Latin American Cupid: I'm not impressed!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Latin American Cupid: I'm not impressed!

Post by OTB »

What's the big deal about Latin American Cupid? Yes, I see a lot of attractive latinas on there from Colombia, Peru, Panama, etc. but there's a few problems I see on this site.

What are they?

Not ALL but most are divorced, divorced with kids, separated, separated with kids, their education level is high school or below. Yes, I know many of them have degrees or have attended or are attending a vocational college. Education is really not the issue. It's that most are divorced, divorced with kids, etc.

In my opinion, the quality of women so far are not all that great. Most of them have that typical "I'm super sexy look" with their body parts put on display to attract a man. I spent $30 for one month so I can send and receive messages but so far, for some reason, the majority of them that send messages are not attractive at all. No, I'm not picky. I had one beautiful girl from Colombia who expressed interest but when I sent her a message she never replied. Who knows why? No big deal. But overall, this site is not all that great in terms of the quality of women. I think the best thing to do is get down to Latin America and spend time there. Then you can see the girl you want and interact with her up close and personal.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

joe
Freshman Poster

Post by joe »

use hi5 or myspace, they are both free and millions of ladies from abroad use them! i've used them and met many nice ladies
Hey guys!
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 23rd, 2013, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

eurobrat wrote:@ OTB

How old are you early 30's? Every girl you go after in the 25-35 age group is most likely divorced.

Also education is an issue for me. The girl needs to work or get work, unfortunately I only make 50-70k a year and not 200K where I could support 2 people.
You need 200K to support 2 people? Kansas City must be more expensive than I remembered :)
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Thanks for the input guys. I'll check out hi5.

@eurobrat
How old are you early 30's? Every girl you go after in the 25-35 age group is most likely divorced.
I'm 30 eurobrat and you're right most of them in that age range are divorced. But also, I'm with you on the education part. I definitely don't want to be with someone whose highest level of education is middle school.

Now I prefer to be with a girl who has at least a degree in something. However, if she's a student trying to complete her degree then I would still give her shot. I really don't want to be with someone who only has a high school diploma. I take education and personal development very seriously. But sometimes certain circumstances hinder a person from furthering their education or completing it; money, family issues, etc. Now if she has a cool personality, she can hold a conversation intelligently, she has no kids, she's honest, faithful and she makes me feel like a man I may overlook the high school diploma because those positive qualities balance out with her educational shortcomings.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Latin American Cupid: I'm not impressed!

Post by Jester »

OTB wrote:What's the big deal about Latin American Cupid?

.....I spent $30 for one month so I can send and receive messages but so far, for some reason, the majority of them that send messages are not attractive at all. No, I'm not picky. I had one beautiful girl from Colombia who expressed interest but when I sent her a message she never replied. Who knows why?
Try video chat instead of messages.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

dont use dating services. usually women do that to scam men or date multiple men at once. i live in mexico and i would say more women are traditional in there aproach to dating. life in latin america is different people are more friendly it is far easier to approach women here. online dating services not used much except for the desperate. were talking lots of single moms, fat and ugly types and yes scammers. take a trip down here you will meet women easily.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, I'm going to China to meet ladies in real life. The problem with the Cupid sites is that they're so popular ladies get 1000's of admirers. The same thing happens on Chinese Love Links - it's hard to get anywhere with the hottest women. And the very hottest women wouldn't sign up to a dating site anyway.

By the way, most of the hottest women on my dating site have used fake/stolen photos anyway. Get to know your Latin American actresses!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

I've used two cupid sites. One for Mexico, one for China.

First, I don't care about a woman's education level. Perhaps this is because I'm just a high school graduate myself. But it's more so because even if education is broadly an indicator of intelligence, women will never be rational. So whether a woman is smart or dense, educated or not - I'll never entertain debating them. If I want to debate someone, I'll find a man. Furthermore a higher education level may indicate a looser sexual history. Girls whom live at home aren't exposed to party culture and are generally under the watchful eyes of parents.

Most women on MexicanCupid didn't speak English. My profile was written fully in Spanish, I doubt I'd of gotten as many views with an English profile. If you're serious about latin America you need to learn spanish. Latins are lazy and will not learn English.

On Chinese cupid I actually found more Chinese who speak English than Mexicans on Mexican cupid. However Chinese women are serious. Many Mexican women seem to be more willing to flirt, but they're unwilling to learn English. Chinese women on the other hand speak English but are serious and therefore don't seem to want to start conversations if it's clear that you're never going to see them. There's a lot more women on ChineseLoveLinks than MexicanCupid. Most attractive women on ChineseLoveLinks didn't give me any responses.

At this point I don't take these dating sites seriously. If I'm gonna get a wife I'll have to do it on foot and stop her dead in the street. I'm a shy man, but I'm willing to try this approach. I'm ok with getting rejected. If I can't take it I'll just stop.

And yes plenty of Mexican woman already had children, were divorced, ect. The third world isn't paradise. The women just need to pay for their mistakes. Most women over 25 in China have it rough.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Thanks for the info, drealm!

Many men think foreign women are PERFECT. This is stupid. They're not! For example, for a supposedly Christian country, the number of single moms in the Philippines is soaring. There are also plenty of toxic women online - they're on there because no man in their native country will go anywhere near them. Foreign man get bad press but which is unfortunate because they know the women to avoid.

Chinese women are very marriage focussed, I've only met a few (mainly on DateInAsia) who aren't looking for a husband. Don't get involved with a Chinese woman if you're not sure about her - they can be very clingy.

I've not had much luck with the hottest Chinese women on CLL - but you WILL be able to date them if you turn up in their city in China! Then you'll just have to charm their pants off, just as you need to in any other country.

I don't care about a woman's education level either. Dense women have their charms!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

xiongmao wrote:Thanks for the info, drealm!

Many men think foreign women are PERFECT. This is stupid. They're not! For example, for a supposedly Christian country, the number of single moms in the Philippines is soaring. There are also plenty of toxic women online - they're on there because no man in their native country will go anywhere near them. Foreign man get bad press but which is unfortunate because they know the women to avoid.

Chinese women are very marriage focussed, I've only met a few (mainly on DateInAsia) who aren't looking for a husband. Don't get involved with a Chinese woman if you're not sure about her - they can be very clingy.

I've not had much luck with the hottest Chinese women on CLL - but you WILL be able to date them if you turn up in their city in China! Then you'll just have to charm their pants off, just as you need to in any other country.

I don't care about a woman's education level either. Dense women have their charms!
I'm trying to focus less on looks, but can a guy who's a "4" get a "10" in China? I'm white, average height. I don't really need a "10", I'm just asking our of curiosity. Does white carry more value?

Also, I'm 25 - how low can I date? Do most couples date around same age or is it more common for the man to be several years older? I basically just don't want a party girl who trashed her youth.

Lastly how many chinese women are really virgins? I know there's more than Mexico, but realistically haven't most still fooled around by the time they reach my age?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Latin American Cupid: I'm not impressed!

Post by jamesbond »

OTB wrote:What's the big deal about Latin American Cupid? Yes, I see a lot of attractive latinas on there from Colombia, Peru, Panama, etc. but there's a few problems I see on this site.

What are they?

Not ALL but most are divorced, divorced with kids, separated, separated with kids, their education level is high school or below. Yes, I know many of them have degrees or have attended or are attending a vocational college. Education is really not the issue. It's that most are divorced, divorced with kids, etc.

In my opinion, the quality of women so far are not all that great. Most of them have that typical "I'm super sexy look" with their body parts put on display to attract a man. I spent $30 for one month so I can send and receive messages but so far, for some reason, the majority of them that send messages are not attractive at all. No, I'm not picky. I had one beautiful girl from Colombia who expressed interest but when I sent her a message she never replied. Who knows why? No big deal. But overall, this site is not all that great in terms of the quality of women. I think the best thing to do is get down to Latin America and spend time there. Then you can see the girl you want and interact with her up close and personal.
I agree with you about visiting a country to try and meet women face to face, instead of using online dating sites. After I visit Germany, I am planning on taking a trip to Brazil, Argentina and Columbia.

I took 2 years of spanish in high school, which was a long time ago but I am going to take some more courses to make sure I can speak it fluently.

I agree with you, I just cannot get myself to date a single mother! Even if she is hotter than hell and is a super nice person, I just can't imagine getting involved with a woman who already has children. :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lots of Chinese women are virgins. While this is good in theory, many of them are simply not hot, or have no interest in sex, or are a pain in the ass. Be careful of what you wish for.

On the balance of things, given all the ladies I've met, I'd say that Western guys would be better off with the non-virgins (especially if they're older than 30 themselves).

White men are VERY popular in China, especially in areas with darker skinned girls. I could see my gf of the time dreaming of our beautiful white skinned mixed babies.

Why marry a 10 though. 10's are a pain in the ass. You're better off with a 7. Chinese 7's are pretty good though, and even a Chinese 3 or 4 will have an incredible body.

If you like curvy girls then China is a good place to go - Chinese men hate meat on the bone. The new brides I saw being photographed in Guangzhou were all stick thin.

BTW if you're 25 then you can date anyone. An older woman will love you more, and remember Chinese girls can't marry until 21. Also younger girls will be under much more pressure to marry a Chinese man, but once she's 26+ then her family will just be relieved that she'll marry anyone.
slppryslp
Freshman Poster

Post by slppryslp »

Latin American Cupid kicks ass is all I can say. I put up a fake profile of a hot girl I know and found that I got more emails as a guy than the profile of the hot girl. So most of your messages will be read and considered..but if your approach or profile is bad all bets off. There are a fair number of women that get scared off by too many intense older guys or guys looking for cibersex, often thats the best deal if you get her email because you now know her and can develope the relationship and you know you arent going to get a bunch of competition from other guys later. My only complaint is that alot of women on the site now are logging in with their cell phones which I just try to avoid because its like you're bothering them when you look to chat, compared to if they are sitting in front of a computer and web cam chatting with you and friends (clearly engaged in the conversation and sharing photos, etc.).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

slppryslp wrote:Latin American Cupid kicks ass is all I can say. I put up a fake profile of a hot girl I know and found that I got more emails as a guy than the profile of the hot girl. So most of your messages will be read and considered..
Good to know, thanks.