I like to know what other people plans are to move oversea.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

I like to know what other people plans are to move oversea.

Post by chanta76 »

For me..I would love to move overseas. The quickest path is ESL teaching but I think ESL teaching is a dead end job without any future. Plus in some countries they prefer younger applicants. So this path maybe open for me but I 'm still exploring my option.

I started to work on online site and I have a lonnnnng way to go on top of that I'm trying to learn how to invest and trade stocks. Just using simulation.

I work in Real estate and well I didn't make enough money yet to retire early to live abroad. I figure I might need another 10 years or so. I'm currently 35 soon to be 36. I'm not married yet but I do have a girl friend in Asia and we are talking about marriage. But if I do marry it might make things more challenging since marriage is always challenging.

I think part of the reason why I'm thinking about marriage is that here in the states I'm pretty much turned off by the local girls. My girl in Asia is much better than the local girls but still I think part of the reason why I'm thinking of marriage is I want someone by my side. I know that when I was in Asia there was sooooo much temptation that it would of been hard to settle down but here in the states there is no temptation so maybe marriage life doesn't sound that bad.

I'm still thinking about it.

Curious to know how others are trying to make their move overses.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Well it's not so bad considering marriage. I myself am engaged to my fiancee in Lithuania and will be making the sacrifice of moving to Lithuania leaving everything behind. Plus she has told me lots of times she has no interest in moving to the states. She has told me that most americans are very ignorant and too full of themselves. Unlike most AW think not all women want to leave their countries. My fiancee is an only child and she takes care of her mother so pretty much we came to the agreement that I will be moving to Lithuania and she loves her country. I know it will be a long hard road especially since once I move there I have to hit the ground running and sign up for lithuanian language classes so I start learning the language and not just a few words. In all honesty I'm happy with her and I sacrifice anything for her so I don't regret the decision of moving there with her.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Financing

Post by Voice of Reason »

In terms of financing living in another country, the process is simple (hypothetically):

1. Find a skill that people would pay for, that you wouldn't mind doing (Eg, SEO, Programming, Graphic Design..etc)

2. Learn the skill

3. At the same time, showcase your skill by making a blog about it

4. Offer to do your services for free, and blog about it

5. Charge someone for your services

Here is a really helpful page:

http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/20 ... edentials/
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Re: I like to know what other people plans are to move overs

chanta76 wrote:I think part of the reason why I'm thinking about marriage is that here in the states I'm pretty much turned off by the local girls. My girl in Asia is much better than the local girls but still I think part of the reason why I'm thinking of marriage is I want someone by my side. I know that when I was in Asia there was sooooo much temptation that it would of been hard to settle down but here in the states there is no temptation so maybe marriage life doesn't sound that bad.
Despite what many people say, I don't think marriage is that bad of a thing, if you marry someone who will improve your life and won't bring you down (Thus, avoiding western women is a start). I myself have met women in Asia that I wouldn't mind marrying.
Last edited by Voice of Reason on August 17th, 2012, 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I'm applying to study at a Chinese University (in Guangzhou).

My current plan is:

End of 2012 - get an English teaching qualification from somewhere in Asia. I'm not too fussed about the qualification as I'm not intending to teach English full time.

Feb-September 2013 - learn Mandarin. Just 3 hours a day, so I'll have the afternoons to learn business from my business woman friend, build my business connections, and evenings to date beautiful Chinese women!

If I like it in China then I'll stay and do my MBA. Why do an MBA at Harvard, when you can do one in the import/export centre of the world?

I'll live off my website income, teach English a bit and just generally hustle. Guangzhou is the easiest city in the world to hustle.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

You're making a mistake. Don't settle for one girl. Find many girls then marry your favourite one in a few years. When overseas don't put your eggs in one basket.
Last edited by polya on August 31st, 2012, 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Last edited by polya on August 17th, 2012, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

polya wrote:
chanta76 wrote:For me..I would love to move overseas. The quickest path is ESL teaching but I think ESL teaching is a dead end job without any future. Plus in some countries they prefer younger applicants. So this path maybe open for me but I 'm still exploring my option.

I started to work on online site and I have a lonnnnng way to go on top of that I'm trying to learn how to invest and trade stocks. Just using simulation.

I work in Real estate and well I didn't make enough money yet to retire early to live abroad. I figure I might need another 10 years or so. I'm currently 35 soon to be 36. I'm not married yet but I do have a girl friend in Asia and we are talking about marriage. But if I do marry it might make things more challenging since marriage is always challenging.

I think part of the reason why I'm thinking about marriage is that here in the states I'm pretty much turned off by the local girls. My girl in Asia is much better than the local girls but still I think part of the reason why I'm thinking of marriage is I want someone by my side. I know that when I was in Asia there was sooooo much temptation that it would of been hard to settle down but here in the states there is no temptation so maybe marriage life doesn't sound that bad.

You're making a mistake. Don't settle for one girl. Find many girls then marry your favourite one in a few years. When overseas don't put your eggs in one basket.
+1
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

Right now I am selling all of my things. The WIA program that I am in, that is supposed to enroll me in school for free, is taking their sweet time to get me started at the college that I want. So my priority is selling crap that I can't carry and saving up the money for that. No plans as far as what country I would go, but I may just take my chances on the world without that Cisco Professional certificate and just wing it with my BA in design and technology. Don't really care at this point as my goal is to not be in America in general. My only real concern is not being homeless on the streets when I get there.
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

chanta76,
I left Australia in 2001 and never went back.....I relocated with my family and divorced in 2007......the hardest part is to make sure you have a job to go to....I have launched the Mens Business Association to encourage men around the world to start businesses and trade with each other....if they do that then they can offer jobs to men who want to relocate....

Alas...even then men do not want to get on board with such an idea to any great extent....so I am back doing my regular job selling my software.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

PeterAndrewNolan wrote:chanta76,
I left Australia in 2001 and never went back.....I relocated with my family and divorced in 2007......the hardest part is to make sure you have a job to go to....I have launched the Mens Business Association to encourage men around the world to start businesses and trade with each other....if they do that then they can offer jobs to men who want to relocate....

Alas...even then men do not want to get on board with such an idea to any great extent....so I am back doing my regular job selling my software.
Peter, men are too stupid/p***y-whipped to listen until they're nose to nose with a bull-dyke lawyer. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

partial checklist & considerations, no particular order, some may not apply.

Any language barriers? Any major racial issues/tensions?
In what direction is demographics/social stability taking their economy?
Is this a one-way trip?
Does your home country tax you on worldwide income? Most countries do.
Will your new country tax you on worldwide income? What rate?
Will you have to file two tax returns or just one? Two, if you're American.
Will you have to give up your old citizenship?
Settle in one country or perpetually travel?
What are the crime issues? Gangs? Corruption?
Are there civil liberties? In some places, calling the King a fink will get you locked up.
Will your income source be online based or physical location?
Are local bureaucrats & thugs likely to demand bribes / shake down or shut down your business?
Is the govt likely to get a shooting war going, during your stay?
Do you have the same / fewer rights than a local?
Ancestral or treaty rights to citizenship / residency?
What about a retirement plan?
How is the healthcare system? Can you buy in, cheap? Is it modern medicine or do they still use leeches?

If you're going to settle down and do the family thing:
Can you rent / buy / lease a house / an apartment / land in your own name, or does it have to be done in a spouse's name?
Can you open a bank account / get utilities in your own name, or does it have to be done in a spouse's name?
If in a spouse's name, what happens to your property investment / accounts, in event of a divorce?
Can you be arrested / kicked out of your house, on a fake "he hit me" claim?
For your kids, are the schools any good?
Will your kids be considered full citizens?
Will your kids ever have to serve in the military?
Will your kids be targets for abduction and ransom because you're seen as the rich kano / farang / gaijin / laowai / etc?
In event of a divorce, what are your custody rights? Any vag.. er.. alimony, or child support obligations?

chanta76 wrote:For me..I would love to move overseas. The quickest path is ESL teaching but I think ESL teaching is a dead end job without any future. Plus in some countries they prefer younger applicants. So this path maybe open for me but I 'm still exploring my option.

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

polya wrote: Peter, men are too stupid/p***y-whipped to listen until they're nose to nose with a bull-dyke lawyer. You just can't teach an old dog new tricks.
Correct...and then when they get themselves into trouble because they would not use the remedy offered they whine like little girls instead of stand up and say "NO. I WILL NOT TOLERATE CRIMINAL ACTS FROM MY FORMER WIFE".

"Gutless girlies".

That is what MRAs are.

Almost as spineless as all those "free men" and "sovereigns". They like living on their knees begging from the hands of their political masters for their miserable "benefits".

Anders Breivik has shown men what they have to do to get the attention of politicians. You kill their adult children in large numbers and THEN the politicians might actually listen.

I sent an email out to more than 800 in office politicians last week with respect to the criminal nature of the legal system. NOT ONE RESPONSE.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable".

Brievik showed men how to get the attention of politicians when words are not paid any attention. And it will not take too many men to decide to take up arms against their oppressors to make the point.

As far as relocating...if men co-operated it would be easy. But men will not co-operate without a sizable fee involved....it really is pretty disgraceful if you ask me.

One idea of the MBA is that men can make transactions globally with other men assured that the other man will honour the transaction or the MBA will remedy the dishonour.

What is the BIGGEST roadblock to men buying the products or services of another man? TRUST....the trust that the other guy is not going to rip them off.....I grew up in a small country town where your word was your bond and you did what you said you were going to do....no one oversold and under delivered because word of mouth would have you out of business real fast.

But with the move to big cities there are plenty of suckers.......so there is an incredible amount of dishonesty in business....I have seen it all my life....and it is this dishonesty and men not living up to their word that has worked so well in the Illuminatis favour to divide men and keep them all slaves.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

if you are going to teach abroad or make money having a skill you need a few things. first have money in the bank. depends on where you move o japan for instance you probably need 10k plus. or latin america 5k. do you need to learn a new language if so plan on taking time to study a new language and pay for class. while spanish might take a yr or two to learn, chinese or japanese could take several yrs. the number 1 thing you need to move abroad is an indepent personality because without it your screwed. btw marriage abroad could be benefifical if you have no assests currently and need citizenship to start a business otherwise i dont see the benefit.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Polya and PeterAndrewNolan,

If I every do get married I want a prenuptial and if she does not want to sign it's a deal breaker.

The reason why I started this thread was to see other people ideas so therefore other posters who are reading may come up with their own ideas or exchange ideas.

Polya,

You mention don't put all your eggs in one basket and wait to go overseas...and find a bunch of girls and pick the best. Well..I'm 35 soon to be 36 years old. Never married and never had kids. So I been very careful who I would settle down with. Can I get a local American girl? Yes...and I did but not really interested and now I'm with a girl overseas.

As PeterAndrewNolan mentioned the biggest road block to moving overseas is income or making a living. Trust me if I won the lottery it be a different story for me but income is indeed the biggest issue. Once I can set myself up then I can make the move.

About the marriage thing? You do bring up a good point but what if you found a quality lady already? I realize in life there is no guarantee . Look at Winston he was in the Philippines perhaps the number one destination for expats and he left that country. So there is no guarantee in life. Maybe getting marriage is mistake or maybe is not. Same with not getting married and moving overseas in the future and I find that I can't find that quality lade or maybe I might. You just don't know about these things and take each situation at hand .

Don't get me wrong. I agree that overseas offer more option but I could move overseas now but don't have much prospect job wise and what girl would be interested in me if I have nothing going for me? If it was that easy moving overseas everybody be doing it.

For my situation there are two ways to go at. Work hard for the next 10 years and invest wisely and make my move overseas or my online business or somehow overnight I get good at daytrading or like I said win the lottery and than make my move.

At the same time I'm looking in other types of certification to see if it can improve my chances in finding legitimate work overseas. I mean I can do the ESL thing but it's dead end ...ESL jobs is the quickest but it doesn't have any real growth. I think.