How can women be more materialistic yet more spiritual?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

How can women be more materialistic yet more spiritual?

Post by Winston »

Someone told me that women tend to be more materialistic than men in general, which seems to ring true. After all, they are the ones who associate riches with status, and are the main target for advertisers and the main shoppers at the mall. They seem to be into comfort and luxury so much, like it was their religion. Or they are hardwired to seek luxury and comfort. Its like an aphrodisiac to them.

But on the other hand, they are also more apt to go to psychic fairs, use their intuition, believe in astrology, be involved with New Age spirituality and groups, etc than men are.

So how can they be both more materialistic yet more spiritual than men at the same time?

Are these completely different types of women? Maybe but I'm sure many of the same women apply to both categories as well.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Women are indeed more materialitic than men. They naturally are looking for the most finacially sound male to get involved with and marry. It is an evolutionary urge of the female to seek out the "high status" male and mate with him. Men are more promiscuous than women and women are more materialistic than men. It's all part of human nature.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:Women are indeed more materialitic than men. They naturally are looking for the most finacially sound male to get involved with and marry. It is an evolutionary urge of the female to seek out the "high status" male and mate with him. Men are more promiscuous than women and women are more materialistic than men. It's all part of human nature.
I know, but how is it that they can also be more "spiritual" or "metaphysical" at the same time? They are more likely than men to go to psychic fairs, visit astrologers, read about astrology, go to psychics, be New Age, etc. Isn't that ironic?

Maybe since they lack the ability to be logical, they have to rely on intuitive powers, which play a larger role in psychic and New Age stuff?

I guess they want the best of both worlds, having the best of the materialistic life and comforts, and the best of the spiritual life at the same time.

In other words, they don't want to be humble and abandon their ego. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Shokkers
Freshman Poster

Post by Shokkers »

It's said that men are just as materialistic as women, perhaps even moreso, it's only that their drive is for big-ticket items (sports cars, boats, BBQ grills, Widescreen TVs, Bowflexs) that only need to be purchased once in a great while, whereas women buy less expensive items more often (clothes, accessories, etc.). Also as wives or mothers many women assume the role of 'main purchaser' for their households and do more of the shopping, hence their targeting by advertisers.

More men WOULD be into spiritual development (psychic fairs, New Age phenomena, the arts) except...
A) it's seen as more 'effeminate' than masculine.
B) the benefits of spiritual practices aren't as 'cool' as other practices--such as making money, getting more muscular, attracting more women, etc.
C) Men tend to save spiritual development for last, in their 40s and 50s--you don't see a lot of younger guys hanging around psychic fairs.
D) As in 'A', Spiritual development isn't part and parcel of the "Bill of Goods" men are sold (Graduate School, Serve In Military, Get Job, Get Corner Office, Get House/Wife/2.5 Kids, Retire, Die) so it doesn't seem as important.

Actually, the amount of truly spiritual people is a minority...church membership is declining, and New Age or Spiritual enthusiasts aren't very 'mainstream', they're still viewed as subculture...WalMarts will still outnumber the health food stores for a while. More people SHOULD be into it but they claim not to have the time or interest...other pursuits are simply more popular.

Just my two cents...
KK
http://www.RockHerWorld.Net
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

As a generalization, women were displaced in the religious hierarchy when we progressed from polytheism to monotheism.

With Ancient, polytheist religions, we had many women leaders, priestess, etc.

But when we progressed to monotheist religions, women were reduced to nuns and positions of lesser power. You can see this with not only Christian and Islamic sects, but also Buddhist. Buddha was reputed to have been very reluctant in allowing women into the sangha (Buddhist assembly), and the discrimination still persists in most countries except Taiwan. In Lamaism, women were usually kept to novice or lower status.
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

Females are inherently steeped in the realms of deception and manipulation. Like the "dark side", once you go down that road, there is no turning back. Or, as is the case with the vast overwhelming majority of females in the world, they embrace the darkness.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

Well first of all, being into astrology or psychic powers doesn't necessarily make one more spiritual.

Taoism is one of the few religious traditions out there which regards women in a more positive light. Most taoist immortals/legendary masters have been men though. Which only makes sense, men tend to be more driven, and really, how many women would be willing to completely set aside family and relationships aside and seek out enlightenment by meditating in the wilderness?
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I read something funny in a Hugh Cook book a long time ago. A young man was wondering why he was having so many problems in life. His logic was funny, in context, because he felt he was a very "religious" person.

He went to the temple and paid for a prostitute on all the holy days. He sacrificed little boys when the demon demanded it. Like I said, very religious.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How can women be more materialistic yet more spiritual?

Post by Winston »

Isnt this so sad?

[12/24, 4:25 PM] Alex From Italy: Because guys likes girls
[12/24, 4:25 PM] Alex From Italy: But girls like things
[12/24, 4:25 PM] Alex From Italy: Remember Winston
[12/24, 4:26 PM] Alex From Italy: Ask a guy what beauty is
[12/24, 4:26 PM] Alex From Italy: He will say a girl
[12/24, 4:26 PM] Alex From Italy: Ask a girl what beauty is she will say shoes

[12/24, 4:29 PM] Winston: Yeah its sad that women are so materialistic. Why did god make them that way?
[12/24, 4:29 PM] Winston: Is god materialistic too?
[12/24, 4:30 PM] Winston: But your wife was not materialistic right?

[12/24, 4:31 PM] Alex From Italy: Girls are materialistic because beauty doesn't belong to men but to women only and things
[12/24, 4:33 PM] Alex From Italy: Guys can appreciate a lot the woman's beauty but have more difficulties to appreciate the beauty of a dress of a curtain
[12/24, 4:33 PM] Alex From Italy: While it's the opposite for girls
[12/24, 4:36 PM] Alex From Italy: God gave the beauty to the woman so that man can enjoy of her beauty and gave man the ability to shape the matter so that he can use it to have care of her woman

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Winston wrote:Someone told me that women tend to be more materialistic than men in general, which seems to ring true. After all, they are the ones who associate riches with status, and are the main target for advertisers and the main shoppers at the mall. They seem to be into comfort and luxury so much, like it was their religion. Or they are hardwired to seek luxury and comfort. Its like an aphrodisiac to them.

But on the other hand, they are also more apt to go to psychic fairs, use their intuition, believe in astrology, be involved with New Age spirituality and groups, etc than men are.

So how can they be both more materialistic yet more spiritual than men at the same time?

Are these completely different types of women? Maybe but I'm sure many of the same women apply to both categories as well.
Yup. Polar opposites usually.

Spiritual women tend to be more authentic and humane where the shallow materialistic types are just like their credit cards. Plastic!
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Much like blacks, women are not spiritual. They are however prone to religiosity because to their feeble intellects the world is a wondrous black box of mystery that just hands them stuff for free.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re:

Post by droid »

Winston wrote:
jamesbond wrote:Women are indeed more materialitic than men. They naturally are looking for the most finacially sound male to get involved with and marry. It is an evolutionary urge of the female to seek out the "high status" male and mate with him. Men are more promiscuous than women and women are more materialistic than men. It's all part of human nature.
I know, but how is it that they can also be more "spiritual" or "metaphysical" at the same time? They are more likely than men to go to psychic fairs, visit astrologers, read about astrology, go to psychics, be New Age, etc. Isn't that ironic?

Maybe since they lack the ability to be logical, they have to rely on intuitive powers, which play a larger role in psychic and New Age stuff?

I guess they want the best of both worlds, having the best of the materialistic life and comforts, and the best of the spiritual life at the same time.

In other words, they don't want to be humble and abandon their ego. lol
It's mostly the ones that have somehow secured plenty of resources that turn to that stuff. Women really busting *ss for a living don't even have time for that.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?