Is that we are just bitter ?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Is that we are just bitter ?

Post by chanta76 »

I'm going to play devil advocate. No pun intended.

Being an Asian man in America I was able to relate with Winston experience in the dating scene and how tough it was. I experience racism in the dating scene BUT I through effort was able to get dates and girl friend. At the same time I did travel abroad and notice at least in my native country dating was easier. I thought it was because I didn't have to deal with racism in the dating scene in Asia.

But coming to this site I meet fellow posters who really really hate American women or even to the extent American culture. Granted there are superficial American women and the American culture is becoming more down hill but I also met some decent American folks living here in the USA.

It maybe hard to believe in my lifetime I did meet some decent American girls. I know guys who are married and seem happy. I wonder if maybe the posters here experience so much pain or something to make them become who they are today.

Don't get me wrong. I think that feminism is more about women being superior and we do live in a superficial culture. But traveling abroad ..I find that to some extent the women liberation movement is happening even abroad and every culture to a degree has superficiality.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yes, that's my conclusion. At least half of the currently active posters bear endless grudges towards US/Anglo/Western women and I have the impression they are blaming them for every single issue they have interacting with society.

By now you will have noticed how those members who are happy with their women, or just "happier abroad", have a much more balanced view of femaledom and the world they live in. They don't post very often and when they do, their views veer much more towards helpful factual information and wise advice than useless ranting. These are the chaps who still keep my interest in this forum alive.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Both you and I are immigrants and/or children of immigrants. Our parents moved to America because they were discontent with the lack of opportunities for themselves and/or their families in the old country. They did not sit around, get angry, bitter, and/or indulge in schadenfreude.

America has many great opportunities, but it's not for everyone. I have several friends from my HS and college social circles who have moved back to East Asia for education and career opportunities. With their bilingual/trilingual skills, US education, and US work experience, some have done very well. One guy works for a US telecom/semiconductor company and is currently assigned to Shanghai. He gets paid US level salary plus additional living expense subsidies.

My parents do not have university education. They came as blue collar workers and worked in supermarkets and restaurants in the US for 20+ years. IMO if you want to make the transition to Asia (or another country), aim high for something better than what our parents did. Don't settle for an ESL teacher position with poor exit options.

Foreign companies in Asia and Eastern Europe has access to local talent pool, but many still prefer to import their own management or project management leads. One possible way to get into the PM field is get some work experience on projects, and get your PMI certification. If you can't qualify for PMI you can get CAPM and look for an entry-level associate project manager position in the US. This path does not provide for immediate gratification, but it's a good start to your professional career.

http://www.pmi.org/careerdevelopment/pa ... scapm.aspx
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

momopi wrote:Both you and I are immigrants and/or children of immigrants. Our parents moved to America because they were discontent with the lack of opportunities for themselves and/or their families in the old country. They did not sit around, get angry, bitter, and/or indulge in schadenfreude.

America has many great opportunities, but it's not for everyone. I have several friends from my HS and college social circles who have moved back to East Asia for education and career opportunities. With their bilingual/trilingual skills, US education, and US work experience, some have done very well. One guy works for a US telecom/semiconductor company and is currently assigned to Shanghai. He gets paid US level salary plus additional living expense subsidies.

My parents do not have university education. They came as blue collar workers and worked in supermarkets and restaurants in the US for 20+ years. IMO if you want to make the transition to Asia (or another country), aim high for something better than what our parents did. Don't settle for an ESL teacher position with poor exit options.

Foreign companies in Asia and Eastern Europe has access to local talent pool, but many still prefer to import their own management or project management leads. One possible way to get into the PM field is get some work experience on projects, and get your PMI certification. If you can't qualify for PMI you can get CAPM and look for an associate project manager position.

http://www.pmi.org/careerdevelopment/pa ... scapm.aspx
Agreed. I too have (better still, had, as most of them are dead) relatives who moved to the US between the 50s and the 60s, where US really was a land of opportunity. While I still believe US still offers a some serious competitive edge on innovation, I believe this is limited to specific areas, like hi-tech startups with little operational costs and high-value IP. Even there, competition is quite fierce.

My opinion is, what US once was, can now be found in places like Malaysia or Indonesia, Chile or Colombia. Of course the culture hurdles are large and may be disconcerting, but then so must have felt your parents or my relatives when they moved from a far away Asian country.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Is that we are just bitter ?

Post by davewe »

chanta76 wrote:I'm going to play devil advocate. No pun intended.

Being an Asian man in America I was able to relate with Winston experience in the dating scene and how tough it was. I experience racism in the dating scene BUT I through effort was able to get dates and girl friend. At the same time I did travel abroad and notice at least in my native country dating was easier. I thought it was because I didn't have to deal with racism in the dating scene in Asia.

But coming to this site I meet fellow posters who really really hate American women or even to the extent American culture. Granted there are superficial American women and the American culture is becoming more down hill but I also met some decent American folks living here in the USA.

It maybe hard to believe in my lifetime I did meet some decent American girls. I know guys who are married and seem happy. I wonder if maybe the posters here experience so much pain or something to make them become who they are today.

Don't get me wrong. I think that feminism is more about women being superior and we do live in a superficial culture. But traveling abroad ..I find that to some extent the women liberation movement is happening even abroad and every culture to a degree has superficiality.
There is a difference between hating America and enjoying other countries and cultures more. There is a difference between hating American women and preferring foreign women.

I don't hate America. I have a great job and comfortable life. But it's limited, particularly in the dating scene. So I love to travel and experience diferent cultures. I will likely retire abroad.

Same thing with girls. I don't hate American women just enjoy foreign women more and find that I have greater access to nicer, more attraactive women abroad.

For me it's simple really. I am drawn toward what I like not repulsed by what I hate.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Atleast for me, I don't find myself feeling bitter. A more descriptive word would be: tired. Everybody these days seems have have their own agenda. The Good Ol USA seems to be a very divided place these days. Either it's men vs women, gays vs straights, Republicans vs Democrats, rich vs poor, race against race etc, the net result is a very fragmented nation. Problem is that very few are pleased with their slice of the pie. Anybody else feel like they are standing in a foot of boiling water? Anyways, this is starting to get on my nerves the older I get. It also worries the hell out of me because we all know that "a nation divided cannot stand."

So I patiently work on building up my nestegg and plan my escape....
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

davewe wrote:I don't hate America. I have a great job and comfortable life. But it's limited, particularly in the dating scene. So I love to travel and experience diferent cultures. I will likely retire abroad.

Same thing with girls. I don't hate American women just enjoy foreign women more and find that I have greater access to nicer, more attraactive women abroad.

For me it's simple really. I am drawn toward what I like not repulsed by what I hate.
Bingo and I want to add in something ... I have an American sister. Yes, a messed up white woman with histrionic personality disorder and thus, I have no interest in re co-habitating with my original housemate from childhood.

So for those who think that "those who say that AWs are terrible are all sour grapes" ... let me tell you, if one can't stand one's own flesh and blood & when she's also slowly killing her own hubby, then yes, the grapes are in fact, sour.

I can take my money, my talents, still enjoy the good things that America has, and go elsewhere for women.
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

chanta76 wrote:I'm going to play devil advocate. No pun intended.

I disagree with you completely and yes i do hate america and its culture. I have been happier abroad, just like the title of this site says. No one is bitter, just like everyone else some people have the right to an opinion. Personally for me and me only i have found america to be a lie. It is an extremely intolerant society built upon opression, money and status. For me and me only it is not a place that i like to live in. It may be fine for others but i do not like it and never have. I have found a far better quality of life elsewhere in the world. The majority of the worst experiemces of my life have happened in the usa. I believe that the usa pushes a neo colonial agenda and wants to corrupt the world with things like feminism and other systems of hate and oppression. This entire thread is a bait, however despite this i still felt it correct for me to share my feelings.