betrayal on this forum

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

betrayal on this forum

Post by DCX_10 »

I want to quit the group. Someone from this group is using my posts against me in my QQ. I talked to my QQ friends. This person has a name of QQ name of Xiongmao. This person has shown many of my posts on happierabroad, I feel this is a betrayal of trust.

I don't want to jump to conclusion that this person is Xiongmao. But this person is obviously on Happierabroad, and reads my post carefully, and knows my email.

I want to delete all my posts and also my profile all together. I am NOT posting anything here no more.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: betrayal

Post by Rock »

DCX_10 wrote:I want to quit the group. Someone from this group is using my posts against me in my QQ. I talked to my QQ friends. This person has a name of QQ name of Xiongmao. This person has shown many of my posts on happierabroad, I feel this is a betrayal of trust.

I don't want to jump to conclusion that this person is Xiongmao. But this person is obviously on Happierabroad, and reads my post carefully, and knows my email.

I want to delete all my posts and also my profile all together. I am NOT posting anything here no more.
Did u PM xiongmao and ask him directly? Wht. do u mean he is using the posts against u? Anything posted in the forum is in the public domain. Is he using your posts to attack u and hurt your reputation. If so, in wht way?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

QQ is huge. How would Xiongmao have access to your QQ contacts? Can you elaborate?

QQ is not a forum. It is an instant messenger service. How would someone spread your posts on QQ?

This forum is public domain. How would anyone connect your forum posts to your identity, when your name is not attached to any of your posts?

How about just changing your screen name?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol. I don't use the username of Xiongmao on QQ.

Also I've not signed into QQ for 2-3 weeks now. I'm having a rest from relationships. And I NEVER talk to men on QQ, only ladies. I'm not a mod on HA either - I'd have no access to anyone's email addresses.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

xiongmao wrote:Lol. I don't use the username of Xiongmao on QQ.

Also I've not signed into QQ for 2-3 weeks now. I'm having a rest from relationships. And I NEVER talk to men on QQ, only ladies. I'm not a mod on HA either - I'd have no access to anyone's email addresses.
I know how u feel xiongmao. Some lurker came out of the blue and accused me of being a poster on WSG and ISG based on content (username was different) a few weeks ago here and said I posted a lot of bad stuff (he was very vague). It's totally untrue (I've only posted on 1 of those forums as Taiwan Laowai). I responded to set the record straight. But instead of posting-up any evidence, he just accused me of lying.

If DCX-10 or anyone else here accuses any forum member of anything, they should provide whatever evidence they have which led them to make such accusation. Otherwise, it should be written by everyone as BS slander.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

xiongmao wrote:Lol. I don't use the username of Xiongmao on QQ.

Are you able to see email addresses on posts and profiles here? Do you see an email icon on each post? Or do only mods see that?

What does Xiongmao mean? Is it a common word that many Chinese people would use as a user name? Or is someone trying to frame you?

Or maybe we have enemies out there who are trying to cause division among us, using divide and conquer strategies?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: What does Xiongmao mean?
Google it.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Winston, you don't know what xiongmao means? I thought your mandarin was a lot better than that. It means 'panda', a very innocuous word widely used throughout China. I didn't realize your mandarin was that poor, because mandarin is pretty essential for socializing in China. Well I guess you can just target the girls who speak English.

Really don't know what DCX_10 is getting onto. If he wants to make accusations, he should at least clarify them. No one understands what he means.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol, I should have called myself DaXiongMao which is the real word for Panda. I heard loads of kids shouting it in Shanghai Zoo!

Of course my avatar was the clue.

I guess only phpBB mods can see email addresses (and IP's?).

There are plenty of wierdos on the web. I used to post on another forum, and one of the members actually faked his own death. He claimed to have a Chinese wife, maybe he made that up as well!

HA has plenty of enemies, maybe one is assuming our identities and posting on another forum as "us". Maybe there's a troll database you could subscribe to, like stopforumspam.com.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ethan_sg wrote:
Winston, you don't know what xiongmao means? I thought your mandarin was a lot better than that. It means 'panda', a very innocuous word widely used throughout China. I didn't realize your mandarin was that poor, because mandarin is pretty essential for socializing in China. Well I guess you can just target the girls who speak English.

Really don't know what DCX_10 is getting onto. If he wants to make accusations, he should at least clarify them. No one understands what he means.
Dude, why would I know the Chinese word for "panda"? It's not a simple household word. I told you before, I only know basic Mandarin in terms of everyday household talk, such as "go to sleep, eat dinner" etc. I can't use Mandarin to say "install software" or "debate" or "contradiction" etc. I know a few animal names, but only the common ones like cat, dog, tiger, mouse, etc. Not panda. Why would I know the word for panda?

I don't need to stick with English speaking girls. Don't you remember my lesson from Russia? An electronic translator easily solves communication problems. Remember? How many times do I have to tell you that?

Anyway, what this means is that xiongmao is such a common word that probably many Chinese people use it as their usernames, so it may not have any connection with our xiongmao here.
xiongmao wrote: There are plenty of wierdos on the web. I used to post on another forum, and one of the members actually faked his own death. He claimed to have a Chinese wife, maybe he made that up as well!

HA has plenty of enemies, maybe one is assuming our identities and posting on another forum as "us". Maybe there's a troll database you could subscribe to, like stopforumspam.com.
How do you know whether our enemies are mere weirdos or Illuminati paid internet shills? There are plenty of internet shills that say the dumbest things that even rednecks wouldn't say, which is a giveaway.

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Maybe our enemies are all the Indian spammers you've banned lol.

Xiongmao is probably really common and means all kinds of things. The Chinese don't have many combinations of words, hence the use of tones to expand the vocabulary.

I've found the best approach is to not care what other people write about you - you'd go nuts if you did. There are so many jerks online anyway - I have a whole dating site full of them LOL.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

ethan_sg wrote:

OK, granted, Winston really doesn't know this word as he admitted in a follow-up post. But, a lot of native Taiwan people get thrown off by Pinyin cus they are not used to it the way mainlanders and Chinese in many other parts of the world are. A lot of them are particularly unclear about certain letter such as 'X' or 'Q' when they pop up in romanized words. So I'm pretty sure a lot of locals in Taiwan might not know how to sound out 'xiongmao' or 'daxiongmao' to arrive at the Chinese characters it likely represents.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Haha a panda is like a national icon in China, it's probably one of the first animals chinese kids learn to call when they first learn to speak, so to them it's certainly a very basic word. But I guess maybe not for you since you were born in Taiwan.

I think that language-wise, China for you will be a little different from Eastern Europe in that in Eastern Europe people don't always expect you to be able to speak their language since if you look Asian, there's a reasonable chance that you're not from there, so if you go up to a girl and you're not able to speak English, it's okay and she may even be intrigued by the immediate novelty you bring in being a foreigner.

In China if you look Chinese and you approach a girl but are not able to speak Mandarin and take out an electronic translator, it may make for a little bit of an awkward start and quite a few may be confused at why you don't speak much Mandarin. If you're white, it's no problem at all, they expect it and they're intrigued by you.

Of course if you can pull it off and are charming enough, your not being able to speak much Mandarin should be no great impediment to your taking things further, although I do think it will be difficult to establish a stable long term relationship if you can't readily communicate in the same language, unless of course that's not what you're looking for. In any case there are quite a portion of university-educated girls who speak basic English over there now, if you're looking for something long term.

I know for me when in China people always assume I'm from there and just speak to me as they would to any local Chinese, thankfully my Mandarin is decent enough to back that up, unless of course we start having a philosophical conversation or anything like that.

Anyway we all hope to see you move to China soon Winston. I promise you the women in China are just as beautiful as they are in Taiwan, just a lot more approachable and down to earth. Why keep torturing yourself in Taiwan? Once you go to China you'll regret you didn't go there earlier. Try Hangzhou (beautiful city) or Xiamen to start off with. They're pretty close to Taiwan.
Winston wrote:
ethan_sg wrote:

Dude, why would I know the Chinese word for "panda"? It's not a simple household word. I told you before, I only know basic Mandarin in terms of everyday household talk, such as "go to sleep, eat dinner" etc. I can't use Mandarin to say "install software" or "debate" or "contradiction" etc. I know a few animal names, but only the common ones like cat, dog, tiger, mouse, etc. Not panda. Why would I know the word for panda?

I don't need to stick with English speaking girls. Don't you remember my lesson from Russia? An electronic translator easily solves communication problems. Remember? How many times do I have to tell you that?

Anyway, what this means is that xiongmao is such a common word that probably many Chinese people use it as their usernames, so it may not have any connection with our xiongmao here.
xiongmao wrote: There are plenty of wierdos on the web. I used to post on another forum, and one of the members actually faked his own death. He claimed to have a Chinese wife, maybe he made that up as well!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Winston needs to get his ass off that island!

I've heard Xiamen is nice. My colleague's wife is from there. However, somewhere like Gz or Sz would be better for women, as there's a massive influx of intelligent ladies there, and they can't find any men worth dating. Gz/Sz are also fun - something I've found is that many Chinese cities are really boring. Gz has never been boring for me.

There are loads of English speakers in China now, especially in larger cities. English speakers can find better jobs, so there's huge incentives to learn.

I once visited an expat with a Chinese wife. Honestly his Mandarin was rubbish, he knows less than I know, and he still found a stunning wife. Ha ha ha, her English is rubbish, goodness knows how they communicate.

I am looking at Chinese MBA courses. How popular would a guy studying for an MBA be in China? Lol!
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Re: betrayal on this forum

Post by DCX_10 »

This person, whoever he is, is an absolute loser who has nothing better to do. He continue to contact my girl on QQ and tell them how I treat her/them as a sex object. It is none of his business in the first place and it is not true in the first place.

DCX_10 wrote:I want to quit the group. Someone from this group is using my posts against me in my QQ. I talked to my QQ friends. This
person has a name of QQ name of Xiongmao. This person has shown many of my posts on happierabroad, I feel this is a betrayal of trust.