Okinawan women better than mainland Japanese women?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
One2Many
Freshman Poster

Okinawan women better than mainland Japanese women?

Post by One2Many »

I read somewhere that there's a U.S. base in Okinawa and the American culture is accepted more there than in mainland Japan. I was just wondering if the women from Okinawa are more open date non-Japanese men (i.e Americans, British, Australians, Canadians etc)?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

If your in the Navy/Air Force.... maybe...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 20th, 2013, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stillcode
Freshman Poster

Post by stillcode »

It's quite possible. However, the American military presence in Okinawa is generally seen in a bad light. In addition, there have been US military personnel who have raped native Okinawan women before, so there is still quite the stigma. An Okinawan woman might be open to dating a military man from the US army, but I doubt that you'll find support from her family if you want to have a lasting relationship.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've found Chinese women to be better than Japanese women, regardless of where they come from.

Oh, and I had a bad experience in an Okinawan restaurant in Tokyo. LOL.

A few Japanese women are looking for foreign husbands, but it's often because they can't find a Japanese husband. Japanese women don't generally like living away from the motherland either.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Okinawan women better than mainland Japanese women?

Post by Jester »

One2Many wrote:I read somewhere that there's a U.S. base in Okinawa and the American culture is accepted more there than in mainland Japan. I was just wondering if the women from Okinawa are more open date non-Japanese men (i.e Americans, British, Australians, Canadians etc)?
They say tha Okinawa is a good place if you want to meet local girls in bars that cater to servicemen.

I have heard that the other end of Japan, the northern island of Hokkaido, is an easygoing and friendly place for outsiders, compared to mainland Japan. That would be my choice.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I was in Okinawa when I was 17. It was a nice area, but the people were very cold. No eye contact. I felt like I didn't exist there. The only people who would talk to me were little kids in the playground.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Xiongmao,
Please expand on that, in what way are Chinese women better than J women?

Very much appreciated!

Cheers.:)
xiongmao wrote:I've found Chinese women to be better than Japanese women, regardless of where they come from.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

xiongmao wrote:I've found Chinese women to be better than Japanese women, regardless of where they come from.

A few Japanese women are looking for foreign husbands, but it's often because they can't find a Japanese husband. Japanese women don't generally like living away from the motherland either.
This is about the closest thing to the truth.

Not sure why Chinese women would be better. Other than some people (several economist) say China has a capitalist system run by a dictatorship and actually do Capitalism better than ourselves... Maybe that makes Chinese women better for Western men?

Japan is by and large a closed society, anybody that studies Japanese society would tell you this. That said, there are Japanese women that want something different than what they experience every day. Not sure why that's strange or its "Women Japanese men don't want" that's just an easy way to dismiss them and its the same passive-aggressive tactic some men use when other races are involved in dating women not of their own race.

There's an episode of House Hunters: International where a Black Man from Michigan and his girl is Japanese and much shorter than him. There is also the Junebug Obama interview with the writer of "Black Passenger, Yellow Cap" by Stefhen Bryan -

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jacaré wrote:Xiongmao,
Please expand on that, in what way are Chinese women better than J women?

Very much appreciated!

Cheers.:)

Read my post, Japan is a closed society more or less. What I mean by that, is that multi-racial marriages are not held in wide esteem in Japan and its not the type of society where people make it a habit of stepping outside the lines.

Does that mean there no Japanese women married to Westerners? Far from it.

China is a much more open society, Korean men with money go into China to find wives, not unusual.