Guess who's in China now

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Guess who's in China now

Post by Falcon »

Well, guess what?

Since Winston still hasn't gone to China, I just did it for him. :P (Winston, check my IP: it's Chinanet Yunnan.)

I am having the time of my life in Kunming, Yunnan province, China right now. People here are incredibly friendly and fun. Both the men and women here are nothing like US-raised Asians. I'm hopping around both the cities and the countryside, which is mostly populated by ethnic minorities. Guizhou, Yunnan, Guangxi, Guangdong - it's all fun fun fun.

As I am completely fluent in Putonghua/Mandarin, I am perceived as a "waishengren" (guy from another province) at most.

Here, young women my age are just as friendly as the middle-aged moms! :shock:

China is like Mexico in many ways, while there are major differences as well. Cheap food and cheap taxis everywhere.

And southwestern Chinese food is spiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicy! :twisted:

Not much time to be arguing about trivial things, complaining about US women, or reading/writing threads, since I am busy hitting the road everyday!
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Very nice to see you're in Yunnan Falcon. How long will you be there for? Are you earning any passive income to fund all this traveling?

You should spend some time visiting both Dali and Lijiang.

As I was telling Winston, Chinese girls in China are the friendliest Chinese girls in the world. There's this instant familiarity among strangers so talking to strangers isn't awkward like it is elsewhere. And this is a huge bonus when you're surrounded by beautiful women like in China.

Good to see that your Mandarin is holding up well over there, that's essential to really get to know the local people.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Re: Guess who's in China now

Post by pete98146 »

Congrats! I have the utmost respect for those that get off the couch and travel. You can sit on your ass all day long trapped in deep thought or you go buy a ticket and experience life in person. Bravo to you.

If I were to visit China, Kunming would be tops on my list because I'm sure it has the SE Asian influence. Please give us a full trip report along with some pictures!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice! Have you been to Guangzhou? I've done more crazy stuff there than anywhere else on the planet.

I'd be interested if you go to Chengdu. I'm making plans to go live in China a while, and I'm not sure whether to go to the Guangzhou that I know and love, or annoy the stunning Sichuan girls in Chengdu.

I found Guangdong to be quite welcoming of ethnic minorities. The Xinjiang street food is tremendously popular there, whereas in Shanghai nobody seemed interested in it at all.

Anyway, I must get off my ass and go to China! Actually things are progressing, and I'm pretty sure I'll be there by the end of the year :)
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

pete98146,

Not to be a party pooper. I think the biggest reason why guys don't travel is income and maybe time. I mean if you work for a company they sometimes only give you 2 week vacation per year .
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

chanta76 wrote:pete98146,

Not to be a party pooper. I think the biggest reason why guys don't travel is income and maybe time. I mean if you work for a company they sometimes only give you 2 week vacation per year .
Also it's because many of these guys are in the matrix and cannot see behind it.
They can feel ashamed to recognize that they have to travel around the world to find some p***y because the society stigmatize them.

The common crowd say:"Oh you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"Your are a f***ing looser and no chick in your home country want you,so you need to go abroad".

That are the most common reaction when a guy say that he is going abroad because he feels something regarding women is wrong at home.

If i waited to have the perfect economical situation,to have a stable job whom i could no go abroad more than 1 month per year,i would have never been to Thailand.

I could have ended up by struggling for many years,continuing to have a zero sexual and affective life to hear the common mantra:"It's your fault,man up,look this guy..how he get a girlfriend and not you"?

My strategy is clear:I spend the minimum money at home.
No girlfriend,no party,no going to bars,no buying expensive clothes or consumerism,no futile sociabilization who is not related to my coming to Thailand.

The job i look has always to be short mission duration.
Working for 2 to 4 months,and going abroad for half the time of work.

My home place is just a mean to reach my goal who is to have a more stable situation in Thailand,find a good girlfriend and build something there.
I go to places in Thailand,in the countryside where i can have a good quality of life for half or one third of what it will cost me in BKK or Pattaya.

For me it's Thailand but it can be replaced by the Phillipinnes or wathewer..the commitment is essential to make the move.

If these guys are in relative good health,have a minimum of 1.5k euro to spend for a discovering trip...nothing,beside a special occurence,should stop them to go abroad.
I they decide to stay at home seeking the perfect timing to go..is because their mind are still trapped in their everyday environment life.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

green1976 wrote:
chanta76 wrote:pete98146,

Also it's because many of these guys are in the matrix and cannot see behind it.
They can feel ashamed to recognize that they have to travel around the world to find some p***y because the society stigmatize them.

The common crowd say:"Oh you need to go to bang some poor third world submissive female as you are not fit for a real indepedent women"!
"Your are a f***ing looser and no chick in your home country want you,so you need to go abroad".

That are the most common reaction when a guy say that he is going abroad because he feels something regarding women is wrong at home.

If i waited to have the perfect economical situation,to have a stable job whom i could no go abroad more than 1 month per year,i would have never been to Thailand.

I could have ended up by struggling for many years,continuing to have a zero sexual and affective life to hear the common mantra:"It's your fault,man up,look this guy..how he get a girlfriend and not you"?

My strategy is clear:I spend the minimum money at home.
No girlfriend,no party,no going to bars,no buying expensive clothes or consumerism,no futile sociabilization who is not related to my coming to Thailand.

The job i look has always to be short mission duration.
Working for 2 to 4 months,and going abroad for half the time of work.

My home place is just a mean to reach my goal who is to have a more stable situation in Thailand,find a good girlfriend and build something there.
I go to places in Thailand,in the countryside where i can have a good quality of life for half or one third of what it will cost me in BKK or Pattaya.

For me it's Thailand but it can be replaced by the Phillipinnes or wathewer..the commitment is essential to make the move.

If these guys are in relative good health,have a minimum of 1.5k euro to spend for a discovering trip...nothing,beside a special occurence,should stop them to go abroad.
I they decide to stay at home seeking the perfect timing to go..is because their mind are still trapped in their everyday environment life.
I came to this very same relization myself. There is no "perfect time" to drop everything and go, and if I keep waiting for this and that and "this" and "that", then traveling abroad may just be a pipe dream instead of a reality! I'm ready to get my hands dirty. As you mentioned, while here in America, the goal is to spend as little as possible. I do more selling than I do spending, and downsizing is my friend.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:Well, guess what?

Since Winston still hasn't gone to China, I just did it for him. :P (Winston, check my IP: it's Chinanet Yunnan.)

I am having the time of my life in Kunming, Yunnan province, China right now. People here are incredibly friendly and fun. Both the men and women here are nothing like US-raised Asians. I'm hopping around both the cities and the countryside, which is mostly populated by ethnic minorities. Guizhou, Yunnan, Guangxi, Guangdong - it's all fun fun fun.

As I am completely fluent in Putonghua/Mandarin, I am perceived as a "waishengren" (guy from another province) at most.

China is like Mexico in many ways, while there are major differences as well. Cheap food and cheap taxis everywhere.

Not much time to be arguing about trivial things, complaining about US women, or reading/writing threads, since I am busy hitting the road everyday!
Way to go, FALCON!!!!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

green1976 wrote:
The only solution I know to this, is to stop talking to AW. No opinions, no answering questions, no explanations, no opening up.

I enjoy socializing but right now socializing in mixed company is likely to create "drag", slowing me down.

My hot 18 year old assistant urged me to go overseas to bring back a young virgin bride. Also 2 other women. All Armenian, trying to get me to marry within the race.

No AW have been encouraging.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Falcon wrote:Well, guess what?
Take lots of pictures!

When I went to Europe, I took my Sony compact with 2 x 8 GB sticks and shot about 4,000 pics. ^_^
colibri
Freshman Poster

cool !

Post by colibri »

:o :D yeiii have fun FALCON !!! :P :P try to eat and see everything ! :3 !
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Glad your enjoying yourself. Just watch your consumption of peppercorns, or you'll be pissing out of your ass for a week. The best thing about Kunming is the scenery and climate, 20C year round, you can spend lots of time outdoors without have a meltdown.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:Glad your enjoying yourself. Just watch your consumption of peppercorns, or you'll be pissing out of your ass for a week. The best thing about Kunming is the scenery and climate, 20C year round, you can spend lots of time outdoors without have a meltdown.

Thanks for this info!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, thanks for that, maybe I would be better in Kunming. I've heard the weather isn't bad in Chengdu either.

Shanghai was terrible in January (my trip report is in the trip reports). It was around 2C but felt like -10C.

Guangzhou is a fantastic city but at times it's like living in a sauna.

I need to give some serious thought to where I'm gonna go when I quit my life in the UK.

And there shouldn't be any excuses for not travelling. China is crying out for English teachers. Or in a big city like Guangzhou you can just hustle. It's confidence building as well.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

you have my envy, too bad when I finally get out of here I'll be flying solo with zero language skills, though I'm going to try and learn what I can.

live it up! few people live life, most people just sit around until they are old preparing to live life and then fail the objective!