New Record! 90,000 visitors this month!

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Do you get paid when visitors visit here?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix93 wrote:Do you get paid when visitors visit here?
Yes of course. I get paid for clicks on some ads here, and it also helps my monthly direct advertisers get clicks too, so that they get their money's worth when they advertise on my site. It also increases commissions on my affiliate programs. Traffic is the key to monetizing sites.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Impressive statistics - is the spike in visits when you annoy some AW blogger lol?

I'm surprised there are so many new visitors, clearly there are a lot of pissed off AM searching for meaning in their lives.

Google loves sites with low bounce rates btw, this is the metric to focus on.

Analytics is quite cool. I've rigged it up so I can see how many men, women and ladyboys sign up to my dating site, and where they joined from. Then you can use these segments to generate all kinds of nice reports.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

Hopefully it will get bigger, which it probably will. Off topic but, hey Winston, where did you get your new avatar?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ned Zeppelin wrote:Hopefully it will get bigger, which it probably will. Off topic but, hey Winston, where did you get your new avatar?
From the site of one of my new sponsors.

http://www.foreignladies.com/go/happierabroad

Do a search for China women there and you will see her profile. She looks out of this world!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You know I was just thinking: Assuming that this 80,000 visitors per month here at HA holds steady, then that means each year, nearly a million visitors will have visited this site. And in 3 years, it would be 3 million visitors. At that point, then technically 1 percent of the whole US population will have visited HA, or 1 out of every 100 people in the US. Neat huh? And if the traffic continues to grow, then it may be reached even faster. Awesome huh?

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

The 80,000 would be total visitors, not unique visitors, right? A lot of the 3,000 daily visitors are regular and irregular repeat visitors to the site.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FreeYourMind wrote:The 80,000 would be total visitors, not unique visitors, right? A lot of the 3,000 daily visitors are regular and irregular repeat visitors to the site.
I'm not exactly sure if repeat visitors are counted more than once or not. But I don't think so, because as you can see in the Google Analytics screen shot above, it says UNIQUE VISITORS, so I assume that's what it is for the date range given of the previous 30 days.

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

I am counted as one of your approximately 3,000 unique visitors for today, and I will be counted as one of your 3,000 unique visitors tomorrow when I visit, as repeat visitors are counted as a unique visitor each day they visit for that day. If I come back to the site a second time tomorrow then I will go in the repeat visitor category for that day. Your 3,000 visitors per day consists of regulars, irregulars, and those who visit for the first time and who may or may not ever visit again depending on whether they like the site or not. At least that's my understanding of how unique visitors are tabulated for sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FreeYourMind wrote:I am counted as one of your approximately 3,000 unique visitors for today, and I will be counted as one of your 3,000 unique visitors tomorrow when I visit, as repeat visitors are counted as a unique visitor each day they visit for that day. If I come back to the site a second time tomorrow then I will go in the repeat visitor category for that day. Your 3,000 visitors per day consists of regulars, irregulars, and those who visit for the first time and who may or may not ever visit again depending on whether they like the site or not. At least that's my understanding of how unique visitors are tabulated for sites.
No that's not how it works. You are not double counted if you visit this site on consecutive days.

Here is what the question mark next to "Unique Visitors" on the Google Analytics admin panel shows when you hover your mouse over it:
Unique Visitors is the number of unduplicated (counted only once) visitors to your website over the course of a specified time period.
And on the Google Analytics help menu, it says in regard to this issue:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin ... er=1257084
Visits vs. Visitors

Analytics measures both visits and visitors in your account. Visits represent the number of individual sessions initiated by all the visitors to your site. If a user is inactive on your site for 30 minutes or more, any future activity is attributed to a new session. Users that leave your site and return within 30 minutes are counted as part of the original session.

The initial session by a user during any given date range is considered to be an additional visit and an additional visitor. Any future sessions from the same user during the selected time period are counted as additional visits, but not as additional visitors.
So you see, you are not double counted on consecutive days.

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

I am on your site now, therefore I am counted as a unique visitor for today, the specified time period being counted, which is 24 hours. If I leave the site and come back in a few hours I will not be counted as a unique visitor for today again as I have already been counted. But if I visit again tomorrow I will be counted as a unique visitor for tomorrow also, but if I return a second (or third time) tomorrow, again I will be counted only once as a unique visitor for that day. I will be counted as a unique visitor every day I visit, but only once even if I visit multiple times in one day.

Google is counting all the different people that visit your site in a 24 hour period as the uniques. It then adds up each day's uniques for the month's total. Many of them will be the same people (the regulars). That's why the number doesn't fluctuate much from day to day. The rest are the irregulars and those who find their way here through a search, by accident, whatever. So over a one month period, if I visit the site every day I will make up 30 or 31 of those 80,000 uniques for the month as will you and the others who frequent the site every day.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FreeYourMind wrote:You misunderstood what I wrote. I am on your site now, therefore I am counted as a unique visitor for today, the specified time period being counted, which is 24 hours. If I leave the site and come back in a few hours I will not be counted as a unique visitor for today again as I have already been counted. That's what I was saying. If I visit again tomorrow I will be counted as a unique visitor for tomorrow also, but if I return a second (or third time) tomorrow, again I will be counted only once as a unique visitor for that day. I will be counted as a unique visitor every day I visit, but only once even if I visit multiple times in one day.

Google is counting all the different people that visit your site in a 24 hour period as the uniques. It then adds up each day's uniques for the month's total. Many of them will be the same people (the regulars). That's why the number doesn't fluctuate much from day to day. The rest are the irregulars and those who find their way here through a search, by accident, whatever. So over a one month period, if I visit the site every day I will make up 30 or 31 of those 80,000 uniques for the month as will you and the others who frequent the site every day.
No no no. You didn't really read the quotes above from Google Analytics. It said for the SPECIFIED TIME PERIOD, and in this case, the specified time period is the last 30 days. Did you see the screen shots I posted above? They were for the last 30 consecutive days, not one day. Therefore, each unique visitor, including you, was counted ONLY ONCE, during those 30 days. Re-read the excerpts above quoted from the Google Analytics help section again. They clearly say that you are NOT counted twice on consecutive days for the specified period, which as I explained, is the last 30 days.

Does that make sense now? The above from Google Analytics clearly says that it does NOT count visitors the way you describe.

FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

I disagree with your interpretation of the quotes and the screen shot, based on my own experience with Google Analytics and with how unique visitors are tabulated for site traffic stats.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

FreeYourMind wrote:I disagree with your interpretation of the quotes and the screen shot, based on my own experience with Google Analytics and with how unique visitors are tabulated for site traffic stats.
There is NO different interpretation here. Read what Google Analytics says again. It's pretty simple and straightforward. See the parts in bold. There is no different interpretation here.

"Unique Visitors is the number of unduplicated (counted only once) visitors to your website over the course of a specified time period."

And on the Google Analytics help menu, it says in regard to this issue:

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin ... er=1257084

"Any future sessions from the same user during the selected time period are counted as additional visits, but not as additional visitors."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw all,
I just checked the Google Analytics stats. We are now a hairline away from 90,000 visitors for the past 30 days. So hold your breath... lol