Why are the hottest russian chicks always called Marina

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Why are the hottest russian chicks always called Marina

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

I met this russian chick 4 years ago called Marina. She was really hot and such fun to be around.

And then you have Marina Hot for words

https://www.google.com/search?q=marina+ ... 37&bih=907

http://www.facebook.com/hotforwords

And this woman pops up on Winstons adds.

http://women.happierabroad.com/women/info131555.htm

So I wonder. How come so many really hot woman are called Marina...is that as common as Olga or something?
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

My understanding is, women's names in Russia are the English equivalent to words like Faith, Hope, Charity etc... Ladislav, should know for sure since he's Russian.
Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

Here's a beautiful Russian girl called Marina Devyatova(Марина Девятова), singing Russian folk song katyusha(Катюша).

Singing with an Asian guy.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Hi Naoki,
Thanks for that. There is something about russian women and singing...

One day my ukrainian lady friend wanted to show off her massage skills....she is actually pretty good....very strong in the hands. I have a bad back and told her that massage helps it....so she immediately volunteered to show me how good she was at that....much better than my wife ever was.

So anyway she started humming as she was going about my back massage. She sounded like she knew how to carry a tune...my wife was tone deaf. So I asked her if she could sing....she was very enthusiastic and said yes, of course she could sing....she actually claimed ALL russian women know how to sing pretty well as they learn as little girls.

So I asked her to sing me a song that was one of her favourites.....she sang in Ukrainian of course but that is not more understandable than russian to me.

I can tell you it was a lovely experience....getting a great back massage from a woman who has helped me save my life while singing a very pretty if somewhat haunting melody. I relaxed and enjoyed......

When she stopped singing and stopped the backrub I turned to her to say thank you and I could see she had been crying.....she had tears in her eyes. I was shocked so I asked he why she was crying, why was she upset.

She explained to me that the song was one she learned as a little girl from her mum. The song was of a girl who wished for her prince to come along and she waited and waited all her life for her prince to come and find her and he eventually does......and she simply looked at me and said "that never happened for me"....

It was a very sad moment between us. I talked with her about this for some time because it seemed a bit "morose" or "overly sad". She explained that much of the history of the Ukraine and Russia is very sad and that russians feel very deeply about these things....that they do not always pretend to be happy.

We talked for a while more and I encouraged her that one day her "prince" might show up in a very unexpected time in an unexpected place and that she must keep her mind open as to who he might be and what he might look like.........

After that there were many times she sang to me.......I miss such russian/ukrainian singing.....it was just lovely....
Naoki
Freshman Poster

Post by Naoki »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote: She explained to me that the song was one she learned as a little girl from her mum. The song was of a girl who wished for her prince to come along and she waited and waited all her life for her prince to come and find her and he eventually does......and she simply looked at me and said "that never happened for me"....
You know what, the song your girl friend hummed is very similar to katyusha(First video).
katyusha is about a girl whose boyfriend has been dispatched to battlefield in former soviet era, and the girl keep waiting her boyfriend home for very long.

Also, what sentimental story. :lol:
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

In fact, that mermaid puppet on "Stingray" is pretty hot. Her name is Marina.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster