What will happen when America faces economic meltdown?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Evergreen
Freshman Poster

What will happen when America faces economic meltdown?

Post by Evergreen »

Will Russia and Ukraine suffer? There's been lots of talk of America will face an economic meltdown once the massive subprime mortgage problem fully develop sometime say 2009. Will it be back to 1998 to 1999 again?Anyone watch the movie, 2 Brothers and a Bride(aka, A Foreign Affair)? I hope it would as Eastern European women becomes more appreciated to any man let alone a Western man like me.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What will happen when America faces economic meltdown?

Post by ladislav »

Evergreen wrote:Will Russia and Ukraine suffer? There's been lots of talk of America will face an economic meltdown once the massive subprime mortgage problem fully develop sometime say 2009. Will it be back to 1998 to 1999 again?Anyone watch the movie, 2 Brothers and a Bride(aka, A Foreign Affair)? I hope it would as Eastern European women becomes more appreciated to any man let alone a Western man like me.
Russia is an OPEC member. What would it suffer? Is Saudi Arabia suffering as the US economy is melting?
Ukraine is moving closer to the EU and the Euro rules there more than the dollar. Germany is one of the main trading partner.

I do not think those countries have a strong enough connection to the US to be really and truly affected by the meltdown.

The only ways those two states will suffer is that there will be fewer American men going there for wives as they will no longer be able to afford it. Instead the local girls will have to put up with flippant Italian playboys and drunk Germans with enormous beer bellies throwing their Euros around.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

The question is mostly cultural. During the Great Depression in the 30's, most people lived in or around farms. People were also more cohesive. Thus, during the Depression, crime was not rampant because people respected themselves and others.

That being said, Americans today can not farm and will resort to violence at the drop of a hat. When the crash arrives for real, America will descend into a Dante's Inferno madhouse or rape gangs, murder, and wholesale death. Imagine the Hurricane Katrina disaster spread all over America but going on for 5 years. And that's just the beginning!

Also, Ukraine and Russia have already passed through the fire. They have strong families and they all know what its like to live a hard life. Even in the event of a global economic collapse Russia and Ukraine will simply shrug and go back into the same mode they were in after 1991 and the fall of Communism.

America has no idea what its like to have no food and no job. And they will respond to the coming storm very poorly.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

To be honest, I dont think itll e exclusively black on white crime. Whites are perfectly willing to slaughter each other got immediate personal gain. Just look at all the cops.

But I will agree that whites will be the first target of black and latino gangs, along with asians.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I am currently inn the process of stocking up on food items, such as Oatmeal and Rice. Did you know rice can last for 30 years if stored properly? Of course, Marshall law allows the government to confiscate food, so an underground and well hidden storage bunker is needed. It also wouldn't be a bad time to stock up on ammunition now. Because in the future, it will certainly not be allowed to be sold. And if you don't have a gun, get one or two of them while you still can. Not necessarily to use against people, but for hunting purposes, and also to use against people, if need be. Go to a gun show and buy a used one from someone there so there will be no record of you possessing it. And ammo can be bought all day long, even at Wal-Mart, and there is no record. And pay with cash. I have read the Marshall law signed into effect by George W. Smirk, and can see just what they have in mind, for those of you who think this is "paranoia".
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

It depends on the type of rice. Brown rice w/bran will spoil faster and can only last 3-6 months. Medium and short-grain rice may last couple of years if stored properly. Long-grained white rice, stored in a cool, dry, dark place (closed/sealed container) can last for years to possibly decades or longer. Dried beans stored under similar conditions can last 1-2 years.

If you're looking to store survival rations, consider Mountain House #10 cans, the can last 30 years. At minimum, water-tight sealed containers (think about floods).

Good info to read:
http://www.fcs.uga.edu/pubs/current/FDNS-E-34-1.html
(please note: the "may be stored indefinitely" section actually means 2-3 years)

I keep a few firearms, including muzzle loaders which aren't classified as rifle-firearm by the government.

==============

I'm not suggesting that people become hardcore survivalists, but you should at least be prepared. Law and order can break down very quickly in riots and natural disaster situations. i.e. LA Riots, Hurricane Katrina, etc. Distribution of food, supplies, and medicine will be disrupted and all the conveniences of modern life (gas, water, electric, flush toilet, transportation) suspended. Spending a little money on survival equipment will help you get by the initial few days.

p.s. If you accidentally drop your cel phone or ipod in water, try powering it off and put it in a box & cover with dried, uncooked rice for 1-2 days. If you can open the case and remove battery, it'd work even better (put battery in the box of rice too).
Last edited by momopi on September 25th, 2008, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jtest28 wrote:I am currently inn the process of stocking up on food items, such as Oatmeal and Rice. Did you know rice can last for 30 years if stored properly? Of course, Marshall law allows the government to confiscate food, so an underground and well hidden storage bunker is needed. It also wouldn't be a bad time to stock up on ammunition now. Because in the future, it will certainly not be allowed to be sold. And if you don't have a gun, get one or two of them while you still can. Not necessarily to use against people, but for hunting purposes, and also to use against people, if need be. Go to a gun show and buy a used one from someone there so there will be no record of you possessing it. And ammo can be bought all day long, even at Wal-Mart, and there is no record. And pay with cash. I have read the Marshall law signed into effect by George W. Smirk, and can see just what they have in mind, for those of you who think this is "paranoia".
W: Why don't you just save all the trouble and go abroad? lol

Do you all think there's any truth to the New World Order conspiracy theories? They used to sound wacky, but now that they seem to be right, and the government keeps trying to take away people's freedoms little by little, could they be right?

Would any of this shit be happening right now, if Ralph Nader didn't run for President and allowed Al Gore to win?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I get my food from efoodsdirect.com because it includes dehydrated long term storage, wheat grass seed, and the prices are not too bad.

I have a berkey water purification system with the post filters, so I can pretty much dip into any puddle if need be.

I will be picking up another 1 year supply in a few weeks, and add it to my current 6 month supply.

The 12 gauge shotty with 120 rounds stands at the ready.