Foreigner in Angeles City murdered and chopped up!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Foreigner in Angeles City murdered and chopped up!

Post by Winston »

Take a look at this gruesome story! I was shocked by this news. Also mentioned are various other murders and robberies in the area of Angeles City. I've never seen anything bad happen here, so it must be rare, but happens.

And I thought this was a safe place!

http://www.margarita-station.com/newsletters/jun08/
Last edited by Winston on August 7th, 2008, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
outcastsuperstar
Freshman Poster

Post by outcastsuperstar »

Thats very gruesome but when clicking on the link I found a cool image.

Who says you have to die alone? :D

Image[/img]
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, going back to percentages-if it is any consolation to the chopped up man, the Philippines still has a lower per capita murder rate than the US

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_co ... urder_rate

Old man with a young Pinay? Well, this is obviously a bar girl-nothing wrong with that and he is obviously supporting her and her family; and also, learn a new Tagalog term- apat na em (the four 'm's) MMMM. Matanda, mayaman, madaling mamatay.Lit. Old Rich Soon Die.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,
Well it was at a party and fundraiser, so it could have just been an old guy taking pictures with a girl there for fun. Not necessarily in a relationship.

Did you read the newsletter? Apparently, this guy who withdrew 190,000 pesos from a bank was gunned down when he drove through a neighborhood too. How did they knew he had all that cash I wonder. You'd think that you'd be safe in a car. But of course, I never carry around that much cash, nor do I even have it. lol

Check out this other picture from that newsletter. It's a more common one.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's some wild door girls featured in that newsletter too. I recognize some of them.

Nate
Freshman Poster

Angeles City and metro manila

Post by Nate »

Winston and all,

First off I think most of metro Manila is a shit-hole...and I quote-
"Ray wasn't seriously injured and he's already back to warming bar stools in his clubs." In that circuit in general there are 100 reason someone you know might want you dead...or 100 reasons that someone you do not know might want you dead.
Most of the so called expats living in the PHilippines, especially places like Angeles city and the heavily "clubbed" areas around Manila are walking cliches, as Paul Simon sang...Cartoons in a cartoon graveyard...

Men living straight and clean out in the provinces are most likely in a different reality anyway, especially those who are in the Philippines for reasons other than sex tourism.

Nate
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Foreigner in Angeles City murdered and chopped up!

Post by ladislav »

Even people who live clean and straight lives are targets. It is not like these crimes are a heavenly punishment for being a sex tourist. You occasionally read stories about Peace Corps volunteers murdered in cold blood,investors killed, one guy who was helping the poor in Bohol was killed because allegedly someone got jealous that the locals thought he was so popular. Yeah, it is a 'bit' safer in the provinces but not always. You never know when someone can just go wacky for no reason as people there can be very unreasonable and unpredictable. In big cities in general,with huge crowds of poor people it is percentage-wise more dangerous plus people have no land to fall back on, so crime is worse.
Still the US murder rate is higher, and Russia's is even higher almost twofold than that of the US. I have lived in rough NY neighborhoods where killings were a daily thing.I have also lived in some grimy industrial Russian towns for years where there was a lot of violence. Wa-y more than in the Philippines.I have also lived in bad neighborhoods in Puerto Rico. Again , extremely high murder rate. Whether you are a sex tourist or not.
The Philippines is not so bad. Just gotta be careful.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Malay Catholic Filipinos are overall less violent than the Russians and Puerto Ricans.So you will see the Philippines as relatively dangerous or relatively safe depending on your point of reference.

None of the above is any consolation to the deceased but you just need to have the sixth sense developed to protect yourself from crime.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

All I have to say about this story is: the biggest risk is never taking one. 8)
Nate
Freshman Poster

Keep Manila

Post by Nate »

Well if any of you like Manila and find it "as safe as the provinces" or anything like that, you must not have spent much time in the provinces. There is no comparison between Cagayan De Oro and Metro Manila...even Cebu has some "manila problems". I am not talking about BS social theory, I am talking about one's daily experience. There is nothing in Manila I want. I find it a real pit, as in shit hole, and at least some cities like Cagayan de Oro or Davao have some real claims to livability. The air quality alone in Manila is bad enough to cross it off my list, let alone all the other crap.

There are plenty who will like the Angeles city night life and whatever, please be my guest...all those girls need the work! Besides that, most of the time, expats are of such quality that they hardly improve the local scene outside of manila anyway.
Besides, the forum is entertaining at a distance anyway...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Keep Manila

Post by ladislav »

Nate wrote:
There are plenty who will like the Angeles city night life and whatever, please be my guest...all those girls need the work! Besides that, most of the time, expats are of such quality that they hardly improve the local scene outside of manila anyway.
Hey, whatever jerks one's chain. Des gustibus non est disputandum.Those places are liveable in some ways but I find them too provincial for my taste. Many people cannot speak Tagalog and one needs to learn Visaya and it is basically just Visayan culture with some not so friendly Muslim residents- there is not such a big melting pot of different ethnic grops as in Manila plus, it is hard to have a decent conversation with most people there. They are just generally too rural and peasanty. Not said as a snob but it is really true.

Anonymity is also out of the question as you stick out like sore thumb and everyone is watching you whereas in Manila you are lost amongst millions of strangers and no one cares about what you do, who your girlfriend is, when you are getting married, etc.

I guess shuttling back and fourth is the answer.
cutehumor
Freshman Poster

Post by cutehumor »

I would think if your a white guy, you better watch your ass. Since it's pretty obvious the white guys are there banging their women. I don't think winston should have any problems being an Asian guy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

cutehumor wrote:I would think if your a white guy, you better watch your ass. Since it's pretty obvious the white guys are there banging their women. I don't think winston should have any problems being an Asian guy.
W: Probably true. I don't get the dirty stares from Filipinos when I'm with a Filipina as the white guys claim they get. I've been out with Dianne hundreds of times for instance, and people only smile at us when they see us, or they gawk at her up and down. But never any dirty stares.

And I also get ripped off less often than white foreigners do. I mean, it still happens to me, but less in comparison.

So I guess being asian does have advantages in certain places.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav's signature quote wrote:
"Those who think that money cannot buy love simply do not have enough money".
W: I beg to differ on that one. In my experience, money can only buy COMPLIANCE from women, not true love. I've never seen a true romeo and juliet type of love that was bought by money. In fact, I've seen guys with money rejected or eventually dumped by women after they've had their fun and didn't feel that it was "right".

Dianne recently told me that when she was working at the bar for a week, some of the wealthy customers at the bar made big promises and offers to her. They used the same approach as my former friend Stefan, in that they tried to buy her love with promises to take care of all her financial problems and obligations so that she could be trouble free in terms of money. But Dianne didn't feel right about it, so she respectfully declined. She said some rich Filipino guys have made the same offers to her in the past, but she declined too.

What most guys don't get and never talk about is that probably the most important factor is how you make the woman FEEL. That's really the bottom line, and all the girls I talked to agree with that. Money can add or take away from it, but it's not the bottom line in love affairs. All the girls I talked to agree. But most guys here only see money and power and women's submission to it. They never talk about connection, chemistry, bond, soul mates, or how they make the girl FEEL. Why is that? Am I the only guy that's not shallow or one dimensional?

Of course, when I bring this up to guys, they rationalize it away by saying that the girls just say that to save face and not look like sluts. But that's just rationalizing. What I say makes sense and rings true in my experience, so I don't see any "rationalizing".

Thus, I believe that I am right, and most girls would agree.

So then again, why am I different from other guys?

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Nate wrote:Well if any of you like Manila and find it "as safe as the provinces" or anything like that, you must not have spent much time in the provinces. There is no comparison between Cagayan De Oro and Metro Manila...even Cebu has some "manila problems". I am not talking about BS social theory, I am talking about one's daily experience. There is nothing in Manila I want. I find it a real pit, as in shit hole, and at least some cities like Cagayan de Oro or Davao have some real claims to livability. The air quality alone in Manila is bad enough to cross it off my list, let alone all the other crap.

Davao City is even safer than those aforementioned RP cities. Rodrigo Duterte doesn't play that looting-drive-by shit; he has a death squad for that. All jokes aside.
WWu777 wrote:W: Probably true. I don't get the dirty stares from Filipinos when I'm with a Filipina as the white guys claim they get. I've been out with Dianne hundreds of times for instance, and people only smile at us when they see us, or they gawk at her up and down. But never any dirty stares.

And I also get ripped off less often than white foreigners do. I mean, it still happens to me, but less in comparison.

So I guess being asian does have advantages in certain places.
Whenever I am with a Filipina, I get snickers and snarls of "celos" (ie. jealousy), but nobody dares confront me. They are more in awe/surprise that they see a guy of my height with swagger because they are used to seeing African and Black American guys with potbellies and lack of swagger.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!