's not looking. The only problem is it makes it harder to spot the marriage minded girls.

I've personally not had much experience of scammers on dating sites. I got a couple of Chinese girls trying to get me to chat to them on a pay per letter site, but that was all really. I guess I have an advantage in that I've mostly been chatting to and meeting Chinese girls from the South of the country. Most of them have enough money for iPhones and stuff and none of them have been particularly poor. In fact one had a million dollar business!

As to spotting scammers, I've got some nice tools assembled. Once I get to 10,000 members I'll be able to deploy my classifier to sort out all the members into what types of dating site user they are.

One thing I'm noticing already is that women are being increasingly targeted by scammers. This happens a lot on Chinese Love Links, and these Asian women are often stupendously naive about scams.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

OK, I have slogged my guts out today, and I've now written a people classifier for my AsianLoveConnections dating site.

I'm currently training it to spot African scammers and people looking for sexy fun. Results look encouraging. Actually, I'm really impressed. Wow, the members with bad intentions might be giving themselves away. If I like the results then I'll build it into the trust system (which is already doing a pretty good job of spotting the most blatant scammers).

Up next are the Filipina money lookers. I'm not quite so sure how to spot these so I might need to get some help from Filipina experts. I'll also add on a report a member tool then everything will be sweet.

After that I need to get facial detection working and then the site will be a fortress.

I think a safe and free dating site is a possibility, but it's taking some extraordinary effort . :oops:
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

xiongmao wrote: One thing I'm noticing already is that women are being increasingly targeted by scammers. This happens a lot on Chinese Love Links, and these Asian women are often stupendously naive about scams.
I know a lot of guys "scam" women by only wanting them to do sexual stuff on cams and have no intention of ever travelling outside their country to meet any of them. Are there other kinds?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, loads of men are looking for money. They're often from West Africa or Malaysia. God knows what they're doing on my site - the average Filipina isn't exactly loaded.

I think they're on DateInAsia as well - I got contacted by a Nigerian man on there, which isn't what you want on a dating site.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

A collection of Thai Love Links scammers:

http://forum.asianloveconnections.com/v ... =103&p=266

Never really had a problem with CLL scammers, but Thailand is a nightmare for dodgy ladies.