Should I burn my bridges?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Should I burn my bridges?

Post by zacb »

Not right away. But with the exception of family should I eliminate any line of communication with former acquaintances once I leave the country? And btw, is it me, or does it seem like you (or me) tend to run into a lot of idiots? Or is it me?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should I burn my bridges?

Post by momopi »

zacb wrote:Not right away. But with the exception of family should I eliminate any line of communication with former acquaintances once I leave the country? And btw, is it me, or does it seem like you (or me) tend to run into a lot of idiots? Or is it me?
Your time is better spent making new friends.
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

This is strange - why would you cut-off your good life-long friends? We have skype, email, flickr, etc. We need our friends - what if you end up in jail overseas? If you are the kind of guy who "gives up his best friends for a girl" then you'll end up alone with no wife & family - just wait & see.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

zacb wrote:Not right away. But with the exception of family should I eliminate any line of communication with former acquaintances once I leave the country? And btw, is it me, or does it seem like you (or me) tend to run into a lot of idiots? Or is it me?
People move around all the time. Keep in touch with the good ones. They'll help you stay up on what's going on at ground level, where they are. You can be a contact or help them find a place to crash, if they ever make the move to where you are. Networking is important.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It depends. Do they support what you do or not? Do they add to your energy or drain you? You should jettison those who make you feel drained and depleted. They are energy vampires and not good for you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

You're better off without negative people in your life.

And friendships are of their time. Move on and meet new people.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Voice of Reason
Junior Poster

Post by Voice of Reason »

Just keep people who are your TRUE friends. Keep the people that inspire you and make you into a better person. Keep the people who would always be there for you. Forget the rest...they will just drain your energy.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I guess the problem is that there are very few people I tend to connect with. Maybe just me, maybe genetic disorder. Idk. But I am kind of tired of running into people who seem like they are from another planet. When I said communication, I meant fb. The only reason I keep them on there is for networking. Otherwise, my facebook would be 90% smaller.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Depends..that's case by case.
Will you have something in common when you leave the country or what are the common points now?
Speaking for myself,my few friends from the past are long gone.

Each people have made their own life.
The time of the university and student life is over.

I really don't know what's up in their life,i don't care and they don't care about mine too.

You know,just as life is moving,the society expect you to be in a certain position.

At mid 30,if the guy has not got his appartment,his car,his good job and of course his wife and maybe his children,he is considered a definitive loser.

I'm in my mid 30,and if my set of value regarding myself would be exactly what my society impose to me,i would be on the brink of commiting suicide or being totally depressed and feelling worthless.

This is also what is all about going abroad..i can still take a new departure even being not a youngster,i can still easily find a good lady,i can still make some money at home who will represent a lot more abroad and as i refused the rules at home,my self appreciation is not anymore what my society tells me to feel.

Probably for those who are reading my message,some people here will feel the same.

They are not taking the same train as almost all the others.
The outcome would be totally catastrophic by having no choice to only stay at home and being considered a loser,a loner,a weirdo and even a sociopath.

By going abroad,especially meeting women really worth your affection,you can start a new life by feeling more adequated to the environment.

Does i regret my past life,my ex friends?
Not at all..i've never felt so young to some extent.

The freedom now to be where i want to be,with whom i want to be,it's great i think.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I say keep in touch but cut does that are not good for you. Sometimes I think family can be just as bad but it's still family which makes it harder to cut.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

chanta76 wrote:I say keep in touch but cut does that are not good for you. Sometimes I think family can be just as bad but it's still family which makes it harder to cut.

I agree. I'm keeping my close friends and close family members on my facebook and will be keeping in touch with those who have been by my side always. I do agree family can be worst than friends at times cause I have cousins who are pretty much backstabbers so those I got rid of.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:It depends. Do they support what you do or not? Do they add to your energy or drain you? You should jettison those who make you feel drained and depleted. They are energy vampires and not good for you.
+1
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

zacb wrote:Not right away. But with the exception of family should I eliminate any line of communication with former acquaintances once I leave the country? ...
No.