Toe In The Water

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Toe In The Water

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
Don't worry, a massive SHTF event is coming soon, you'll never want to come back to California. Also, take all your money out of your US bank account(Mexican ATM Machine) once you get down there. The US markets will crash this fall but the real "party" won't start until next year. I just left a few months ago, a move I will not soon regret.
Thanks. That's my rough assessment as well. Bring Romney in so Bubba will buy into it all... when they close the straits of Hormuz, oil is $400 per barrel, gas is $12 per gallon, "viper" teams are on the interstates to enforce ride-sharing, and to search for Mexican illegals lacking new mandatory ID's, and to search for guns.

I can't tell you how hard it is to get out of here. Resistance from everyone. Feels so f***ing alone. And I am someone who is used to teamwork, joint effort etc. - a failing of mine. So going against everyone's opinion, I find like trying to sprint though waist-deep molasses.

i know you're in the Phils... what do you think of my plan to use Mexico as a first step? Any regrets per your comment on fschmidt's thread?
Taco wrote:The most polite people overall would be Filipinos, they will politely lie to you and cheat you any chance they get.
At the risk of hijacking my own thread... How come you chose Phils over Latin America, anyway?

I do have some connections for use of address etc.... and in case of any problems... also have connections in Thailand, Armenia, etc for legal, citizenship... Don't want to use connections though, prefer to save them for a rainy day... Plus I'm good at making friends anywhere, what the hell...

MX and Phils seem like the best non-Anglo non-euro places to just show up easily and do business easily i think... With appropriate permissions and "endorsements" of course...

I know MX is CIA/narco influenced, no illusions there...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:From this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=94403#94403
royaldude wrote:i live in central mex, most of central mex has great weather states like guanajanto, michoacan, guerro, jalisco as long as your not right on the coast.
you can see weather conditions year round on weatherbase.com
Thanks

Based on climate, currently considering:

Jalisco
Lake Chapala/Ajijic (too many old Amricans including AW?)
Guadalajara (real city; good internet "latency" time to U.S.)

Oaxaca
Oaxaca (too primitive?)

Guanajuato

Guanajuato (pedestrian city)

Michoacan

Morelia (met a stunning and intelligent girl from there)

I welcome any input.

I have been to all of those places. Cuties lining up for me in Oaxaca, gf in Michoacan, best buddies in Guanajuato, and more buddies in Jalisco. We should talk more after I get back from China. :wink:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
Jester wrote:From this thread:
viewtopic.php?p=94403#94403
royaldude wrote:i live in central mex, most of central mex has great weather states like guanajanto, michoacan, guerro, jalisco as long as your not right on the coast.
you can see weather conditions year round on weatherbase.com
Thanks

Based on climate, currently considering:

Jalisco

Oaxaca
Oaxaca (too primitive?)

Guanajuato

Michoacan

I welcome any input.

I have been to all of those places. Cuties lining up for me in Oaxaca, gf in Michoacan, best buddies in Guanajuato, and more buddies in Jalisco. We should talk more after I get back from China. :wink:
Definitely. Here in Glendale, at an Armo place, my treat. Or maybe down South.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Headed south tonight, to TIJ.

My mood is improving already!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

Good luck, Jester! Your plans sound good!

I am sure you'll succeed at learning Spanish if you're motivated!

The key to succeeding in any foreign country is making friends with the locals because they will tell you all the important local information and can just be fun to be with.

Buena suerte amigo! :D
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

jester i wouldnt bother with the f3 visa unless you want to work for a mexican company. also its easier to get in mex. once you get a place here and have utility bill you can show and also have certain amount of money in bank they will give you one here. i dont bother i just do border runs every 180 days and get fresh tourist visa. if i were you i would rethink selling real estate unless you are very fluent because you would be dealing with mexicans selling there place to gringos so fluency would help. i would also recommend central mex because the climate is like springtime year round so you save on aircon or heating.
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback. (The Dude)

the dude abides
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:Headed south tonight, to TIJ.

My mood is improving already!
Back after midnight last night.

Mexico es un como un sueno -- like a dream. Not everything is perfect, but from everything -- you learn.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jackal wrote:
The key to succeeding in any foreign country is making friends with the locals because they will tell you all the important local information and can just be fun to be with.

Buena suerte amigo! :D
Muchas gracias amigo!

I it is so true. Stayed with a family in a tiny cute casita in a gated little colonia, as I was unloading the car, a neighbor approached asking or a favor. Ohshit, I thought, he's going to ask for money. Nope. Needed help with a difficult English lesson.

Young mamacitas con ninos in mexico seem to assume a tall gringo estranero is a sex tourist. But once you are known to be with a local, they are open and friendly.

Nice people, noone there is uptight about sounding cool. People are just who they are, so you can also be likewise. GOD that is different from L.A., where being embarrassingly uncool is worse than death.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:jester i wouldnt bother with the f3 visa unless you want to work for a mexican company. also its easier to get in mex.
I know you're right on this. Still, it was easier than expected at the consulate.

royaldude wrote: once you get a place here and have utility bill you can show and also have certain amount of money in bank they will give you one here.
Just curious -- what amount?

royaldude wrote: i dont bother i just do border runs every 180 days and get fresh tourist visa.
I know what u mean. But I do not like the USSA guvmnt, and it's mutual. I hope they ease off, so I can always visit freely.

royaldude wrote: if i were you i would rethink selling real estate unless you are very fluent because you would be dealing with mexicans selling there place to gringos so fluency would help.
True. A real estate agent DOES have to communicate with the seller. Lousy Spanish would only work for selling properties owned by developers or other gringos.

Very good point actually. Kind of helps me choose where to go! Developers who speak English - or gringos ready to sell. Interesting.

royaldude wrote: i would also recommend central mex because the climate is like springtime year round so you save on aircon or heating.
Fully agree. TJ was ridiculously hot. Thinking of Ajijic. Where do you suggest?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Jester wrote:
All_That_Is_Man wrote:Jester, I see that you've been rethinking to previous decision to "stay put." :lol:
Yeah, flip-flopping like a fish. Kinda embarrassing!
:oops:
Still easy to second-guess myself. I was just down there, and though fun, still, nothing is as nice as my life up here. Up here I live in the perfect place, in the perfect part-Armenian immigrant-friendly upscale city in Southern Cali.

Everything is perfect here.

Except that I live alone.
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

ajjic is full of retired people most areas around lake chapala are. the only plus is its got great weather but everything will be more expensive as many retired americans live there. i dont know how old you are but im young and dont have a lot in common with 70 yr old retired couples. so i would never move there.

about the us govt. THEY HAVE TO LET YOU IN. if your american crossing the border they will let you in. last time they saw my passport every page practically used up. they asked what i do. i told them i dont work. they didnt like that answer so they put me in a little room searched my stuff. i didnt give in they keep asking what i do for work i said i dont work. but once they search you they let you in. it sucks but it was only 5 minutes. not a big deal for the priviledge of living in mexico. also travel by bus is not bad in mexico very comfortable bus lines and far cheaper than flying. for utility bill it doesnt have to have to be a set ammount it just verifies you live in mexico.

btw tijuana is a shit hole ask any mexican its not very indicative of the rest of mexico. i love mexico but i would never live in tijuana

the dude abides
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

for the money in bank i havent dont this but my understanding is show you have more than 1-2 thousand for like 3 months in your checking account

the dude abides
royaldude
Freshman Poster

Post by royaldude »

to live
Jalisco

Oaxaca
Oaxaca (too primitive?)

Guanajuato

Michoacan

these states are good but also have smaller towns you could live

pull up list of mexican cities in wikipedia from there figure out how big of a city you want
then check on the climate www.weatherbase.com to verify if its the weather you want

as a rule further south you go in mexico more indeginous the look of the women so keep that in mind. dont know what type of girl your into

the dude abides
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:ajjic is full of retired people most areas around lake chapala are. the only plus is its got great weather but everything will be more expensive as many retired americans live there. i dont know how old you are but im young and dont have a lot in common with 70 yr old retired couples. so i would never move there.
I want to be around guys who are still chasing bucks and skirts. Friends I have something in common with. Not ready to sit on the porch. Maybe Ajijic ain't it then.
royaldude wrote:about the us govt. THEY HAVE TO LET YOU IN. if your american crossing the border they will let you in.
I know that, was just referring to maybe not coming back to U.S. if they increase the level of TSA travel controls, random ID checks, etc. I am pretty sure they would knock on my door if they tried martial law. Anything worse than things are at present, and I will not come back at all.
royaldude wrote: last time they saw my passport every page practically used up. they asked what i do. i told them i dont work. they didnt like that answer so they put me in a little room searched my stuff. i didnt give in they keep asking what i do for work i said i dont work. but once they search you they let you in. it sucks but it was only 5 minutes. not a big deal for the priviledge of living in mexico.
+1
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

royaldude wrote:
as a rule further south you go in mexico more indeginous the look of the women so keep that in mind. dont know what type of girl your into
slender legs (the long kind) with a round bubble butt, big or small, and wide hips. older people call this "dancer's legs". two women I fell for have run hurdles - athletic but not rough, toned legs, well-developed glutes. cup size B preferred, but A or C ok. basically northern european / mediterranean face and body, but dark skin is okay.