Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

What type of device do you use overseas?

Tablet
No votes
Desktop
14%
Remote Access
No votes
Smart Phone
14%
Laptop
43%
Other (explain)
29%

Total votes: 7
zacb
Experienced Poster

Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Post by zacb »

I am kind of curious. And what type is the best for monitoring your business back home (on or offline)?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

I use the following when I was overseas because I was trying to get into the music business in Australia which had epically failed because I was deemed to be "too aggressive and too meticulous"...and probably because I am "too big" too:

1. EDIROL MIDI Keyboard controller

2. my 8-GB RAM OF DDR3 BUS WITH 750GB of Disk space on-deck with a 1TB eSATA motherboard-connector with lovely speeds

3. and a MXL USB.009 USB microphone that renders sound at a bit depth of 24-bits at a sample frequency of 96kHz (Studio-DVD like quality)
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

The EDIROL, which is software fine-tuning locking into a free MIDI channel, can play VST (Virtual Studio Technology) (-->Think of a big-a_ss Korg keyboard able to be played as proxy software emulator at your fingertips!!),

I would pitch modulate the c_rap out of notes as if my name were LA Reid & Babyface or Jam and Lewis. Hardly any other producers did that sh_it...okay the late Roger too, George Clinton, and Stevie Wonder.

Ooops I cannot forget two more things:

(1) An Isolation filter for the BACK of the USB mic

(2) A pop screen for the FRONT of the USB mic
Last edited by E_Irizarry on September 22nd, 2012, 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

I marked laptop but I also use my smartphone cause the phone I have is factory unlocked so when I am in Lithuania I put in a lithuanian SIM card on my phone.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Here's my device I use overseas. You should see what's in my garage at home!
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

I also had a HP laptop that was left behind after my father passed away. It is 15.6 but not wide screen (16:9) its 4:3. AMD XP Single Core CPU. I still have it, I need to repair it however the charge port needs to be fixed, I'm lazy.

This time however the way things are shaping up for Black Friday, I will likely take my current laptop upgraded with a 256GB SSD and from 3GB to 4GB of RAM.

I will use my HTC G1 Smart Phone, it needs a new battery. I will get a slightly larger battery that still works with the stock battery cover. I will also upgrade it to Android 1.65 or higher, I am not sure yet. I will also root it and unlock it from T-Mobile as I can use any GSM SIM card.

Finally there will be several very good tablets available for $200 or less. Right now Fry's has the Android 3.2 Dell Streak 7 for $150... However the Nexus 7 is quad core with Bluetooth as well.

The main reason for the table is battery life and larger screen than my smart phone. Being quad core CPU, it easily handles 5th gen console emulation and with a Lenmar or Energizer, 10-11 flights to Europe or South America can be taken with ease with plenty of options to do with a powerful tablet.

T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.
designer
Freshman Poster

Post by designer »

What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:In 2008, I used a Motorola Rokr E6 (Asia-Pacific) Smart Phone. One of the few phones that ran on Linux before Android.

T mobile will unlock it. One good thing about them is that they are willing to unlock your phone after a certain period you are with them. Last time I went to Lithuania I used my old HTC Nexus One but this time I'm going with my new Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus 7 does have bluetooth but it also has the NFC chip in it. So if you have a android phone with the NFC chip and android 4.0 you can take full advantage of Android Beam to transfer photos from your phone to the tablet.
I know how to unlock phones, I unlocked my cheap Nokia I had with me that was also T-Mobile while in Germany. I just liked using my Motorola because it had more features.

Lots of info on XDA Developers
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

djfourmoney wrote:
***JP*** wrote:

I know how to unlock phones, I unlocked my cheap Nokia I had with me that was also T-Mobile while in Germany. I just liked using my Motorola because it had more features.

XDA only shows how to root it and unlock the bootloader to be able to install custom roms. T mobile gives you the SIM unlock code for free. When you call customer service all you have to do is give them the IMEI number of the phone and in 24 hours you receive your SIM unlock code via email.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

designer wrote:What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.
Tin Foil much?
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

***JP*** wrote:
djfourmoney wrote:
***JP*** wrote:

XDA only shows how to root it and unlock the bootloader to be able to install custom roms. T mobile gives you the SIM unlock code for free. When you call customer service all you have to do is give them the IMEI number of the phone and in 24 hours you receive your SIM unlock code via email.
I am on AT&T now not T-Mobile. If I need to hit the store I will.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

E_Irizarry wrote:I use the following when I was overseas because I was trying to get into the music business in Australia which had epically failed because I was deemed to be "too aggressive and too meticulous"...and probably because I am "too big" too:

1. EDIROL MIDI Keyboard controller

2. my 8-GB RAM OF DDR3 BUS WITH 750GB of Disk space on-deck with a 1TB eSATA motherboard-connector with lovely speeds

3. and a MXL USB.009 USB microphone that renders sound at a bit depth of 24-bits at a sample frequency of 96kHz (Studio-DVD like quality)
Dayum, nyugga! You brought all that shite to Australia? That thing bigger than you! :lol:
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Re: Poll: What electronic device do you use overseas?

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

zacb wrote:I am kind of curious. And what type is the best for monitoring your business back home (on or offline)?
Zacb,
I take a laptop and my blackberry. I would be lost without my blackberry.

The way I do my business is that I build various virtual machines and I carry them on a 500mb 2.5 inch drive. I can run two machines at the same time off my laptop. I got an i5 4GB memory ASUS laptop at a steal of a price off amazon germany as an end of model sale.

So all I need where ever I go is to buy a mobile internet device and I am in business. I used to spend up to 10 months a year away from home so I had to make sure that I was able to do everything I needed on the road.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

designer wrote:What types of questions do the operatives on this site ask? Y'know, the ones who work for the cia and other organizations looking to keep taps on specific people. As if no one knows that there are some who frequent this site.
They don't ask questions...they just slander me and called me a paedophile...you would think they would come up with something new.
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!