My Experience on PlentyofFish Dating Site

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Winston wrote:Holy cow! Look at this 37 year old Chinese woman on Plenty of Fish! Get outta here! She looks flawless!

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=28335951

There are plenty of foreign women on POF. Why don't you guys use that one too?
But damn, Winston, she is an FW that's in China. Less artificial food, they eat healthier, and yellow stays mellow like black don't crack.
There is a plethora of skin-lightening/facial cosmetics in Asia that cater to women's virtuous standard of beauty.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
leavingusa
Freshman Poster

Post by leavingusa »

She's 37 but pic taken when she was 25.

Edit: Looks airbrushed as well.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:Holy cow! Look at this 37 year old Chinese woman on Plenty of Fish! Get outta here! She looks flawless!

Why do you guys wax lyrical about women whose photos are so patently photoshopped to death. Anybody, and I mean even the ugliest 75 years old woman, can look "flawless" with some amount of Photoshop airbrush, lightning changes etc. I don't think I'm saying anything new here, but professional shots followed by Photoshop sessions are extremely popular in China, the Philippines etc. True, most of those ladies are not mirror-cracking material to start with, but getting excited about a synthetic version of a professional photo is misleading to say the least.

I'm sure there are plenty of 37 years old Asian head-turners around, but I would be very wary to draw my judgment and invest my contact-making efforts based on a photoshopped image like that.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Twobrains wrote:Trust me, as an Englishman with wide experience on POF - the women on that site are not worth swapping the sun and warmth of Arizona for the cold and wet of London. There are many hot women in London, for sure, but they aren't on POF unless there's something wrong with them. Normal, hot women don't need to be on the internet to find a man, I assure you.
Well put Twobrains ;-) I have never been on POF but I wouldn't be surprised if the kind of ladies one could find on such websites are on the same level as those one can easily pull in a local pub.
I have to say though that I heard plenty of stories of cute, or even hot, foreign ladies who have just landed in UK or London, and use those websites to advertise themselves and find a few new friends. I'm also sure that the smartest of that lot know how to turn up to a few parties and let the social chemistry do the rest.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

publicduende wrote:

Why do you guys wax lyrical about women whose photos are so patently photoshopped to death. Anybody, and I mean even the ugliest 75 years old woman, can look "flawless" with some amount of Photoshop airbrush, lightning changes etc. I don't think I'm saying anything new here, but professional shots followed by Photoshop sessions are extremely popular in China, the Philippines etc. True, most of those ladies are not mirror-cracking material to start with, but getting excited about a synthetic version of a professional photo is misleading to say the least.

I'm sure there are plenty of 37 years old Asian head-turners around, but I would be very wary to draw my judgment and invest my contact-making efforts based on a photoshopped image like that.
That's the point of being a male and coming from societies where many males are frustrated one way or other with females.
Why internet and dating sites have favored females?
They just need to put a picture of themselves in a slutty way,abusing the potoshop trick and your average sex starved male from Western land will bend on his knee and lost any realistic thinking.

A picture is just a f***ing picture for f***ing sake.
That mean something but not everything.

Just meet some of these ladies in real life and see what she is worth physically.

I had previously met with few of them who where looking good on the pic but nothing special in real.

As we are a lot more sensitive to visual stimulus that females, we should not forget how a photoshoped picture can do more harm than good and can make us fantasize for nothing.
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

publicdeuende is right on....these are photshop manipulated pics....

30 & 40 year old broads are not flawless in this universe at least.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

The POF forums have been interesting. I don't post there much. I remember before the the big recession chicks felt entitled to literal millionaires. On one of the threads this typical BBW American chick happily listed what she wanted. I tallied up what all that would cost in annual income and it was around 275K. How many guys make 275K? Very few.

In 2006 I commented about this chick borrowing on her house to remodel the kitchen and other stuff. I pointed out she risked being financially ruined for leveraging against her house like that. I mentioned houses were way overpriced. It looked like the housing prices were beginning to roll over and she could get trapped. My post was deleted.
Of coarse most all of the interesting most active treads eventually get deleted.

Amazing stuff

As far as a venue for getting dates, in my opinion a total waste of time. As a window into typical America it is useful.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

tom wrote:The POF forums have been interesting. I don't post there much. I remember before the the big recession chicks felt entitled to literal millionaires. On one of the threads this typical BBW American chick happily listed what she wanted. I tallied up what all that would cost in annual income and it was around 275K. How many guys make 275K? Very few.

In 2006 I commented about this chick borrowing on her house to remodel the kitchen and other stuff. I pointed out she risked being financially ruined for leveraging against her house like that. I mentioned houses were way overpriced. It looked like the housing prices were beginning to roll over and she could get trapped. My post was deleted.
Of coarse most all of the interesting most active treads eventually get deleted.

Amazing stuff

As far as a venue for getting dates, in my opinion a total waste of time. As a window into typical America it is useful.
You know POF I still sort of consider a trash heap but I will admit there is some quality to be found if one looks and women over 25 are like you said becoming vastly more realistic. I am not hearing quotes of "numbers" or types of job (Professional) you should be doing before you bother to contact them. There was one that wants to be a stay at home mom (perish the thought!) and work in Interior Design, I find that an interesting change of pace from what we've been seeing the previous decade.

Sure there are women still looking for the Top 20% of men, but some have become very realistic.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

djfourmoney wrote:
tom wrote:The POF forums have been interesting. I don't post there much. I remember before the the big recession chicks felt entitled to literal millionaires. On one of the threads this typical BBW American chick happily listed what she wanted. I tallied up what all that would cost in annual income and it was around 275K. How many guys make 275K? Very few.

Amazing stuff

You know POF I still sort of consider a trash heap but I will admit there is some quality to be found if one looks and women over 25 are like you said becoming vastly more realistic. I am not hearing quotes of "numbers" or types of job (Professional) you should be doing before you bother to contact them. There was one that wants to be a stay at home mom (perish the thought!) and work in Interior Design, I find that an interesting change of pace from what we've been seeing the previous decade.

Sure there are women still looking for the Top 20% of men, but some have become very realistic.
But if you are looking in Atlanta, LA and NYC, you will be dealing with some wild-ass demands.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

E_Irizarry wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:

Amazing stuff

But if you are looking in Atlanta, LA and NYC, you will be dealing with some wild-ass demands.
That's why I am not contacting any women I have seen on there.

Unemployed (Strike 1)
Live At Home (Strike 2)
No Car (Strike 3)

Why even bother????
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

djfourmoney wrote: That's why I am not contacting any women I have seen on there.

Unemployed (Strike 1)
Live At Home (Strike 2)
No Car (Strike 3)

Why even bother????
LOL strike 2 and above all strike 3 are not such a big deal here. Only about a third of Londoners own a car. The sight of good looking young couples walking out of night bars and clubs hugging and snogging while waiting for the night bus is an iconic sight of London.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

On POF the demands are so far out of whack with reality. There looking for the top 1% and are not willing to offer anything, only unrealistic demands.
I did some correspondence on a Filipino site a few years ago and would usually ask for a phone number so I could have a give and take conversation. Never had any problem getting one.
On POF many are unwilling to do that. Whats the point really if you are unwilling to attempt to get to know someone, kind of a wast of time. In my opinion your feeding a dead horse with POF.
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts14784386.aspx
Rebel_man_UK
Freshman Poster

Post by Rebel_man_UK »

Well I have had success with replies OUTSIDE of the UK. Especially Mexican and Brazilian women. I am a man of colour myself and its amazing how few replies I get from White/Anglo-Saxon women in the UK. If there is a reply they are usually bag ugly or have mental issues. I can verify that much LOL
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I had virtually zero success on POF. Most of the women on there are attention whores who just got bored with facebook. It's a pretty immature website. Although, I recently heard about another guy using it quite well to find loose young girls for f**k meetings. Me, I've had better success with eharmony and match.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

publicduende wrote:
djfourmoney wrote: That's why I am not contacting any women I have seen on there.

Unemployed (Strike 1)
Live At Home (Strike 2)
No Car (Strike 3)

Why even bother????
LOL strike 2 and above all strike 3 are not such a big deal here. Only about a third of Londoners own a car. The sight of good looking young couples walking out of night bars and clubs hugging and snogging while waiting for the night bus is an iconic sight of London.
All of them are an issue here, because (1) is seen as a chronic problem for Black Men. Not a chronic problem for me personally but it is a proven fact its harder for Black Men to get hired. People round file your application or resume based on something as simple as your first/last name, several studies have been done.

(2) Is an issue, related to (1) but not really. Most seem to think you live there by choice (it is my choice) because you can't find a job or the job you have won't support you away from home. The problem is what a person paid is not where near what he needs to live. The basic job that pays $10 an hour which is $2 over the min wage in California is not enough for to you live alone on. If you attempt, you'll have to make a choice. If you don't buy a car (3), then your social options are extremely limited. This might not be the case for first generation immigrants who often have a community in which to socialize in that won't be effected much if you depend on public transportation.

That doesn't mean you still can't date, it just means its MUCH HARDER. As a majority of women will not find you suitable for even a mercy f**k.

I have no illusions of things being different. But the truth is, as you said living in London and not having a car is not seen as out of the ordinary, minimizing the damage. (1) is the most difficult to get around and often people think the worst. If you're Black and "Self Employed" its is assume its a euphemism for being involved in criminal behavior. I can diffuse much of this and I won't toot my own horn, but its only been an issue for one woman because she has visions of being wealthy actually, so that would make sense.

This is away from US sites like POF however, which like I said I consider a serious trash bin. Mostly filled with women in their late 30's and 40's with reduced expectations, widening hips and noticing the world notices them less and less with each passing year...