N/A

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Who do you want as president?

Romney
48%
Obama
52%

Total votes: 23
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

xiongmao wrote:Obama, Romney is a laughing stock overseas!
Yes... if people even know who he is! lol

But having said that, voting for either of them would be about as pleasant as choosing which bowl of dog vomit to drink from!

I would also have much preferred Ron Paul. More options should have been added to the poll...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jackal wrote:

But having said that, voting for either of them would be about as pleasant as choosing which bowl of dog vomit to drink from!

I would also have much preferred Ron Paul. More options should have been added to the poll...
Like what? Gary Johnson is not going to get elected if Ron Paul did as bad as he did in the primaries. Ron Paul would have made a perfect president, we could go back to real capitalism and real freedom.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

jamesbond wrote:I am strongly supporting Mitt Romney for president. We need someone in the white house who knows how the economy works and knows how to be a real leader.
Romney was governor of my home state and he left it in the economic toilet, with his own Obamacare [ virtually 0 difference between his plan and that of B.O. ], higher debt, and a lot of added *fees*, in place of taxes.

This has got to be the worst election of all time, as both candidates are practically the same but on opposite sides of the ballot.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Romney Campaign = Utter Disaster?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OV0YOdH4 ... el&list=UL[/youtube]

Romney is getting killed by the press--even among conservatives for his numerous gaffes and blunders. It looks like the election is over already, sigh! Four more years of Obama and this country will be utterly destroyed by then...
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

Gary Johnson is who I am voting for
Hook
Freshman Poster

Post by Hook »

eurobrat wrote:
Jackal wrote:

Like what? Gary Johnson is not going to get elected if Ron Paul did as bad as he did in the primaries. Ron Paul would have made a perfect president, we could go back to real capitalism and real freedom.
Gary won't win, but should be in your poll, since many people will be voting for him.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

No hook stop wasting the vote. This country's economy is on the brink of faltering, I don't think Romney's the best choice but I think he would do a better job with the economy than obo
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

eurobrat wrote:I don't think Romney's the best choice but I think he would do a better job with the economy than obo
Is there another Romney, out there?

The one I used to know, former governor of Massachusetts, put together his own Obamacare, thus, handing over a fat subsidy for insurance companies, who continue to jack up rates, every year exorbitantly. Increased our deficit, added fees in place of taxes (nice fiscal conservative *slight of hand* trick there :wink: ), and left with the MA economy in the toilet.

I have no idea what the Reps thought, when they put this corporate raider/failed gov, at the top of their ballot.

Since I live in MA, my vote doesn't count, as we usually vote for the Dem President but where Mass is different, from a lot of other states, is that Republican fiscal conservatives, like Bill Weld & Paul Cellucci, tend to win the governorship over the Dem candidates, simply because they're independent of the legislature (tax & spend cabal). In fact, that's really the only reason why Romney became governor because he was following in the tradition of his predecessors & the electorate bought it. The difference is that his predecessors were fine administrators whereas Romney's none of the above.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

I don't know about you Eurobrat, but eventually I would like to leave this country eventually, and so for me, the outcome of this election is not as important as it is to some people. Here is how I view it: I would not vote for either of these people anyways. Heck, I probably would not even vote. If Mr. Obama stuck by his pledge to support civil liberties (and not just thoughs in vogue), then I would strongly support him. But the problem with Mr. Obama is he is not even consistent on the issues that set him apart. Just look at his opinion on NDAA, NHS (although it is not that, yet), the wars, the nation building, the Patriot Act, the whole security-industrial complex, the War on Drugs, euthenasia (he never said he would support it, so I won't hold him to it per se), and other things that liberals should support, but don't.

Now for Mr. Romney. I like his tax plan, which is a good rate on average, but that is about it. I hate how he seems to act like a warhawk, does not know how to stand up for real capitalism, which makes him look like another crony in the system, I hate how he treated Ron Paul, and his track record is deplorable (1.5% growth VS Mr. Johnson's 11%), plus how, with the exceptions of taxes and business regulation, he is alot like Obama.

Please Understand me when I say this, that I am not trying to scold you. All I am saying is that I don't agree with the system to begin with, so I am not all that concerned with it on account of it. For me, change will not come through politics, but through personal revolution. That is, when we let go of the chains that bind us and limit us, and live our lives in a live and let live way. (Not irresponsibly) So while I am voting for Mr. Johnson, I am doing it because there is not a neither option on the presidential ballots. Also, my vote is more of a self defense measure than a vote for something.

While we are on the subject of politics, I would like to voice one of my reasons for moving overseas eventually. The main reason I wanted to move overseas in the first place is because of the economic corruption that is ruining our country. And also, if I could use my talents and live comfortably for less, why should I stay in the town I am in? So that I can pay to be in a town that is a "seniors town" (according to the former town elders). So anyways, while I understand your views, and understand if you are staying here for awhile, for me at least I could care less, since our whole society is corrupt like a corrupt hard drive. Once one sector is destroyed, you better get everything of value from it, cause it will devour it. Using that metaphor for our nation, I think that anyone who can move should, because just like that hard drive, you have things of value invested in it. Savings, assets, emotional support, spiritual support, and other connection will be destroyed or will continue to be destroyed because of the vacuum that has been growing for the past century at least. And if history is any guide, it will only get worse. So at least for me, it makes sense to leave before it gets any worse. (BTW, sorry if I am ranting).
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Does anyone not see that the economy is still horrible (cost of living vs. earned wage) We're going in the wrong direction...
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

eurobrat wrote:Does anyone not see that the economy is still horrible (cost of living vs. earned wage) We're going in the wrong direction...
The Republibloods are too busy criticizing the Democrips for heading toward the wall at 100mph and arguing that 95mph is "conservative".
The Democrips say there is no wall and "Can't this thing go any faster?".

There was one guy that said we were going in the wrong direction and even called the housing bubble years in advance.
The GOP did everything in their power to shut him down, including caucus cheating, rule changes, and outright physical attacks on his supporters. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

I still haven't voted ... just like real life :)

Obama, Romney, Obamney ... it doesn't matter
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

I'm in favor of the economy improving. Whoever ca do that has my vote.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

eurobrat wrote:I'm in favor of the economy improving. Whoever can do that has my vote.
Obama has proven after three and a half years in office, he is not capable of improving the economy. His national health care law (which goes into effect Jan. 2014) will put even more strain on people and businesses with higher taxes.

If you want the economy to improve, don't vote for Obama. The unemployment rate is higher now than it was when he took office in January 2009. Also, the national debt has increased by trillions of dollars since he has been in office.

Obama is your typical tax and spend liberal. This is the slowest recovery after a recession since the great depression. The housing market is worse now than it was during the great depression! :shock:

I'd vote for Kermit the frog over Obama. :D

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

jamesbond wrote:I'd vote for Kermit the frog over Obama. :D

If Kermit was running, he's got my vote.

Instead, we have Gordon Gekko/Bernie Madoff vs his fraternal twin from Hawaii. Believe me, whoever wins ... nothing changes.

Romney won't get my vote, a 2nd time. He's had his chance with MA back in '03. The old saying goes ... 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me'.

Return to “General Discussions”