12 Logical Reasons Why Rock's Taiwan Claims Can't Be True

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Even the warm girls like Filipinas will become cold if they are approached by a man whom they do not find attractive, such as a poor elephant man for example. They do not open up to poor Aeta men from the mountains for one.
So, it is all down to one thing- how attractive a man is within the local market. In a poor country with few available/handsome men, their demands will be lower; in a richer country where there are more opportunities for them to meet a better man or where they have higher expectations it is harder for an average guy to compete.
So, in case of Rock, or momopi, those guys are tall, good looking and successful as well as youngish-looking. So, they score better than Winston would.
Now, if Taiwan were as poor as Cambodia with half the men dead in a war, with no jobs except factory for 1 dollar a day, Winston would see smiles and playful looks in girls' eyes as well as marriage proposals coming his way every day.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

davewe wrote:
Repatriate wrote:I give you props Winston for documenting your night out but simply taking one event and pumping it into a "all TW girls are like this, period." is a bitch of a stretch. Plus how do you know these girls are just dolls who are empty inside without knowing them? Is it because they don't vibe with you?

It's just that you don't know these people and haven't broken through to any of them.
Only in the world of Winston does a guy go out, strike out consistently, then declare victory because he's proven that he's right and Rock is wrong.
Well it's true. I am right. TW is a hard dating scene, not much different from the USA. I'm declaring victory because I've clearly won the debate with Rock, which was easy since his claims were preposterous to begin with.

Look at the reality. 99 percent of guys do NOT cold approach. Cold approach is seen as creepy, inappropriate and as demeaning to women. Mainstream guys have told me that cold approach is equivalent to "treating women like sex objects." I know that's a mangina attitude, but that's how a lot of normal guys think. We are the odd balls here.

I know I may be a loser with women in Taiwan, but at least I told the truth, while Rock clearly BSed us all the past 3 years about how any random guy can cold approach and pick up girls in Taiwan, except me. It was all lies and BS. I swear! It is now a 1000 percent certainty.

I have posted so many letters from honest people I know, that validate what I say too. And I've given many logical reasons as well. Bottom line: I may be unattractive here, but I told the TRUTH. Rock DID NOT!

That should earn me respect at least.

Besides, as Repatriate says, Rock only gets girls that are not attractive that no one wants. In clubs, he does not approach attractive girls either. No way. He wouldn't have a chance either. Not just me. Even for handsome men, TW is a hard dating scene with a cold wall.

So Rock is not the mack daddy you all think he is. He exaggerates for sure and falsely portrays TW. So you gotta wonder, maybe the reason he never tells anyone his real name, including hotel receptionists, is because he is a fugitive running from lawsuits for false promises he gave people? It's highly possible given that he is religious in making sure that no one knows his name.

Who knows. Since he's been absent from the forum for a while, perhaps he's been arrested in the US when he went back there. lol. Imagine the FBI showing up and saying to him, "Mr. *his real name*, FBI, you are under arrest. We've finally got you." LOLOLOL

You guys should be skeptical and think critically, not just believe everything a smooth talking person says.

Remember, actions speak louder than words. I show that I'm right with actions. Rock doesn't. He just talks and talks. He can't approach hot girls and he knows he can't. So he doesn't. I invite him to come here and try it. Or go to Taichung and try it. I have a place for him to stay here and also at my friend's place in Taichung. He can bring his little Indian tenant that he boasts about.

Then we will see if they can live up to what they claim.

I deserve respect, because I am all action and no talk and I don't make up BS stories that are far fetched that I can't prove.

You should respect me for that Davewe, instead of ridiculing me for it. Would you prefer that I lie to everyone here?

Why don't you come here Davewe, instead of dating those ghetto girls in the Philippines that you date, and try cold approaching Taiwan girls?
Just because your experiences have been bad doesn't mean others have equally bad experiences. Also, have you tried hooking up with a group of Taiwanese people who are into the local social scene? It seems like 99% of the time you're hanging out with white expats who are equally clueless and only hanging out in certain places that are geared towards that scene. Why don't you find some hip local friends to show you around or get in good with those types?

One thing you have to keep in mind is that you're not white Winston you're asian-american and you have to hang out with a different group to network into the local scene.
I have many letters from honest men that validate what I say. You want to see more? Sean has been here for 10 years and can testify to the reality of what I say. It's not rocket science. Anyone can come here and validate it and see what Taiwan is like for one day. It's simple.

Just because online people BS doesn't mean it's all true. Do you understand that?

Most TW people I know don't go out. They go to work and go home and have no opinions or thoughts to share. Why don't you hook me up with hip TW people?

You saw the photos I posted. Me and the give white guys, all young and slim, were only able to meet foreign girls. The Taiwanese girls all gave us the cold shoulder. That should tell you a LOT dude! It SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible. I've shown everyone the truth. It's settled. TW is no dating paradise, at least not for most guys.

Case settled. Checkmate.

You can whine all you want. But I've proven my point for sure and I am right. Checkmate has been reached.
Last edited by Winston on June 7th, 2012, 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:Even the warm girls like Filipinas will become cold if they are approached by a man whom they do not find attractive, such as a poor elephant man for example. They do not open up to poor Aeta men from the mountains for one.
So, it is all down to one thing- how attractive a man is within the local market. In a poor country with few available/handsome men, their demands will be lower; in a richer country where there are more opportunities for them to meet a better man or where they have higher expectations it is harder for an average guy to compete.
So, in case of Rock, or momopi, those guys are tall, good looking and successful as well as youngish-looking. So, they score better than Winston would.
Now, if Taiwan were as poor as Cambodia with half the men dead in a war, with no jobs except factory for 1 dollar a day, Winston would see smiles and playful looks in girls' eyes as well as marriage proposals coming his way every day.
That may be true. Rock and Momopi are taller than me. But that's not what I'm disputing. I'm disputing Rock's claims that ANY or MOST guys here can pick up girls easily or meet/date girls easily, even through cold approach. The evidence I've presented, as well as letters from many people and expats, disprove this bogus claim to a certainty.

Do you understand? That's what I'm refuting and have done so many times over.

Use common sense. 99 percent of guys do not cold approach women. We all know that. It's not a thing that normal guys do. So Rock's claim that most guys can do it here are technically impossible and ludicrous.

You guys should be laughing at him, since he deceived you all. Not me. I told the truth. I deserve respect for that.

So if a winner lies and a loser tells the truth, you all point the blame at the honest loser? lol. That's typical of a mad crowd.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Moreover, I can't even use money in Taiwan to get girls. Here's why:

Most girls in Taiwan, esp attractive ones, won't sleep with a guy for any amount of money. They have a totally non-whore mentality and don't like to use men. So even if you offer them 10,000NT or 20,000NT, most girls will refuse. In fact, they told me that a guy who flashes big wads of money is scary to them. So money does not seem to turn girls on here.

The only ones that will have sex for money are unattractive ghetto looking types, not the ones among the 80 percent of attractive females in Taiwan. I've had taxi drivers in different cities in Taiwan take me around to find whores, and all of them were ghetto and trashy looking. None were decent. One time I got lucky when I was with Rock and found a decent looking p4p girl at a massage parlor. But that was a rare exception. Most p4p girls here are not even decent looking.

Therefore, you can't even use money to get decent girls in Taiwan. That's how hard it is.

Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Winston wrote: Besides, as Repatriate says, Rock only gets girls that are not attractive that no one wants. In clubs, he does not approach attractive girls either. No way. He wouldn't have a chance either. Not just me. Even for handsome men, TW is a hard dating scene with a cold wall.
Whoa let's not put words in my mouth. I said Rock seems to like a specific body type that is not very popular with most TW or other asian men. He could very well be getting lots of dates and relationships based on his criteria.

You have met the guy before why are you trashing him so hard? If you met him he should be at least a friend to you.
DelusionBuster
Freshman Poster

Post by DelusionBuster »

Winston wrote:TW is no dating paradise, at least not for most guys.

You dumbass. Then what the hell are you doing in Taiwan? Why didn't you leave years ago when you knew that fact already?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: This is so true. Chinese are very good to you if they know you. But if you are a stranger, you simply don't exist to them. It's a strange characteristic inherent in Chinese people. I noticed this growing up in California around Chinese people too. This is common knowledge, so I don't know why it's not talked about publicly on any travel sites or programs. And I don't know why Rock, who's been in Taiwan for 10 years, will not admit to this. Denial and cognitive dissonance are more powerful than I thought.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_social_relations
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

So Winston, at the end of the day, would you prefer Taiwan or the Philippines or Russia?
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Why Has Taiwan's Birthrate Dropped So Low?
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 37,00.html

Taiwan Birth Rate Falls to World’s Lowest
http://www.voanews.com/content/taiwan-b ... 67887.html
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out what this poster from the WSG forum said about Rock's history there:

viewtopic.php?p=85336#85336

Also, in the other thread about Rock being an intelligence operative, I posted this long but IMPORTANT response and explanation to Dogboy, Davewe, and Repatriate that I think is very crucial. So I'll post it here as well, just to set some things straight for the record.
Dogboy86 wrote:Winston didn't Rock invite you and offer to pay for your plane ticket to go with him to Thailand? I don't think his success or even exaggeration of success should effect you in the slightest way. Every persons perception and experiences are differant, every measure of success unique to that individual. Don't be obtuse Winston, you found the Philippines a better place for everything then Ph_visitor did, couldn't another person do better in Taiwan then you?
No he didn't offer to pay for anything. He just offered to show me around. You must have gotten mixed up with Mr S's post where he wrongly said that I wouldn't go to Thailand unless someone paid for my ticket there, which is not true. I can easily afford to go to Thailand, so that claim makes no sense. But as you know, lies are remembered by the brain more often than truths are. Weird how that is.

I told you, you don't know him and you have no proof of his credibility. Just because a man says "I am honest. I never lie." doesn't make it so. Do you understand that? Esp when this guy has no references and no one even knows his first name. And esp when this guy claims to have slept with 100 women in Taiwan, the most conservative country in the world, which is a really far fetched claim.

Sure, some guys can do better than me. That's not in dispute. Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension? That's not what's being disputed here. What I proved wrong was Rock's claim that EVERYONE or most guys, can pick up and cold approach girls in Taiwan easily. That is TOTALLY FALSE, for the 10 reasons I elaborated on in the other thread where I presented 10 lines of evidence, including photos from a nightclub, and letters from expats.

Do you understand? I've explained this hundreds of times. How many more times do I have to explain that to you?

Why do you assume that Rock is "kind and honest" by default with no evidence other than his words? Why are you so easily taken in? Why do you give him the benefit of the doubt? Why do you have a bias toward him? Is it because liars are more likable than honest people?

"The men the American public admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." - H. L. Mencken

Btw, I just remembered something interesting. Last year, Rock sent me a text message by mistake. It was meant for some guy named David that he was having a scuffle with. In it, Rock shamed David and implied that he was a loser, and said that the lingerie model in China that David liked ended up sleeping with him instead. It was odd. Rock later told me that he sent that to me by mistake. But who knows? Maybe he sent that to me deliberately to show off again?

Either that, or the universe was trying to tell me something about him by causing him to make that boo boo. Sometimes, the universe leaves little clues, signs and omens for you, which you can pick up on if you are attentive and aware.

It does seem though, that Rock has a pattern of shaming others and inflating his success with the illusion that "every woman wants me" which is typical of insecure Western males in Asia. His text to David reflects that too.

In reality, I've only seen him with unattractive women that no one wants. So it's far fetched that he was able to bag a lingerie model in China, or 100 women in Taiwan, the most conservative country in the world.

I know an expat here named Mark, who's lived in Taiwan for 15 years. He meets a lot of women, but strikes out with a lot of them too. He does not make over the top claims like Rock does. When I told him that Rock has been claiming for three years that "every guy can cold approach and pick up girls in Taiwan except me", he told me that Rock sounds like some narcissist. What's interesting is that Mark actually introduced me to 4 or 5 girls in Taiwan, and also to his American niece who visited here. Yet Rock, the big mack daddy in Taiwan who's bagged 100 chicks, he claims, has introduced me to 0.00 women. LOL

It would appear that Rock is ALL TALK AND NO ACTION, NO PROOF, NO EVIDENCE, JUST BIG CLAIMS! LOL Is that the kind of guy you admire dogboy? Why do you see nothing wrong with any of this, but you do in my posts? Could it be because, per the quote above, a liar is more likable than a truth teller? If so, what a sad world we live in... don't you think?

Wouldn't I be more likable and popular if I lied and BSed about my accomplishments? Would you prefer that? Why not? The liars here don't suffer any ridicule, so doesn't it pay better to be a liar rather than a truth teller? Seriously. Tell me. How about I start BSing about my accomplishments and everything from now on? You want that? Liars are more popular after all...

One more thing dogboy. Rock is the one who started all this. Before I posted that thread with those 10 reasons why Rock is wrong, he blew up at me during a cell phone text message exchange over a little misunderstanding about his tenant's height, which I mixed up with a Norwegian guy he told me about, which was no big deal. Normally, Rock is mellow and easygoing, so for him to "blow a fuse" is unusual. Usually, when a normally calm person loses his temper over little things, it means he is going through some turmoil or big personal problems. You know what I mean? Anyway, after he blew his fuse, he started trying to shame me with his old "everyone can approach and pick up girls in Taiwan" spiel. Then he cited his tenant, a dark skinned 5ft5 East Indian guy, as being able to pick up girls and get dates in Taipei. That's when I had it with his lies and BS. So I created that elaborate thread of 10 logical reasons why Rock was wrong about Taiwan. Understand?

Btw, regarding Rock's tenant, when he called me, he told me that he had been rejected by hundreds of girls in Taipei, but through the sheer numbers game, he managed to get 11 dates nevertheless. Of those 11 dates, half of them lost interest in him after the first date. He also told me that his main problem was that he kept getting "friend zoned" by girls due to his lack of seduction technique. I told him that was a BS myth perpetuated by the PUA industry, and that in reality, if a girl only likes you as a friend, you can't do anything about it. If you aren't her type, then you aren't her type. You can really manipulate her into having romance and chemistry with you if she doesn't want it. That's not realistic and even if you could, she'd hate you for it later.

Anyhow, what he told me was vastly different than what Rock claimed about him.
Davewe wrote: He gave you false hope? You must be delusional! This is your website, predicated on the notion that if you aren't doing well with women in one place, the answer is to get off you ass and move!

Even now that you vehemently claim that he lied to you about women in Taiwan, where are you living? Taiwan. Everyone's told you the answer Winston - take your own advise and move!

OTOH, if Rock, who routinely criticized other members (including his good buddy Winston) all in the name of truth of course, is really avoiding HA because his feelings are hurt by Winston's scathing wit - well then he is not the man he pretended to be. I have a feeling there are missing pieces to this puzzle. I was not always a fan of Rock's but I can't believe he would take his ball home because of Winston's high-school level rantings.
Yes he gave me false hope. See above. In summary, he gave me false hope in two ways:

1. He constantly claimed that Taiwan girls were approachable and easy to meet - for everyone, not just him. All I had to do was be proactive, develop guts, and fix my dress style and weight.
2. He constantly claimed that every guy or most guys, were able to cold approach and pick up girls in Taiwan easily. He implied that all I had to do was fix a few things, and Taiwan would be a dating paradise for me too.

NEVER HAPPENED. TOTALLY FALSE. I elaborated on 10 reasons why, showed photos from a nightclub, and letters from honest realistic expats. Davewe, how would you like it if someone gave you false hope for years about getting girls in your hometown, claiming that it easy and that you had to keep trying and that every other guy has had success except you. Wouldn't that piss you off too?

Let me tell you the brutally honest truth with no holds barred:

It is REALLY REALLY FRICKING UNCOMFORTABLE trying to approach girls here. I SWEAR! I experience that every fricking day! It feels so FRICKING UNNATURAL and totally AGAINST the flow of things to try to approach or chat up girls here! f**k man! So how the f**k can it be so "easy" to meet and approach girls in Taiwan? NO f***ing WAY MAN! I SWEAR TO GOD! I SWEAR!!! Even if the girls here are really nice, still, would you want to try to approach a girl if it always felt so FRICKING UNNATURAL and AGAINST THE FLOW of things?! WOULD YOU? HUH?! How would that make you feel?! TELL ME!!! Do you like always going AGAINST the flow of things? Where's the peace or fun in that?!

Given this reality, anyone can see that Rock's claims were totally false and untrue. Yet he takes no flak here for it. I guess it pays better to be a liar than an honest truth teller. Maybe I should change hats and start BSing, since it makes you more popular. What do you think?

I'm not living in Taiwan. If I were, I'd have bought a car or scooter by now. I'm just doing some projects, but time goes by so fast and everything takes forever, and I have no time management skills. I was planning to leave here in January 2012, which seemed like yesterday! WTF?!

Yes you are right. There is something suspicious about Rock. You can never tell with someone who is so secretive about his identity and name. No one I know refuses to tell me their first name.

Rock and I have had many debates here in the past. He can take the heat. It's nothing new to him. So I don't know what happened to him this time. Maybe the 10 logical reasons thread was overwhelming to him. Maybe this thread implicating him with the Illuminati or secret intelligence blew his cover? lol. Or maybe he has some personal problems, as I indicated above when he blew up at me over a little thing. Or some combination of the above.

Last I heard, he was going to America. So maybe he had some business there. However, when he goes there, he usually logs in and posts routinely still. Maybe this time he has some big problems to deal with there, such as one of his investments went awry, which was why he blew up at me over a little thing, which was out of character for him. Or it maybe its one of the reasons above. Who knows. He is an odd fellow though, highly intelligent, but highly shady and suspicious as well.
Repatriate wrote: I don't see what the big shocker here is.

The biggest criticism this person has against Rock is that he's a massive whoremonger who spent a lot of time on whoremonger forums and lied or misled people about his identity on the internet. Big f***ing whoop. 99% of the expats you see abroad are massive whoremongers who lie about their past. Unless Rock has actually done serious things like murder, con, and rape people I couldn't care less about the other stuff.

This is also precisely why I don't meet people abroad from the internet. It's just too shady most of the time.
Yeah well that's not what Rock claims. He claims that he's not a whoremonger because he always gets laid for free, which is almost every Western guy claims. Most Western guys are not that honest about their accomplishments you know.

You don't know what Rock has done in the past. It's an unknown. But it's suspicious that he checks into hotels with fake names. I don't know anyone who does that. Usually only a fugitive does that.

Most of my meetings from the internet are good experiences. You are too negative and cynical.

So are you saying that it's ok to lie and BS because everyone else does it? lol

What does that make me, refreshingly honest? If so, then why do I take flak while BSers don't take any here?
Last edited by Winston on June 23rd, 2012, 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
Winston wrote: Besides, as Repatriate says, Rock only gets girls that are not attractive that no one wants. In clubs, he does not approach attractive girls either. No way. He wouldn't have a chance either. Not just me. Even for handsome men, TW is a hard dating scene with a cold wall.
Whoa let's not put words in my mouth. I said Rock seems to like a specific body type that is not very popular with most TW or other asian men. He could very well be getting lots of dates and relationships based on his criteria.

You have met the guy before why are you trashing him so hard? If you met him he should be at least a friend to you.
Well that's exactly what I said. You said it in a nicer way. But it's the same thing either way.

I'm hard on him cause he deceived me for three years. So the explanation above. Plus, he started it. See what I told Dogboy above.
Falcon wrote: Why Has Taiwan's Birthrate Dropped So Low?
http://www.time.com/time/world/article/ ... 37,00.html

Taiwan Birth Rate Falls to World’s Lowest
http://www.voanews.com/content/taiwan-b ... 67887.html
I guess we should add this as reason #11? lol. Obviously, if Taiwan girls are so easy and marriage-minded, then the birthrate wouldn't be so low.
Falcon wrote: So Winston, at the end of the day, would you prefer Taiwan or the Philippines or Russia?
Neither of course. All three have unbearable things about them. But as for safety, value and cost of living, Taiwan seems to be the best. For dating, Taiwan is worst.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've come to realize something.

Rock constantly claimed that Taiwan was an easy dating paradise for every guy, so no matter how many times you fail or run into a dead end, or how much time you waste in a stagnant sterile environment in Taiwan, he constantly gives tells you that if you just try a little harder or meet more girls, that you will eventually hit it off. He NEVER blames the sterile Taiwan environment, but always blames those who fail or are frustrated in Taiwan.

This is the behavior of a fanatic or religious person, kind of like an Amway distributor who will NEVER blame the MLM system but only on those who fail or don't make it in Amway. Thus, he NEVER tells anyone to quit Taiwan, and NEVER acknowledges that it's insane to keep trying at something that never works - per the Einstein quote on insanity: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result" (which even Phoenix93 has cited in this case). This definitely smacks of a religious mindset. Rock may genuinely believe his religious fanaticism about Taiwan, but it definitely hampers his objectivity, for sure.

My dad has a similar bias and religious mindset regarding Taiwan. He also believes that Taiwan girls are great and kind, so no matter how much evidence I have that Taiwan girls are cold and unapproachable, he will never blame Taiwan girls, but always say to keep trying until you find "the one". Thus, this religious bias toward Taiwan girls will make people like Rock continue to give people false hope no matter how many times they fail. This bias does not like to be proven wrong, but seeks to validate itself regardless of the string of failures and wasted time.

Do you see how this works? If you believe something with a religious mindset, then no matter how much data there is to the contrary, you will keep seeking the data that agrees with you until you find it. It's called CONFIRMATION BIAS. And in this case, it leads to a neverending belief despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary. The danger is that if you persist in this confirmation bias, you end up giving people false hope. This is EXACTLY what Rock has done. His mind is so fanatical and biased that he has filtered out a MOUNTAIN of evidence to the contrary (10 logical arguments, many honest expat letters, photos showing hard evidence against you) because it doesn't fit in with his beliefs.

Thus, Rock is clearly religious and fanatical, not objective at all. This is obvious to all.

Plus, the man has no references. He simply claims that he is honest and objective because he says so. Used car salesman make the same claim. It's not evidence.

Quick question for Rock:

Rock, wise expats such as Ladislav, and even me, will tell someone that if after a few months of being in a new country, things don't happen for you, or if the "energy" is stagnant, then that is an obvious indicator from the universe that you are in the wrong place that doesn't fit your energy/destiny/karma. Experienced spiritual expats know this and can vouch for this general rule of thumb.

So why do you never tell anyone "Taiwan is not right for you. You should try somewhere else."? Instead, you seem to prefer giving people false hope, and telling people to keep trying ad infinitum, until they validate YOUR religious beliefs about Taiwan being a great dating paradise for everyone. Isn't that very selfish of you? Think about it.

Likewise, my dad will also NEVER tell anyone, including me, that Taiwan is wrong for them. Instead, he will always tell you to "keep trying" no matter how many failures, frustrations, cold walls, sterility and stagnation you experience in Taiwan, due to his strong pro-Taiwan bias. There is no question that this is due to confirmation bias.
Last edited by Winston on June 23rd, 2012, 3:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, since a lot of you keep missing my main point OVER AND OVER again, let me repeat it many times below to try to hammer it into your heads...

I'm arguing with his claim that anyone can pick up chicks in Taiwan, not whether he personally does better in Taiwan than me or not. I've explained this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY TIMES already. Why do you guys keep repeating the same claim after I've clarified it?

I'm arguing with his claim that anyone can pick up chicks in Taiwan, not whether he personally does better in Taiwan than me or not. I've explained this SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANY TIMES already. Why do you guys keep repeating the same claim after I've clarified it?

There, I repeated it ten times. Do I need to repeat it ten more times? Can you all PLEASE STOP saying "Winston, just because Rock does better than you in Taiwan doesn't mean he's lying."? OK??? OR SHOULD I REPEAT THIS CLARIFICATION TEN MORE TIMES???

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some big news for you all.

Mark, an expat in Taiwan for 16 years, and Ann, a 38 year old local Taiwanese woman who is smart and sassy, both told me that they think Rock's claims are too ludicrous and improbable to believe.

My friend Mark, an expat in Taiwan who's lived here for 16 years (longer than Rock) told me that he read Rock's posts on this forum, but stopped after reading 5 of them, because he felt that "Rock was full of it".

Since he knows more about Taiwan than Rock does, this is big news and a big hit against Rock, as his qualifications on Taiwan outmatch Rock's.

He basically confirmed what I said about cold approaches in Taiwan, and doesn't buy Rock's claims, which he also says don't match actual reality in Taiwan.

Here are some facts he told me about Taiwan which make Rock's claims too outlandish to believe:

- In Taiwan, you have to be "friends first" with a girl for 3 - 5 months first before asking her to be your girlfriend. (Yes, that's how conservative it is.) This is the way couples are born, and how normal relationships start in Taiwanese culture. Therefore, Rock's claims that nearly every girl he dates sleeps with him within 3 - 5 dates is very improbable - unless they are whores, tramps, or very desperate for some reason. Normal girls don't sleep with guys within 3 - 5 dates. Mark also doesn't buy Rock's claims of having slept with 100 women in Taiwan, nor does he buy his claims that every girl he dates sleeps with him in 3 - 5 dates.

- Cold approaches don't work in Taiwan. The only time a Taiwanese girl will respond to a cold approach is if you are asking directions. It is easier to start conversations on trains. I would concur with this.

- Flirting is seen as a negative thing in Taiwan, and is considered a "vulgar" act. Even the word itself has a negative connotation in Chinese. What this means is that Taiwanese girls HATE flirting, so you can't use it as a seduction method! Holy f**k! No wonder! This explains why I don't do well in Taiwan. Flirting is my main seduction skill. It's my chief arsenal in picking up girls. Therefore, if I can't use it, then my game drops to nothing. It would be like Superman without his powers. No wonder!

Therefore, if you CAN'T flirt with girls in Taiwan, then how the FRICKING HELL can it be a dating paradise where it's easy to approach or pick up girls?! DUH! IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY FRICKING SENSE! WTF IS ROCK SMOKING?! I SWEAR TO GOD! IS HE DELUSIONAL? HAS HE LOST HIS MARBLES?

Furthermore, the FACT that flirting has a negative connotation in Taiwan, strongly indicates that the culture/mentality is VERY PRUDISH! Therefore, how can a prudish society be a dating paradise?! Again, that doesn't make any fricking sense!

- He also said that Taipei girls were harder to approach than in the rest of Taiwan, contrary to Rock's claim that they were easier to approach. Plus Taipei girls are used to foreigners and see nothing special about them, so the white guy's novelty doesn't give him an upper hand there. Sean said something similar to this. Mark said that the friendliest girls in Taiwan were in the countryside, not in the big cities.

Also, my friend Ann (whom I posted about here: *), a smart sassy 38 year old local Taiwanese woman, who's even met Rock, was quite appalled when I told her that Rock claimed that every girl he dates sleeps with him within 3 - 5 dates.

She said that there's no way a normal decent girl would sleep with a guy within 3 to 5 dates, even if he's good looking like Rock. She said that if his claims are true, then Rock must be sleeping with tramps, whores or desperate women. But NOT normal women.

That's very telling...

She also said that his claim is revolting because it makes Taiwan girls out to be cheap tramps, which they aren't.

Ann and I came up with an idea. She has a friend named Emily in Taipei for Rock to go out with, who may even be his type. We can test him by having him go out with her and seeing if she sleeps with Rock in 3 - 5 dates. Or he can even go out with Ann and see if he can get her to sleep with him in 3 - 5 dates. lol

Likewise, I have many phone numbers of girls in Taipei and Taichung that Rock can call and meet and see if he can get them to sleep with him in 3 - 5 dates. lol

You game for a test Rock? Or are you chicken again and as usual, are ALL TALK AND NO ACTION? LOL

Anyway, Mark and Ann's take on Rock's claims lends a LOT of credibility to my case against his outrageous claims. They both outmatch Rock in experience and knowledge of Taiwan.

Rock's claims are also disproven by basic logic:

1. Since everyone in Taiwan admits that Taiwan girls (under middle age) are very closed to strangers (bao so), that makes it an objective fact. Therefore, Taiwan CANNOT possibly be an easy country to pick up girls in since they are not even open or approachable. Duh.
2. Since flirting is considered bad and creepy in Taiwan (even the word itself is a bad word in Chinese), and Taiwan girls hate flirtation in general, then obviously flirting, approaching or picking up girls in Taiwan is considered inappropriate, according to its culture. Given that, again, there's no way that Taiwan can be a dating paradise where girls are easy to pick up or approach. Not being allowed to flirt is a tremendous handicap and highly indicative of a prudish culture.

This is a no brainer. The only question left is, WTF is Rock smoking?!

Furthermore, Rock's arguments can also be applied to America. For example, he claims that if I go to Taipei, he can take me to places where I can see many couples. So what? I can take you to places in America where you can see lots of couples too. Does that make the USA a dating paradise where women are easy to approach and pick up?! Does that make all my claims about the US dating scene wrong? Does that make Steve Hoca's videos about the horrible dating scene for men untrue?

See what I mean? Showing me many couples in public places isn't evidence of a dating paradise. I can do the same in the US, but it'd prove nothing.