How will Obamacare affect American expats?

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

How will Obamacare affect American expats?

Post by zboy1 »

Supreme Court upholds Obamacare

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNQvKtj ... ure=relmfu[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Jtg1vi ... ture=g-u-u[/youtube]

What are your thought on this ruling? Personally, I don't think Obamacare is a very good law. I'm now going to be forced to buy insurance and fined if I don't have health insurance. I've been unemployed for two years and can't find a job to save my life; I'm now concentrating on teaching overseas, but how will Obamacare effect me if I'm living overseas? What about the taxes I'll have to pay--even when I'm out of the country?

Will I be forced to buy insurance even when I'm out of the country? What about the taxes I'll have to pay as a result of Obamacare? This will only increase the cost of healthcare for the average American. This is why I support the government getting out of the healthcare sector all together--just like in the cosmetic surgery sector where costs have gone down significantly since the free market works without government intervention. And if Obama really wanted socialized healthcare, why couldn't he just go with a single-payer system found in every other advanced country, instead of this bull-crap Obamacare?

And can you believe the so called 'conservative judge,' John Roberts voted in favor of Obamacare? WTF!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

USSA is now officially f***ed (again)

now besides taxes...you be be forced to buy all kinds of shit the govt is selling at whatever price they choose once they destroy the competition.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare

Post by jamesbond »

zboy1 wrote:Will I be forced to buy insurance even when I'm out of the country? What about the taxes I'll have to pay as a result of Obamacare? This will only increase the cost of healthcare for the average American. This is why I support the government getting out of the healthcare sector all together--just like in the cosmetic surgery sector where costs have gone down significantly since the free market works without government intervention. And if Obama really wanted socialized healthcare, why couldn't he just go with a single-payer system found in every other advanced country, instead of this bull-crap Obamacare?

And can you believe the so called 'conservative judge,' John Roberts voted in favor of Obamacare? WTF!
Can't believe it and to think Chief Justice John Roberts was the deciding vote in FAVOR of Obamacare is unbelievable! :shock:

Under Obamacare, a middle class family of four will pay $ 2,200 a year of additional taxes starting in 2014. This healthcare law hurts poor people and middle class people the most.

Hopefully it will be overturned next year, IF we elect a new President and get a republican majority in the senate.

Under this new healthcare law, if you don't have health insurance you will be FORCED to buy it or pay a fine. What about people who are unemployed and have no money to buy health insurance or have no money to pay the fine? Or how about people who are young and in perfect health and just don't need any health insurance?

This is the federal government sticking it's big nose in other people's business and forcing them to purchase health insurance. What else can the government force people to buy in the future?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Oh come on guys...can't you recognise a pantomime when you see one?

You can not be FORCED to buy guvment healthcare.....but I guess you men like to remain ignorant....good luck with your futures in your ignorance.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

jamesbond wrote:
What else can the government force people to buy in the future?
The guvment is already forcing you to pay for the cost of your own slavery...is that not enough?
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

Middle-class Americans might do well to renounce their citizenship and become illegals. It will be a much better life for them if they want to stay stateside, now that this fiasco has passed. Of course, they all might want to consider being "Happier Abroad," before Slowbama and his band of Australopithecenes steal all their money, land etc. Winston, you can expect a lot more traffic on these forums now that this has gone through. :roll: :roll:
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
Ned Zeppelin
Freshman Poster

Post by Ned Zeppelin »

To me, this is not that much different than ss/medicare so, in my opinion, we were f***ed in 1935 and 30 years later in 1965, they anal f***ed the American people. This kind of thing has been going on for decades.
AmericanInMexico
Freshman Poster

Post by AmericanInMexico »

Obamacare is one of, but not the only reason why I have seriously considered trying to obtain Mexican citizenship. That and also because I do not want my kids to grow up in the United States, especially the girls. I don't want a bunch of selfish man-hating daughters, and that is what I will get if I raise girls in the United States. Hopefully when me and my fiancee get married, I will be able to use that to apply for permanent residency and eventually citizenship in Mexico.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

AmericanInMexico wrote:Obamacare is one of, but not the only reason why I have seriously considered trying to obtain Mexican citizenship. That and also because I do not want my kids to grow up in the United States, especially the girls. I don't want a bunch of selfish man-hating daughters, and that is what I will get if I raise girls in the United States. Hopefully when me and my fiancee get married, I will be able to use that to apply for permanent residency and eventually citizenship in Mexico.
A slave of the US Guvment or a slave of the mexican guvment....you are still choosing to be a slave.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So is Obamacare going to be implemented for sure? What will the cost be for every American?

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:So is Obamacare going to be implemented for sure? What will the cost be for every American?

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad?
I believe that Americans with foreign residency are exempt- but I am checking the source on that. Now that it is a done deal, Obama re-elected and by 2014 you must supply all your medical ID info to the IRS, the chains will tighten. I am not going to comply, and will be establishing another residency other than the Philippines that will lead to non-US citizenship at which time I will renounce my US citizenship.
I am not going to be Obama's bitch (Or Romney's either.)

Outwest
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OutWest wrote:
Winston wrote:So is Obamacare going to be implemented for sure? What will the cost be for every American?

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad?
I believe that Americans with foreign residency are exempt- but I am checking the source on that. Now that it is a done deal, Obama re-elected and by 2014 you must supply all your medical ID info to the IRS, the chains will tighten. I am not going to comply, and will be establishing another residency other than the Philippines that will lead to non-US citizenship at which time I will renounce my US citizenship.
I am not going to be Obama's bitch (Or Romney's either.)

Outwest
+10
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:Winston your a dual citizen, you don't owe the USA jack $hit.
He owes everything you and I do. You duals should just GTFO, live in a third country, get established there, then renounce.

No more tax filings, no more rules. Life is short - enjoy it.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 25th, 2013, 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.