Why is Taiwan so Cold, Closed, Soulless, Uptight, Unsocial, Repressed, Alienating, Fake, Overly Serious?!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

The problem is that Winston thinks that he is HOT PHYSICALLY and ATTRACTIVE in the Taiwanese rating market.

He also believe that his females friends will be HONEST to tell him THE TRUE about how he looks and his desirability in TAIWAN.

I wouldn't even have to wait to ask my females friends to know if i'm hot or not.
I know where i can be considered physically hot or not..it's just common sense.

The cold behavior and defensive mentality of Taiwanese ladies wouldn"t be a problem to understand that i was an ugly dude.

It's not like they would walk around on the street,seeing me but because the pressure of the society,they would repress themselves to interact with me and think:"This guy is so handsome...what a sad thing not being able to have a night with him."

You are deluding yourself to think something your are not in Taiwan, so this is a lot more problematic to find a solution because it twist the reality to fit a fantasy world.

If this Taiwanese website exist,just put your picture of what you are physically to see how really you will be rated by females there.

The basic premise is false..you think you look good physically and that is the barrier structure in Taiwanese society who block females wanting to know more about you.

The second one is real,Taiwan sound like a minor SK or Japan but the first one is totally false.
You still have to climb a more difficult peak than any good looking guy would do.

No solution in Taiwan besides the outcome i pointed at my last message and that doesn't come from somebody who is jealous or dealing a pit bull male fighting contest.
It's just what is and how you are perceived in Taiwan.

They are plenty of handsome dudes there where the good looking one females could choose and you would not be on their radar,that's all.

Somebody doesn't need to be a nuclear scientist to understand that,it's a very simple fact.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Taiwanese girls make me feel worthless, unloved and unwanted

For some reason, I never get any responses from Taiwanese girls on dating sites, no matter whether I send out 50 messages or 100 messages. They make me feel so worthless, unwanted, unloved, undesired, etc. It's terrible and invalidating. I hate it. But on the other hand, I get a lot of responses from girls on dating sites from China, Thailand and Philippines. They make me feel like a real man - desired, wanted, valued, appreciated, etc.

Why the big difference? What is the problem? Who is the problem? Is it me or the sterile environment of Taiwan and the overly picky spoiled girls who are cold and stuck up?

If the problem is me, then how come girls in many other countries treat me so much better, are more warm and open, and more enthusiastic and appreciative toward me? Why do I feel so much more valuable to foreign girls? They make me FEEL so much better about myself. How can I feel like a totally different person to women from different cultures? The difference is staggering. It's like I'm two different people - a worthless guy in Taiwan, and a valued desired guy in many other countries.

It's really weird how location changes everything and makes all the difference.

Before anyone attacks me, let me ask you this: If you were me, would you prefer to feel wanted, desired and valuable? Or unwanted, undesired and worthless? Which one?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
PaulB
Freshman Poster

Post by PaulB »

Winston, it's not the location. It's you.

Wake up. You've got this awesome community with members giving you advice but you ignore all of it. Stop blaming others and external factors for your failures, and start improving yourself. Get on a real diet, lose some weight, and do something about your look, and I guarantee you will see results.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

PaulB wrote:Winston, it's not the location. It's you.

Wake up. You've got this awesome community with members giving you advice but you ignore all of it. Stop blaming others and external factors for your failures, and start improving yourself. Get on a real diet, lose some weight, and do something about your look, and I guarantee you will see results.
If it's me, then how come girls in other countries treat me so much better? How come I feel so much more valued and appreciated? You didn't consider that you victim blaming dumbass.

I was skinny when I was 17 and spent a year in Taiwan. Back then girls were cold to strangers and made no eye contact either.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Dogboy86
Freshman Poster

Post by Dogboy86 »

Winston, conduct a critical thinking exercise. Why are you in Taiwan? Are you there to build your bankroll or go after girls. If you are being successful at saving money staying with your parents and this was your plan you are a success in Taiwan. The girls have never been your forte in Taiwan, since I have started reading this forum they have been a stumbling block for you. Stop beating your head into the wall there with women and count your success...
"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"!!!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

POST OF THE CENTURY!
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Winston wrote:

If it's me, then how come girls in other countries treat me so much better? How come I feel so much more valued and appreciated? You didn't consider that you victim blaming dumbass.

I was skinny when I was 17 and spent a year in Taiwan. Back then girls were cold to strangers and made no eye contact either.
^^^I am reporting this personal attack/insult to Winston, oh wait...
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Dogboy86 wrote:Winston, conduct a critical thinking exercise. Why are you in Taiwan? Are you there to build your bankroll or go after girls. If you are being successful at saving money staying with your parents and this was your plan you are a success in Taiwan. The girls have never been your forte in Taiwan, since I have started reading this forum they have been a stumbling block for you. Stop beating your head into the wall there with women and count your success...
Winston needs to go to Thailand and China and stop worrying about Taiwanese ladyboys, I mean women :lol:
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:Taiwanese girls make me feel worthless, unloved and unwanted

For some reason, I never get any responses from Taiwanese girls on dating sites, no matter whether I send out 50 messages or 100 messages. They make me feel so worthless, unwanted, unloved, undesired, etc. It's terrible and invalidating. I hate it. But on the other hand, I get a lot of responses from girls on dating sites from China, Thailand and Philippines. They make me feel like a real man - desired, wanted, valued, appreciated, etc.

Why the big difference? What is the problem? Who is the problem? Is it me or the sterile environment of Taiwan and the overly picky spoiled girls who are cold and stuck up?

If the problem is me, then how come girls in many other countries treat me so much better, are more warm and open, and more enthusiastic and appreciative toward me? Why do I feel so much more valuable to foreign girls? They make me FEEL so much better about myself. How can I feel like a totally different person to women from different cultures? The difference is staggering. It's like I'm two different people - a worthless guy in Taiwan, and a valued desired guy in many other countries.

It's really weird how location changes everything and makes all the difference.

Before anyone attacks me, let me ask you this: If you were me, would you prefer to feel wanted, desired and valuable? Or unwanted, undesired and worthless? Which one?
Winston, you know the answer to your question! When you live in ANY developed first world country, the women will be difficult to meet. Even tho you had a love/hate relationship with The Philippines, you have to admit that women are approachable!!! Moving anywhere else will be a letdown.

You'll have to determine what is more important to you. You can stay in Taiwan and pay zero rent/get no attention or find a cool inexpensive town (like Davao), move back to Phils and get back into the game! But you have to be aware that NO place is perfect. Each has it's ups and downs. You have to make your own hapiness!!!! That said, I'd much rather live with a pretty girl on my arm :) Sounds like it's time for you to take a trip or two....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix93 wrote:
Winston wrote:

^^^I am reporting this personal attack/insult to Winston, oh wait...
LOL good one Phoenix.

Just to state for the record though, one insult or name calling does not result in a strike or violation, since those things are natural and normal. It's when it gets excessive and out of hand, that it results in a strike or warning.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

First of all, eye contact does not exist in almost any Asian country (except The Philippines). Most of Asia is highly populated.

Secondly, Taiwan is actually one of the friendlier countries in Asia. I couldn't believe how nice people are there. I struck up conversations with strangers and got positive responses most of the time (and i'm of asian descent, too). People are MUCH MORE unfriendly to strangers in mainland China.

Korea and Japan are similar, but they have more interesting youth cultures, so i think that it is easier to make friends in those countries. I hardly saw any real youth culture in Taiwan. Only in one neighborhood in Taipei did i see anything resembling any type of "alternative" culture.

Try Dulan near Taitung on the SE coast. It's really friendly in that area. Plus you can meet people from all over there. I had a great time there and it's really beautiful there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

celery2010 wrote:First of all, eye contact does not exist in almost any Asian country (except The Philippines). Most of Asia is highly populated.

Secondly, Taiwan is actually one of the friendlier countries in Asia. I couldn't believe how nice people are there. I struck up conversations with strangers and got positive responses most of the time (and i'm of asian descent, too). People are MUCH MORE unfriendly to strangers in mainland China.

Korea and Japan are similar, but they have more interesting youth cultures, so i think that it is easier to make friends in those countries. I hardly saw any real youth culture in Taiwan. Only in one neighborhood in Taipei did i see anything resembling any type of "alternative" culture.

Try Dulan near Taitung on the SE coast. It's really friendly in that area. Plus you can meet people from all over there. I had a great time there and it's really beautiful there.
Then let's try this. Come here. I'll pick you up and take you to a night market where you can see HUNDREDS of attractive girls with white sexy legs. See if you can approach them cold and flirt with them or get any dates or make any friends with them. No one else can do it. Can you? Can you breach their cold wall? No one seems to be able to. Cold approach/flirting here is totally abnormal and creepy, doesn't fit the flow at all. Even good looking guys don't do it. Can you?

Otherwise, what's the point of being in Taiwan if you can flirt with hot girls or touch them or feel their hot sexy legs? It's very depriving and boring. If you try to pay for sex, it's hard to find any decent looking girls. None of the hundreds of sexy girls at the night market are available for p4p. Only hags are. Plus p4p is creepy in Taiwan cause you got to walk into isolated buildings with dark tinted windows. How many guys have the guts to talk into an isolated building with dark tinted windows, where anything could be behind there.

Anyone can start a nice platonic conversation with a girl. Even an Indian guy can. But if hot girls won't stop when you say "Excuse me" on the street, let you rub their hot legs, let you flirt with them, blush and giggle, etc. (like Russian women do) then what's the point? I don't get it. Even our Taiwan experts like Rock have no solution to this dilemma. So how can you?

If you were here, would you be able to meet this challenge? So far everyone else has failed. Rock was able to get some girls to talk to him, cause he's white and soft looking. But even he can't approach a hot girl in public, flirt with her, get her number and then get dates, like I did in Russia, even if there are hundreds of hot girls around.

Deep down the other guys on this forum know they can't do any better either. Talk is cheap. The fact that no one can hit on hot girls and flirt with them, speaks volumes.

The cold wall here is VERY real. Anyone who denies it is lying. Anyone can come here and experience the cold wall around girls. I have video proof of it.

Taiwan is like a candy store where you can't touch any of the candy, buy it, stare at it, or have desires for it. It's all temptation with no ability to satisfy it. Totally cruel and torturous.

Why does everyone talk and BS but no one shows any action or proof? Is everyone lying except me? Or does everyone simply have low standards?

If I'm wrong about Taiwan, then why can't anyone come here and prove it?! I'll pay them to, but no one will! What is wrong with them? Why is everyone so CHICKENSHIT?!?!?!?!? What I'm proposing is a very simple test: Come here to the local nightmarket where there are hundreds of good looking girls, and try to approach them. That's all I'm asking. Why won't anyone do it? The fact that no one can speaks volumes and cuts through all the horse shit of the "Taiwan is so friendly" talk.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Winston, you're in east asia, you wouldn't approach random people in the street without an angle. It's the same in NYC, London, Japan, Korea and China. People would think that you're trying to sell them something.

You need to find a situation that is a logical opener, like asking for help, asking for an opinion, etc. Or someone already in a store/cafe, bar or a more isolated situation, like late at night in Ximending, or in a smaller city.

More realistically, you need to meet people the way most people do, by activities, through friends, through work, while traveling, etc.

2 questions/tips:

1. Do you speak Mandarin well? This makes a BIG difference. And how well do you integrate into Asian culture? It doesn't seem like your personality meshs well with asian culture.

2. Find a way to meet/get introduced to women. The easiest way to do this honestly is to teach English. You'll have tons of students, co-teachers, etc. And it will be easy to meet them. Another way may be to take classes, like Mandarin classes- again there will be women in your classes.

3. Have you tried meeting other Taiwanese-Americans? They may know other people and get you more socially integrated. You don't sound very active or social in Taiwan. Try other methods of meeting more people besides dating sites.

If you're social, you'll meet more people. And the more people you meet, the more women you meet. Which equals more opportunities to meet women.

I also prepared a post that i was going to add to your dress/style thread, but i'll add it here for you benefit too.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

PS the problem is not that people don't make eye contact, or are closed to public approaches- it's that you have explored the other avenues for meeting people/women in Taiwan.

How many people do you know in Taiwan?