Momopi, HOT Taiwanese girl I met! What should I do?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

celery2010 wrote:Had to post this here as well:

Well this fat, unattractive guy was able to find a nice cute girl

http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/pictures ... riend.html
Momopi,
I was meaning to ask you: Last weekend in Taichung at a big mall, I saw TONS of hot girls with long white legs, with mediocre guys. One of the guys was even short and bald, yet he was with a tall girl that I could only dream of. WTF? How can this be?

Furthermore, does this mean that getting a hot girl in Taiwan is easy? If so, why can't I get one? Esp since I'm a million times more interesting than the average Taiwanese guy, no doubt!

How can it be that hot girls in Taiwan are like grains of sand on a beach, yet I can't even get one? WTF?! That's the ultimate insult!

Also, why is it that almost all Taiwan girls like to show off their long legs by wearing short jeans or short skirts, yet they don't allow anyone to touch them? It's like they enjoy torturing guys.

Moreover, not even their boyfriend/date seems to try to touch them. How are Taiwanese guys able to control their desires like that? Do they not like hot legs? How come Taiwanese guys never cop feels off their date or girlfriend or rub their sexy skin? They seem happy to just sit and talk and not touch women. Rock noticed this and commented on it too. Why is that? Weird.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

WTF are you smoking?! That guy is just a college student. How much do you want to bet that I have a lot more money than he does in my bank account? He can't even afford to travel, like I can.

God are you stupid or what?

He is just skinny. That doesn't mean he is in shape. I could easily kick his ass. Wanna bet money on it?

His dress is nothing special. Anyone can dress in business attire. I dress like that too, but not everyday, only in business occasions. Duh. Are you stupid?

He does not beat me on money. Why do you think he has more money? He's just a student. God are you stupid? I can easily outspend a college stupid.

He is just thinner and younger. That's all. That's his only advantage over me.

I am a million times more interesting than an average weak timid dull Taiwanese guy. Every western girl I've talked to here agrees, and says that Taiwanese guys are the lamest dullest most boring guys they've ever met, and that they'd never consider dating a typical one.

Celery, are you f***ing stupid? What are you smoking? Why are you BSing and saying things that aren't true?

You are just like this girl saying: I am way more interesting than "Jessica Alba or random babe". She's just thinner and younger. I'm a million times more interesting than the average brainless sorority sister. Everyone agrees.

Now honestly, do you prefer this chick or Jessica Alba? If this chick approached you on the street, what could she do to get your interest and attention.

Even if IT IS COMPLETELY TRUE, how does that as a trait make you more attractive to the opposite sex?

You said that you have an IQ of 120. Again what you need to do is "get yourself out there". Get yourself in social situations where you platonically meet a lot of women. In some of those situations, perhaps you can impress a woman when her guard is down.

You should consider joining some type of organization in Taiwan, volunteer or get a job teaching English. Or if you are truly serious about a relationship leading to marriage, go to a church in Taiwan, show your devotion, show her that you are a good guy and pray your heart out.

And yes, this actually works in taiwan and other east asian countries. get to know a nice girl (not too far out of your league) and show your devotion to her. Over time, she'll start becoming more open to you and if you are lucky, she will date and marry you.

Or again, goto China or other parts of SE Asia.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

Here are two famous dramas from Japan showing dopey guys getting beautiful women by showing devotion and consideration over time:

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/101st_Marriage_Proposal
101st Marriage Proposal: This is a true Beauty and the Beast story and it's a very good heartwarming drama series

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_Otoko_(drama)
Densha Otoko : A computer geek gets a beautiful woman and famously asks online message boards for advice in the dating process

The problem is that I think this is an area that Winston still needs to work on. I doubt you have the true earnestness and devotion befitting a native born Asian.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Momopi,
I was meaning to ask you: Last weekend in Taichung at a big mall, I saw TONS of hot girls with long white legs, with mediocre guys. One of the guys was even short and bald, yet he was with a tall girl that I could only dream of. WTF? How can this be?
Furthermore, does this mean that getting a hot girl in Taiwan is easy? If so, why can't I get one? Esp since I'm a million times more interesting than the average Taiwanese guy, no doubt!
How can it be that hot girls in Taiwan are like grains of sand on a beach, yet I can't even get one? WTF?! That's the ultimate insult!
Also, why is it that almost all Taiwan girls like to show off their long legs by wearing short jeans or short skirts, yet they don't allow anyone to touch them? It's like they enjoy torturing guys.
Moreover, not even their boyfriend/date seems to try to touch them. How are Taiwanese guys able to control their desires like that? Do they not like hot legs? How come Taiwanese guys never cop feels off their date or girlfriend or rub their sexy skin? They seem happy to just sit and talk and not touch women. Rock noticed this and commented on it too. Why is that? Weird.
1. Did you find an opportunity to ask the guy or the girl how they meet and hooked up?

2. Do you assume everyone else have leg/foot fetish? When guys score second base it usually means they fondaled the girlfriends breasts and not legs. That sort of stuff should be done in private, where shorts and panties drop behind closed doors. Who do you think is supporting Taiwan's love motel industry?

3. Are you on schedule for China trip?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

celery2010 wrote:

WTF are you smoking?! That guy is just a college student. How much do you want to bet that I have a lot more money than he does in my bank account? He can't even afford to travel, like I can.

God are you stupid or what?

He is just skinny. That doesn't mean he is in shape. I could easily kick his ass. Wanna bet money on it?

His dress is nothing special. Anyone can dress in business attire. I dress like that too, but not everyday, only in business occasions. Duh. Are you stupid?

He does not beat me on money. Why do you think he has more money? He's just a student. God are you stupid? I can easily outspend a college stupid.

He is just thinner and younger. That's all. That's his only advantage over me.

I am a million times more interesting than an average weak timid dull Taiwanese guy. Every western girl I've talked to here agrees, and says that Taiwanese guys are the lamest dullest most boring guys they've ever met, and that they'd never consider dating a typical one.

Celery, are you f***ing stupid? What are you smoking? Why are you BSing and saying things that aren't true?

You are just like this girl saying: I am way more interesting than "Jessica Alba or random babe". She's just thinner and younger. I'm a million times more interesting than the average brainless sorority sister. Everyone agrees.

Now honestly, do you prefer this chick or Jessica Alba? If this chick approached you on the street, what could she do to get your interest and attention.

Even if IT IS COMPLETELY TRUE, how does that as a trait make you more attractive to the opposite sex?

You said that you have an IQ of 120. Again what you need to do is "get yourself out there". Get yourself in social situations where you platonically meet a lot of women. In some of those situations, perhaps you can impress a woman when her guard is down.

You should consider joining some type of organization in Taiwan, volunteer or get a job teaching English. Or if you are truly serious about a relationship leading to marriage, go to a church in Taiwan, show your devotion, show her that you are a good guy and pray your heart out.

And yes, this actually works in taiwan and other east asian countries. get to know a nice girl (not too far out of your league) and show your devotion to her. Over time, she'll start becoming more open to you and if you are lucky, she will date and marry you.

Or again, goto China or other parts of SE Asia.
WTF are you smoking? LOL. If you think that nerdy guy is comparable to Jessica Alba, then you are insane and whacked and beyond help. Did you take a good look at him? How is he the equivalent of Jessica Alba? Everyone here should be laughing at you right now. That's like comparing me to Brad Pitt. LOL

You missed the point. You were wrong that that guy has looks and money over me. When I was thinner, I was better looking than him. My face is more interesting than is. And he is a college student that either has little money, or is working an entry level job making 30,000 or 40,000NT, while I am making 60,000NT in passive income per month from this site. How does he have more money than me? You aren't making sense. You are talking out of your ass.

Aren't you ashamed to make such ridiculous and unfounded statements that don't even make sense and aren't even accurate? Sheesh.

I've met a ton of women in Taiwan already, but the thing is, the ones that are my type are not the ones that like me. That's the problem I've had my whole life. Meeting more women does not undo this Murphy's Law. It merely reinforces it.
Last edited by Winston on September 9th, 2012, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
1. Did you find an opportunity to ask the guy or the girl how they meet and hooked up?

2. Do you assume everyone else have leg/foot fetish? When guys score second base it usually means they fondaled the girlfriends breasts and not legs. That sort of stuff should be done in private, where shorts and panties drop behind closed doors. Who do you think is supporting Taiwan's love motel industry?

None of those three points address any of my questions above. Why do you have a predilection for irrelevancy? Spock said that to Dr. McCoy in Star Trek The Motion Picture.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:Also, why is it that almost all Taiwan girls like to show off their long legs by wearing short jeans or short skirts, yet they don't allow anyone to touch them? It's like they enjoy torturing guys.
Winston this is not only true for Taiwanese girls, but for any female specimen on the planet. And there's a reason why girls who dress up or show some skin won't allow men to touch them. It's not for them they do it. If you ask a honest girl why she does that, she will probably tell you that 75% of the reason why she dresses sexy is to compete with other girls. Women are narcissistic by nature, and if they have a fashion or aesthetic statement to make in front of their peers, they won't miss a chance to make it, and often bitch about the outcome of the "challenge". Have you ever asked yourself why, after getting a new fashion item or a brand new dress, girls are desperate for a quality evening out, a dinner in classy restaurant or an theatre evening? For them possessing something new that makes them look up to date with the latest fashion, classier, or more beautiful only matters when they have one or more opportunities to show it off.

Funny as I was talking to a good friend of mine about this just last week, with his girlfriend and Monica present. He's French and his gf Polish. So, 4 people from 4 different cultures. Everybody saw a match with their own experience and agreed. We even made a funny/nerdy comparison with the wave-particle theory, that female beauty only starts to exists when observed in a social situation, and collapses into a wave of potential when not observed. We concluded that this explain why girls can look at their weirdest soon before going to bed and just woken up. :lol:
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:Moreover, not even their boyfriend/date seems to try to touch them. How are Taiwanese guys able to control their desires like that? Do they not like hot legs? How come Taiwanese guys never cop feels off their date or girlfriend or rub their sexy skin? They seem happy to just sit and talk and not touch women. Rock noticed this and commented on it too. Why is that? Weird.
I think that's part of the Asian culture of being polite and distant in public, and only give in to some displays of affection and sensuality when drunk on in intimate social situations (eg. late night karaoke bars with best couple friends etc.). This usually doesn't mean still water won't run deep. And I think that involves a lot of bottled-up sexual frustration on the young men's sides.

I have seen this a lot in Japan. There's an expression in Japan that roughly translates as "blue balls", which refers to young men, students usually, being titillated at school and on the street and piling up frustrated fantasies to the point that they just have to act on them, usually in a harmless way. This is where all the fantasy hotels and massage parlours come useful...

When I was in Osaka in 2005, I noticed there was a lot of casual sex among Japanese and between Japanese and gaikokujins behind closed doors. Girls would usually get a bit tipsy, then flirt or be flirted and then hold hands with the boy and pop to the toilets. And since most of the popular micro-bars I used to hang out are basically converted residential apartments, the toilet door is usually quite visible from the bar/lounge area, which means it was clear to everyone what happened when boy and girl walked out together from the same door, still holding hands and giggling.
Last edited by publicduende on September 9th, 2012, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:
momopi wrote:

None of those three points address any of my questions above. Why do you have a predilection for irrelevancy? Spock said that to Dr. McCoy in Star Trek The Motion Picture.

1. What part did you not understand?

2. If you are unsuccessful at a task while others succeed, is it not logical to inquire how others are succeeding directly? If I went fishing and the guy next to me was catching fish, I would ask what bait he's using instead of going online to ask someone living in another country across the Pacific Ocean.

3. Did you not understand that physical intimacy is done in private? If I took my 5 year old goddaughter to the park and find a young couple dry humping each other on a park bench, I'd tell them to get a room. Heck if the guy said he was short, I'd spot him a $20.

4. Have you considered how many times you said "tall" and "hot legs" or "feet" on your forum versus other members? When guys take their dates back to their place, heavy make-out sessions usually means fondling the breasts (2nd base) and kitty (3rd base). If you're into legs and feet/toes, that's you. I don't "cop a feel" with my dates at the restaurant -- why give yourself an erection in a public place where you can't do anything? I'd take her back to my place so I can cop a feel under her bra and panties. The best place for a pair of pretty legs is up in the air, wrapped behind my back and bouncing up and down.

5. How many week's worth of social/dating experience have you had in TW so far? Are you expecting the same results as someone who spent months or years in TW's social scene?

6. Again, are you on schedule for your China trip?
Last edited by momopi on September 9th, 2012, 2:56 pm, edited 6 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

momopi wrote:2. If you are unsuccessful at a task while others succeed, is it not logical to inquire how others are succeeding directly? If I went fishing and the guy next to me was catching fish, I would ask what bait he's using instead of going online to ask someone living in another country across the Pacific Ocean.
I had to show this to my wife, a laugh too good not to be shared!! :lol: :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
Question: You said that Taiwanese girls aren't that conservative because they will check into love motels with their boyfriends to do their intimate thing. Is that really a basis for saying that they aren't conservative? lol. How do you account for the following, which says otherwise?

1. In Taiwan, girls won't let you kiss their hand if you are not their boyfriend. This is weird, because in other countries, women don't have a problem with a man kissing their hand. It's a gentlemenly thing and sign of respect and admiration. Even the Queen of England would let me kiss her hand. Sheesh. So why is it considered so improper and bad in Taiwan to kiss a girl's hand? It's definitely prudish and uptight for sure. So how is that "not conservative"?

2. In Taiwan, flirting is considered taboo and the behavior of creepy people. Why is that? How is that "not conservative"?

3. In Taiwan, if you like a girl, you can't just ask her out directly. Instead, you have to play these mind games that do not follow any linear logic. WTF? Why can't you just ask a girl out? Even Rock, when he was introduced to two attractive girls by my friend in Taichung (who has a thing for me and refuses to introduce me to anyone), could not just ask them out directly for some reason. Although is an experienced expert in Taiwan affairs, not even he can just simply ask a girl "When are you free? Would you like to hang out?" Why? And again, how is that "not conservative"?

4. In Taiwan, you have to act super innocent to fit into the vibe. You can't act like a horny man with desires. lol. Innocence is the key in Taiwan, so much so that even fake innocence is better than no innocence. Now again, how is that not conservative? Isn't innocence an aspect of being conservative?

Can you please answer these questions without sidetracking into an irrelevant wisecrack? lol
Last edited by Winston on September 12th, 2012, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:2. If you are unsuccessful at a task while others succeed, is it not logical to inquire how others are succeeding directly? If I went fishing and the guy next to me was catching fish, I would ask what bait he's using instead of going online to ask someone living in another country across the Pacific Ocean.
I already explained it to you. If you ask girls how they met their boyfriends, they will just say that they met them through school or friends, or whatever, and then they clicked. It's a pretty standard response. What will I learn from that that I can use to my advantage? How will that help me understand why I can't get any hot girls in Taiwan? It won't.

Don't you get that?! Why ask questions about obvious things? It's not rocket science. You aren't being logical here.
Last edited by Winston on September 12th, 2012, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Momopi,
Did you see this question I asked you earlier in this thread?

"Momopi,
I have a serious and puzzling question for you.

During the past 6 or 7 days, Rock and I met a lot of girls in Taiwan out in public, both in clean and seedy places. Some of them were introduced to Rock by a Chinese woman I'm seeing too.

But the thing is, even if our interaction with them was friendly, cordial, and we got good vibes from them, still, Rock refused to call or text them the next few days and ask them to meet us again. He said he either got mixed vibes, or that it wasn't appropriate to be that forward in Taiwan.

I've even experienced instances where a Taiwanese girl I met was friendly to me on cell phone messaging, but as soon as I asked her out, she became cold and distant, as if asking them out is a sin or something. It's like I break some rule by asking them out. Sheesh. (WTF? So weird.)

This reminds me, it does seem that Taiwanese girls don't like it when I ask them out directly, even if the initial meeting was friendly and positive. So maybe Rock is right. But why is that? Can you explain this to me? Obviously, if this "social rule" even applies to Rock, who is fairly tall and handsome and white, then it's an objective social rule that doesn't just apply to me.

What I'm saying is that if I have a positive friendly meeting or interaction with a girl, I can't just contact her the next day and say, "It was nice meeting you. You are pretty cool. What are you up to? Are you free tomorrow? Maybe we can meet for coffee or something." like I can in the rest of the "normal world".

So how can you meet them again or date anyone, for that matter, if you aren't allowed to ask them out directly? I don't get it. Are you supposed to chat with them forever and wait til they offer to meet you again? What if they never do? How is it supposed to work in Taiwan?

You know, I've heard of moving slow, but if you can't even ask them to meet again... um gee, that's crazy... and seems unwinnable. What gives?!

Furthermore, why do many people say that it's easy to get a girlfriend in Taiwan, when you aren't even allowed to ask girls out directly, but instead have to play complicated mind/social games that are above the head of most guys? It doesn't make any sense! I keep asking this question over and over again, but no one has given me an answer.

Case in point: My Chinese lady friend introduced Rock to two young attractive tall Taiwanese girls, both of whom gave Rock positive vibes and signaled an interest in getting to know him. However, in spite of that, Rock refused to message them to ask for another meeting. One girl he thought was too innocent, and the other gave him mixed signals (though I thought I saw positive signals from her).

So again, if this applies to Rock too, then obviously it's not something that's wrong with me. I witnessed this problem over and over again firsthand last week. So I know it's not my imagination, regardless of what anyone says.

Obviously, asking girls out in Taiwan or dating them is a lot more complicated than I thought. It's like you have to play some kind of mind game, like in the US, except you have to be much more subtle and innocent at it here. You can't just say "Let's go out" and then arrange a meeting.

What this means is that overall, one can meet many friendly Taiwanese girls if you have the patience to chat them up and talk about inane lighthearted things for a while. However, escalating it into a second meeting from there, or trying to take things to the next level, is a whole different ballgame, one that is very complicated and unclear. Not easy at all.

So my question Momopi is, how do you play the dating game in Taiwan, given the above? Can you explain this, without another irrelevant wisecrack or spin that deviates from the question at hand? This is a serious question that I really want answers to.

Thanks."

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Momopi,

"Momopi,
I have a serious and puzzling question for you.

During the past 6 or 7 days, Rock and I met a lot of girls in Taiwan out in public, both in clean and seedy places. Some of them were introduced to Rock by a Chinese woman I'm seeing too.

But the thing is, even if our interaction with them was friendly, cordial, and we got good vibes from them, still, Rock refused to call or text them the next few days and ask them to meet us again. He said he either got mixed vibes, or that it wasn't appropriate to be that forward in Taiwan.

I've even experienced instances where a Taiwanese girl I met was friendly to me on cell phone messaging, but as soon as I asked her out, she became cold and distant, as if asking them out is a sin or something. It's like I break some rule by asking them out. Sheesh. (WTF? So weird.)

This reminds me, it does seem that Taiwanese girls don't like it when I ask them out directly, even if the initial meeting was friendly and positive. So maybe Rock is right. But why is that? Can you explain this to me? Obviously, if this "social rule" even applies to Rock, who is fairly tall and handsome and white, then it's an objective social rule that doesn't just apply to me.

What I'm saying is that if I have a positive friendly meeting or interaction with a girl, I can't just contact her the next day and say, "It was nice meeting you. You are pretty cool. What are you up to? Are you free tomorrow? Maybe we can meet for coffee or something." like I can in the rest of the "normal world".

So how can you meet them again or date anyone, for that matter, if you aren't allowed to ask them out directly? I don't get it. Are you supposed to chat with them forever and wait til they offer to meet you again? What if they never do? How is it supposed to work in Taiwan?

You know, I've heard of moving slow, but if you can't even ask them to meet again... um gee, that's crazy... and seems unwinnable. What gives?!

Furthermore, why do many people say that it's easy to get a girlfriend in Taiwan, when you aren't even allowed to ask girls out directly, but instead have to play complicated mind/social games that are above the head of most guys? It doesn't make any sense! I keep asking this question over and over again, but no one has given me an answer.

Case in point: My Chinese lady friend introduced Rock to two young attractive tall Taiwanese girls, both of whom gave Rock positive vibes and signaled an interest in getting to know him. However, in spite of that, Rock refused to message them to ask for another meeting. One girl he thought was too innocent, and the other gave him mixed signals (though I thought I saw positive signals from her).

So again, if this applies to Rock too, then obviously it's not something that's wrong with me. I witnessed this problem over and over again firsthand last week. So I know it's not my imagination, regardless of what anyone says.

Obviously, asking girls out in Taiwan or dating them is a lot more complicated than I thought. It's like you have to play some kind of mind game, like in the US, except you have to be much more subtle and innocent at it here. You can't just say "Let's go out" and then arrange a meeting.

What this means is that overall, one can meet many friendly Taiwanese girls if you have the patience to chat them up and talk about inane lighthearted things for a while. However, escalating it into a second meeting from there, or trying to take things to the next level, is a whole different ballgame, one that is very complicated and unclear. Not easy at all.

So my question Momopi is, how do you play the dating game in Taiwan, given the above? Can you explain this, without another irrelevant wisecrack or spin that deviates from the question at hand? This is a serious question that I really want answers to.

Thanks."
Winston, I'll let Momopi respond as he likes. But from my side I wanna explain the logic behind my actions (I actually explained this in another thread but perhaps u missed it):

Ling Ling introduced 2 gals to me - one working in her parents' restaurant and other she met at her work.

First issue to consider, girls both very young - one just 20-21 and other about 25. I believe its best to go slow and somewhat passive w/this age group unless u are 20s too. But w/go between like Ling Ling, u can speed things up in some circumstances. However, there were issues w/both of these gals that held me back:

Far Eastone girl: I tested her when when I went to sit with her. I got the clear gut feeling she was not interested and that turned out to be right even though Ling Ling thought otherwise for awhile.

Restaurant gal:

Several reasons -

1. Ling Ling warned me that she is a 'good girl' so don't pursue unless I am likely serious

2. Works in restaurant almost all days to only way to hang with her is under the watch of her parents in that venue

3. Somewhat too thin for me even tho she has a cute face and is tall

4. Didn't seem very bright, not clued in to a lot of things outside her small town life even tho she appeared sweet and well behaved. In contrast, Ling Ling has a much more engaging and outgoing personality with an easy sense of humor.

Ann also introduced me to an older gal in Taipei and wants to introduce me to another one when she gets back from China. Now first one was quite scared. But I can still be a lot more direct and fast with her since she's in her 30s if I am interested. Ditto for other one.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Question: You said that Taiwanese girls aren't that conservative because they will check into love motels with their boyfriends to do their intimate thing. Is that really a basis for saying that they aren't conservative? lol. How do you account for the following, which says otherwise?
1. In Taiwan, girls won't let you kiss their hand if you are not their boyfriend. This is weird, because in other countries, women don't have a problem with a man kissing their hand. It's a gentlemenly thing and sign of respect and admiration. Even the Queen of England would let me kiss her hand. Sheesh. So why is it considered so improper and bad in Taiwan to kiss a girl's hand? It's definitely prudish and uptight for sure. So how is that "not conservative"?
2. In Taiwan, flirting is considered taboo and the behavior of creepy people. Why is that? How is that "not conservative"?
(snip)
What I said:
viewtopic.php?p=95166&highlight=#95166

Conservative in public, not so conservative in private with their boyfriends. A real conservative girl values her virginity, and real conservative parents wouldn't allow their unmarried daughter to go on trips with her BF, knowing that they'd be sleeping together. If you're looking to debate on what "conservative" means, find someone else with more time to waste. Kissing the hand in greeting is not an East Asian custom, I don't see why East Asians have to confirm to every silly foreign custom. And NO, it's NOT OK for you to kiss the Queens hand (see: http://anthropologyworks.com/index.php/ ... for-grabs/).

I also don't see why you can't flirt with girls in private conversation, if she likes you and is receptive to it. I've had couple TW girls sent me photos in suggestive poses with the message "I don't want you to DIY to someone else". Quoting your words (viewtopic.php?p=14229&highlight=momopi+zen#14229), you should take the effort to "create a good rapport or good mood and energy with them" first. How fast this can be done depends on how well you click with her. And if you're not clicking, why force it?

Winston wrote: I already explained it to you. If you ask girls how they met their boyfriends, they will just say that they met them through school or friends, or whatever, and then they clicked. It's a pretty standard response. What will I learn from that that I can use to my advantage? How will that help me understand why I can't get any hot girls in Taiwan? It won't.
First, you're the one who asked "How did a nerdy looking plain guy like him get a cutie like that?" in this thread.

Second, is "how did you two meet" not a good conversation starter to get to know people better, build friendships, and expand your social network in TW? Girls have single female friends, school mates, coworkers, and relatives. Just because the girl is dating someone today, doesn't mean that she's not looking for someone better tomorrow. You should already know all this.

(snip)
Your question of "how do you play the dating game in TW" and its answer has already been discussed here:
viewtopic.php?p=93790&highlight=#93790
viewtopic.php?p=14229&highlight=momopi+zen#14229

As you know, I do not reside in TW. When I visit TW I am the visitor. As the guest, it's the girl's responsibility as host to take me to places in her city. The ones that I have no chemistry with would have already been filtered out months prior. When you talk to the girl on IM or Skype over weeks or months, you'll find out exactly how interesting you really are to her.

Now, let's examine your statement here:
Winston wrote: What I'm saying is that if I have a positive friendly meeting or interaction with a girl, I can't just contact her the next day and say, "It was nice meeting you. You are pretty cool. What are you up to? Are you free tomorrow? Maybe we can meet for coffee or something." like I can in the rest of the "normal world".
If the girl has given you her IM or phone #, then she has given you an opportunity to chat her up and see if you two will click. It's an opportunity for you to "create a good rapport or good mood and energy" with her. When you say "hey let's meet for a coffee", this is what she sees in her mind:

If I called up a girl (here in CA) and wanted to ask her out, I'd blab like this: "blah blah blah... oh yeah I found this great sushi place, they have this nigiri called shrimp boat... NO it's not a sushi boat... it's sweet amaebi shrimp sitting on top of a nigri, cut in the center to rest a beautiful yellow quail egg yoke, garnished with beautiful reddish masago roe, with dash of tabasco sauce and green onions on top... OMG, when you bite into it, the burst of flavor and texture is incredible, like having an orgasm on your tongue..." Do this well enough that she'd be yelling "Hey I wanna eat that...!" I did this to a girl, took her to the restaurant, and ended up having to take her parents the following week after she raved about it at home.

So, you know that I don't live in TW. Hypothetically, if I were to move to TW today and had my own place, I'd consider going to the department store to procure a convection oven, and order a bunch of cupcake baking supplies. Baking cupcakes is like low-skill level stuff. I'd bake a bunch of mini cupcakes in various flavors and call up the girl and blab about it, then ask her to taste test it and see if the stuff would sell in TW. Great thing about mini cupcakes is that they fit into egg cartons and they're easy to decorate (not a lot of surface area to squeeze stuff onto anyway). If the girl won't come over for freshly baked delicious cupcakes then I can deliver. If things go well she'd end up coming over to my kitchen to help (and eat) for fun, and cupcakes will turn into lamb racks with rosemary herbed crust & mint sauce for dinner & movie on my couch. I have NO idea if any of this would work, but it's an example of the direction that I'd take. Heck if it works out I could start another fad in TW and sell franchises.

Do you understand where the sushi and the cupcakes fit in "create good rapport or good mood and energy" ? Do better than "a cup of coffee", please.