HANDSOME Winston: New photos and clothes - What do you all think? lol

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote:I've been eating only one meal a day and losing some weight.
However, 2/3 of the way through this video on male shaming tactics, Steve Hoca explains why losing weight or getting in shape isn't going to make you more attractive with women, because looks is 90 percent from the neck up. He gives some examples and makes some good points. What do you think?
I think the same applies to clothes too. If Steve is right, then all the talk in this thread is just a waste of time isn't it?
1. The primary reason for eating less and exercising more should be to improve your health and reduce your chance of heart attack. Like Spock said in Star Trek, to live long and prosper.

2. Attracting women should not be the first or primary reason. However, your weight does affect how you look above the neck. You can take a handsome man with symmetrical facial features, make him 100 lbs overweight, and he'd become much less attractive, huffing and puffing from just walking across the parking lot.
A. Yes, losing a lot of weight will generally change the face for most people. Take an 32 BMI obese guy with a bloated round face and multiple chins. If he is able to slim down to a 25 BMI, his face will likely become more angular and those multiples chins will become one. Now if someone goes the other extreme - say from 23 BMI to 16 and looses almost all their body fat, they might go from having a healthy looking face to an emaciated hollow and aged look.

Depending on circumstances, significant weight loss for certain overweight guys could lead to a much more attractive face. Round full faces on adult men are generally not appreciated (except for some exceptions who pull off that look well) where as slim faces strong angular jawlines and chins plus somewhat hollowed out mid faces are often seen on male models. I remember my ex showing me a photo of Emenim after he had gained like 30 lbs. giving him a bloated face. She said he went from hot to ugly.

B. I believe the correlation between facial symmetry and attractiveness is highly overestimated. Proportion (relative length to width, relative heights of upper, mid, and lower third, relative feature size, etc.) has a much higher correlation to beauty and attractiveness. If u take a very unattractive face and make it perfectly symmetrical (using either a mirror image of the left side or right side), its still going to be very unattractive in most cases. OTH, many very attractive faces have a significant and noticeable degree of asymmetry. Of course, an extreme degree of asymmetry will detract from looks but such cases are rare.

I even remember seeing a billboard photo of a western model for an international clothing brand in Bangkok with very obvious facial asymmetry (one side of face was higher and larger than the other). Yet he was very attractive and qualified to be a photo model.
The Illusive Man
Freshman Poster

Post by The Illusive Man »

Winston wrote:
chanta76 wrote:disagree with Steve Hoca. Looks are not all in the face. For example you see a woman with a nice figure but a butter face. I mean with a nice ass or body she still will get notice and there will be guys who would want her because of that.

Being shape will improve attraction. It's like going to the beach and you take your shirt off and show off those six pack abs..

For men it's combination of height and looking lean. Height is important..at least being over 5'9 is consider tall enough. If your short like me . I'm 5'7 ..you have have everything else in line. For me I am lean and good shape for my height. I try to dress as best as I can and look clean cut.
Yeah but that's for women. Men are held to different standards than women. Did you watch Steve Hoca's video above all the way through? He gives some good examples, such as Michael J Fox, a short thin guy who does not have a great body, but was adored by women for his pretty boy face.

Eurobrat, did you listen to what Steve Hoca said? He said that exercise and losing weight is good for your health only, but it's not going to create attraction from women. Listen to him when he explains why. It makes some sense.

You need to drop as much body fat as possible so your face looks better. Low body % is pretty important towards facial attractiveness.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

During our trip this past week, Rock asked a lot of girls we met, including some of my friends, about my buzz haircut. To his surprise, about 75 percent of the girls we asked said that I looked better with shorter hair, which they said looked trim and neat, agreeing with me, while only a few agreed with Rock that my hair looked better long! Well what do you know. lol. For once, the majority is on my side. :) I tried to explain to Rock that his opinion doesn't represent that of everyone in the universe. lol

Also, the lady who cut my hair said that there is no question that short and neat is better than long and fuzzy like a porcupine. She only made 100NT from my haircut, so I don't think she had a vested interest in saying that. She said it straight from the heart.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Illusive Man wrote:You need to drop as much body fat as possible so your face looks better. Low body % is pretty important towards facial attractiveness.
I think Winston looks very handsome in this picture! lol :lol:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

WorldTraveler wrote:
Winston wrote:

Who is the blond girl and what country is she from? When and where was this picture and the one of the flowers taken?
LOL Winston you megalomaniac. I'm gonna be real quick with this one. WorldTraveler, I know exactly where the second photo was taken. How? Cuz I was there this past summer and basically took the exact same photo. I'm guessing that our hero Winnie was there a while ago, as the railing and posts look rather outdated in this pic. They have since been completely replaced. Needless to say, the mountains in the back haven't moved.

WorldTraveler - as for the blonde girl - I'm guessing this was another one of Sir Winnie's snatch-n-run gambits: see female tourist, ask for photo, never see said female again :lol:

On a more serious note, why did you not just stay there Winston? It's a beautiful city in a beautiful country... plenty of beautiful women... why not stay there? Oh right you love TW too much. I see. Point taken.
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winston wrote:LOL. Yeah, I ought to put Repatriate on the Happier Abroad Team page and list his function as "Fashion Consultant", since he is very picky and has particular standards in fashion sense. It's a wonder he didn't work for a fashion magazine company in NYC. LOL

How do you know if my China adventures will be interesting enough to report on though? What if I go there, and everyone ignores me and treats me like I don't exist again, like in Taiwan? Then I'll be bitching and complaining again. LOL I sure hope not.
In literature, this is known as foreshadowing ;)
CerealKiller
Freshman Poster

Post by CerealKiller »

Winston wrote:Also, when I take photos of girls legs as they pass by, I notice that every time, the legs I photograph look wider on photo than I see in person. I've photographed thousands of hot skinny legs and have noticed that they do look fatter in photos.
WOW. Can you say pedophile? :roll:
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I'm more curious about who that hot blond chick is with Winston on that second photo.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Winston wrote:During our trip this past week, Rock asked a lot of girls we met, including some of my friends, about my buzz haircut. To his surprise, about 75 percent of the girls we asked said that I looked better with shorter hair, which they said looked trim and neat, agreeing with me, while only a few agreed with Rock that my hair looked better long! Well what do you know. lol. For once, the majority is on my side. :) I tried to explain to Rock that his opinion doesn't represent that of everyone in the universe. lol

Also, the lady who cut my hair said that there is no question that short and neat is better than long and fuzzy like a porcupine. She only made 100NT from my haircut, so I don't think she had a vested interest in saying that. She said it straight from the heart.
You've had a male make-over with your new hair & clothes. The world is your oyster!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Look at this good looking gay guy. He has really short neat trimmed hair too, similar to my haircut. Why is it that he looks great with really short hair like this, but on me it looks stupid and needs to grow longer? WTF? lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Look at this good looking gay guy. He has really short neat trimmed hair too, similar to my haircut. Why is it that he looks great with really short hair like this, but on me it looks stupid and needs to grow longer? WTF? lol
Usually, a very good looking to extremely handsome guy will look good no matter whether he wears his hair short, medium, or long. Not matter what he does with the 'icing on the cake', his stand-out face will...stand-out!

A very ugly guy will probably be quite ugly no matter how he styles.

Now with the 80-90% who fall more within average range, they can get a lot of bang for the buck by styling in a way which is most optimal for their facial structure.

Why do u wanna compare yourself with slim faced Caucasians such as this guy and George Clooney? You are nothing like them. At least find an attractive NE Asian guy who approximates your metrics - larger head, fleshy roundish face, smaller eyes, etc.

I seriously think that if you lost like 12-15 kgs of weight, your face would deflate making your eyes larger, your face a bit less round, and giving you a more youthful look like you had in Russia. I also think longer hair looks more youthful on you, at least as long as you had it in Russia. So perhaps you should just try to recapture your look from about a decade ago as much as you can.
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

His haircut is not similar to yours. It's because your hair needs to be layered.. Here is a repost from 22 Ways Winston Failed to Understand Asian Culture.

Here is a haircut that I recommend for you:

This is a good looking haircut that is easily doable with asian hair. It is simple, short and neat just like you like your hair to be. But the hair in this haircut is much longer than your current length and yes his hair is layered. I know (asian) guys who have this kind of haircut, so it definitely works with asian hair. It is also age appropriate for someone older yet is still stylish enough to meet/attract younger women.

You need to layer your hair. Not layering your hair is why you keep complaining of looking like a porcupine. Other asian men have hair with qualities that are similar to yours. Getting your hair texturized/cut in layers makes the difference.

Try going to Taipei and going to the best hair salon you can find. Otherwise if you want a western haircut, you can go to Hong Kong, as there is a huge market for expat haircuts cut by western stylists, although it won’t be cheap.

Last edited by celery2010 on September 13th, 2012, 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston, what hair products are you using?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:Winston, what hair products are you using?
None. Why? My hair is too short to need any gel. Are you referring to shampoo? If so, I'm using a high quality brand that we got from Costco. lol

What does it mean to "layer your hair"? I have no idea how to say that in Chinese. If I go to a salon, I should call Momopi and have him talk to them? lol

Anyhow, I just realized that all this talk about clothes is REALLY STUPID.

Most people dress for comfort. They don't have any special style.

Girls don't really care about that. If they like you, they will tell you what they want you to wear to look better. But clothes do not create attraction at all.

Clothes are actually very low on the list. A woman will look at a guy's face, body, status, personality, and other things before looking at his clothes.

All of this talk about clothes is really stupid bullshit. Everywhere I go, I see guys with girls, and both of them wear normal clothes. Nothing special.

I think this whole thread is just a cheap attempt to take cheap shots at me. You guys just want to control something. You can't control my physical looks, so you try to control clothes. But in the end, none of it matters or amounts to anything. The important thing is to dress for COMFORT. That's what everyone else does. So why can't I?

In any case, you can see that in this shirt, I don't look that fat.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston pretty in pink. lol

Winston acts confident in hip black shirt. lol