Why do Asian girls love feminine Asian guys?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I don't buy it.... I buy it sorry, american men are feminine now, every movie star in the world looks femanine and even if they don't look feminine they look GQ and that's the same thing.

Most women in america who are 16 to 25 even 30+ want a man to be feminine give or take a little muscle mass depending on the girls taste, the only reason it stands out more in asian countries, is due to the fact that they aren't meat heads who have to have a extra 15 lbs of lean body mass MINIMUM to be the "ideal" for the local culture.

Plus, why do western men always fair so much better in aisan countries than at home despite character/physical appearance, because it isn't just looks.

Hell even in the xenophobic countries like korea navy guys brag about getting with all kinds of girls and they arn't half as likely to accept you as japanese, and the korean "ideal" is far more feminine than the rest, mixed with the fact that western culture has the most backwards horrible seance of style and cloths you've ever seen and that logically means based on this school of thought men should score even LESS in asian countries, and we all know this isn't so.

Seeing as women from asian countires on a average want a life partner more than random sex and party time, and the men know about this expectation who are locals, they are MORE manly through commitment and manning up to obligation.

I'm not saying that's 100% fact, but I think this is blown out of proportion.

Tell you what, I'm going to japan in a month or so, I'll let you know my results, as I'm far from a feminine man, so if I fail with the local ladies well then, I guess that explains it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

宏 玉木 Hiroshi Tamaki, Japan

[img]http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/74a1cf65dbe856ba5e8ae1926ce5f4fa_large.jpg[/img]
李敏鎬 Lee Min-Ho, South Korea

邱澤 Roy Chiu, Taiwan
Those are very typical in Taiwan. Notice the gay ass innocent smile and look on their faces. How the f**k can a normal straightforward outspoken guy like me emulate that to fit in in Taiwan? It's so gay ass! Now you guys see why I don't fit in Taiwan. There's no way I can emulate a gay ass innocent lighthearted sterile personality and expression, the guys have above. Yuck. It's sick and inhuman. Yet that's the ideal and norm in Taiwan?! WTF?! No wonder Taiwan is weird. No one can be that innocent naturally. It's like they are trying too hard to be innocent. Weird. Doesn't make sense and doesn't fit in my world. Weird, weird, weird.

Now you guys see what I mean. The expressions above say it all. Would you guys like me if I acted like that, super gay ass innocent? lol

I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
Last edited by Winston on August 16th, 2012, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Magnum,

You make a good point. If Asian girls only go for feminine Asian men that would mean white guys or black guys don't stand a chance in Asia. In reality it really depends. Some western guys do fare well in Asia where as others do not.

Winston,

If that is how the typical Taiwanese guys look you wouldn't do well in any develop Asian countries. I wouldn't say they have the gay ass look but they do have the GQ and metrosexual look. It's the same in USA. American guys have to look GQish in order to get a woman attention.

I think this is where you and I differ. I go to the gym . I work out. I try to dress reasonable maybe not GQ style but OK. I don't think I have the feminine look but I look OK enough.

Just look at any of the pop stars in Asia. They have all the pretty boy look that girls like BUT the average Asian guy does not look that pretty. So that's the good news..but the bad news is that they really care about your wallet.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 28th, 2013, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

eurobrat.,

Where? In Europe?

I live in New York ..and it really really depends upon the girl and the scene...same in Asia ..at least the places I been. I think we generalize too much on this site..and I admit I'm guilty of that too.

Usually if a girl goes for thuggish looking guys she tends to be more of the ghetto type at least the ones I seen. Again it depends.

One thing is for sure..and I find this universal . Height matters. It's not the be all and end all of everything but it does matter. If your 5'4 tattoo with muscles..vs 6'2 guy with just an average built...and they both have equal personality..I put my money on the tall guy.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

chanta76 wrote:Magnum,

You make a good point. If Asian girls only go for feminine Asian men that would mean white guys or black guys don't stand a chance in Asia. In reality it really depends. Some western guys do fare well in Asia where as others do not.

Winston,

If that is how the typical Taiwanese guys look you wouldn't do well in any develop Asian countries. I wouldn't say they have the gay ass look but they do have the GQ and metrosexual look. It's the same in USA. American guys have to look GQish in order to get a woman attention.

I think this is where you and I differ. I go to the gym . I work out. I try to dress reasonable maybe not GQ style but OK. I don't think I have the feminine look but I look OK enough.

Just look at any of the pop stars in Asia. They have all the pretty boy look that girls like BUT the average Asian guy does not look that pretty. So that's the good news..but the bad news is that they really care about your wallet.
Typical Taiwanese guys don't look like that. But many of the young teen guys do. Typical Taiwanese guys are much more plain. Older ones are more chubby.

I don't know if all Asian women like that look though. It's not just metrosexual. They almost look like ladyboys or unisexual, half male/half female. lol They have total sissy-like expressions on their faces. Anyone could kick their asses. Their asses are easy to kick. In America, everyone would be beating them up. lol. They can't fight worth shit and if you approach them with a menacing face, they back down.

I've never seen an American guy look like that, not that skinny, unless he was gay.

What do you mean by GQ? I thought GQ was a fashion magazine? You mean it refers to skinny sissy like guys who look feminine too? Those guys don't even look like males. They look like a cross between male and female. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

chanta76 wrote:Magnum,

Well perhaps a different sort of western guy does better in countries like Taiwan. For example, my French tenant did not look like a sissy. But he was slim, and had a refined and elegant face, not scary or dangerous looking at all. Moreover, he did GQ it up a bit when he went clubbing.

Some of the western guys who hang in Taiwan long term look relatively meek, are mild mannered, and play it soft and laid back.

For a man, I think, at the surface level, its generally most effective with many Taiwan women to apply 'the soft touch'. A lot of Taiwan girls seem to 吃軟不吃硬. That means you don't yell or confront them about things. Rather you treat them like a small child and talk with a soft and sweet manner. When toughness is required to put them in their place or curb unacceptable behavior, you can communicate with subtle actions, distancing yourself or making yourself scarce, throwing out flimsy excuses for flaking on things, etc. so they get the message that your time and attention are valuable and that they have to earn it. It's kind of a modified carrot and stick approach. They will put 2 and 2 together and figure out why you are not happy.

If you must communicate directly, better to be soft and never lose control of your body language or speech volume or tone. Now if she throws a fit even though you behave like that, its a good indication that you should probably not consider her for a long term relationship.

Even with other guys here, I've learned that the soft approach usually works best whether it be with avoiding conflict with strangers, managing employees, getting out of a traffic ticket, etc. You attract more bees with honey than vinegar.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metrosexual

宏 玉木 Hiroshi Tamaki, Japan

[img]http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/74a1cf65dbe856ba5e8ae1926ce5f4fa_large.jpg[/img]
李敏鎬 Lee Min-Ho, South Korea

邱澤 Roy Chiu, Taiwan
Those are very typical in Taiwan. Notice the gay ass innocent smile and look on their faces. How the f**k can a normal straightforward outspoken guy like me emulate that to fit in in Taiwan? It's so gay ass! Now you guys see why I don't fit in Taiwan. There's no way I can emulate a gay ass innocent lighthearted sterile personality and expression, the guys have above. Yuck. It's sick and inhuman. Yet that's the ideal and norm in Taiwan?! WTF?! No wonder Taiwan is weird. No one can be that innocent naturally. It's like they are trying too hard to be innocent. Weird. Doesn't make sense and doesn't fit in my world. Weird, weird, weird.

Now you guys see what I mean. The expressions above say it all. Would you guys like me if I acted like that, super gay ass innocent? lol

I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
This made me think of a theory...

Before one should speculate that Asian girls go for the sissy I-can-break-him-with-a-single-punch feminine dudes by judging from the pics of K-pop stars, think for a second....yes, these are K-pop stars. Remember, K-pop is made by the entertainment distributors with the intention of making money. So they would model their stars to appeal the most to the market demographic that buys into their entertainment the most.

And who buys into K-pop the most? Obvious answer: Teenage and young adult girls.

It is a known fact that worldwide - not just in Asia - the preference of teenage and young adult girls tend to be for the overly expressive, unassertive, feminine and softie men...

Here's a gay ass specimen coming from the West - brewed by the entertainment industry for marketing towards the teenage / young adult female demographic

Think of K-pop actors as Asian entertainment producers analogue to the West's tactic of using childish/unmasculine actors to appeal to the teenage /young female demographic (or the other way around, if you prefer)

Moving on...let's look at stuff the more grown up, mid-20s and beyond women prefer to delve into:

And, amusingly, from Korea itself

Both taken respectively from a romance novel and a Korean soap opera drama (The latter is the same dude who plays the 40-something Emperor in the show Dong Yi - a show that's very popular among housewives)

Note the sharp dominating gaze, the wide body structure, the erect posture, the modest facial expression...the complete anti-thesis to the gayass-ness Winston was talking about.

So its obvious that gay-ass looking men are of course highly sought after, but mainly by teenage / young adult females demographic, which happens the be exactly the same demographic that people in HappierAbroad tend to target[/b].

You hear this a lot in Asia because Asia is where expats go as young as they can the likeliest - for whatever reason. I see this all the time - old, balding Western dudes in Thailand and Malaysia discussing among each other how to go about tapping the ass of 18 year olds.

Which brings me to a concluding advice of mine - which will inevitably come across as something many of you guys will not like to hear : AIM FOR OLDER WOMEN!.

Trust me, even if young women do prefer masculine ones, they still make poorer choices compared to older ones. I can name a few on top of my head: Lack of sexual experience, lower self-esteem, immaturity, clinginess, parent interference, etc. As for me, I target women 25 years and above from now on....
Last edited by Rayn on August 16th, 2012, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Rayn wrote:
Which brings me to yet another opinion of mine - which will inevitably come across as something many of you guys will not like to hear : AIM FOR OLDER WOMEN!.

I certainly did - actually that's how I end up with - looking back, as I settled upon the masculine direct characteristic I have now, the only women I attracted tend to be 25 years and beyond.

[/b]
In most countries, the 25-32 demographic is probably the best bet for LT relationships. Younger girls are great for ST stuff and play if you can get them. But consider the PI. 25 year olds there look like 35-40 in most other places. They have genes for accelerating aging along with a harsh environment which compounds the effect. So it makes sense that the guys on this forum who go for Filipinas might be interested in the very young ones, especially if they are mature inside.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
Children playing in a sand box boasts "I can beat you up". At your age, it's not an appropriate thing to say. But since you mentioned it, in TW/SK/SG, men are required to serve 2 year compulsory military service, with majority going to infantry where they're taught to break necks in hand to hand combat. If they choose not to fight, it's because it's not a war and you're not the enemy. Given different circumstance, they'd pop 2 rounds into your chest, confirm the kill and move on to the next enemy.

鄭智薰 Jung Ji-Hoon

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDnrGdQ ... re=related[/youtube]

Winston wrote: Those are very typical in Taiwan. Notice the gay ass innocent smile and look on their faces. How the f**k can a normal straightforward outspoken guy like me emulate that to fit in in Taiwan? It's so gay ass! Now you guys see why I don't fit in Taiwan. There's no way I can emulate a gay ass innocent lighthearted sterile personality and expression, the guys have above. Yuck. It's sick and inhuman. Yet that's the ideal and norm in Taiwan?! WTF?! No wonder Taiwan is weird. No one can be that innocent naturally. It's like they are trying too hard to be innocent. Weird. Doesn't make sense and doesn't fit in my world. Weird, weird, weird.
    You cannot be like them today because they're young and handsome in their youthful looks, not a "金魚老". Think of younger version of Zac Efron, Tom Daley, or Taylor Lutner. But, they cannot retain their looks when they hit your age (or mine) either. There is attraction in handsome young men in their sexual prime, with better vitality, endurance, and youthful optimism. Also, from personal observation, looks for men seems to matter more with Koreans and Japanese than Taiwanese.

金城武 Takeshi Kaneshiro is a good example of transition from boy-band looks to mature male looks. He's 1/2 Taiwanese and 1/2 Okinawan and grew up in Taipei. He is fluent in Mandarin, Taiwanese, and Japanese, and speaks English and Cantonese. His looks and language ability made him very popular with audiences across East Asia. He is also a Buddhist.

In Hong Kong:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1nmpiaJ ... re=related[/youtube]

In Japan:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCMKU5tw ... re=related[/youtube]

In China (Red Cliff):

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4JNtMX1 ... re=related[/youtube]

Commercial shoots:

CNN Asia Interview (English):
    Last edited by momopi on August 16th, 2012, 7:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    Rayn
    Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

Come to think of it, here's a K-pop idol, having groomed and instructed to appear and act a certain way to appease his youthful female admirers:

And LO, behold, his true appearance shirtless, and raw:

You wouldn't wanna mess with him on the streets.
    pete98146
    Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Here is a thought that comes to mind. From my experiences in Asia, it's still VERY MUCH a man's world. Not uncommon for men to have many girlfriends or "second wives" ie mistresses. Perhaps the asian women are fed up and they now enjoy a softer, more malable feminine guy. I could see where she thinks the less macho guy will be there by her side at all times and be more faithful than the Asian macho man.

This coupled with what is hot in Asian media illustrates the popularity of the Asian femboy.
    chanta76
    Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

The average Asian guy in Asia look like none of those guys on those pictures.

Asia is still male dominate . Saying that with the media they do portray pretty boys...and some Asian girls go for the pretty boy look. Maybe to some of the posters here they think the pretty boy look gay ass but is what it is.

Imagine if Winston had Takeshi Kaneshiro looks...you think he be ranting ? I really think Winston with Takeshi Kaneshiro looks would of done much better in Russia and probably would have gotten rape in the Philippines .
    Rock
    Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
    Winston wrote: I could easily kick those guys' asses and knock them over like bowling pins. Those types always back down from fights. If you approach them menacingly, they get intimidated and run away. They aren't real men at all.
    What's even funnier is that when I warned him by PM against recording with a spy cam inside Chiayi brothels cus he might get into trouble with local gangsters, he replied,

"Lots of westerners have kicked Filipino guys asses in fist fights and won. Same can happen here. If gangsters attack me, they will get hurt too. Can they take hits? Or are they sissies? 99 percent of guys I see here aren't tough at all. No way."
    chanta76
    Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Rock,

Something is telling me that Winston buys into the Asian male stereotype that they are physical weak. Granted Asian guys aren't as big looking as the western counterpart nor are as fat as their western counterpart..but I'm not so sure about them being that weak or not being able to fight. Looks are deceiving.