TFL Actor needs your advice again.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

TFL Actor needs your advice again.

Post by bennandsarah »

The advice was so good the last time, I'm back! :D

I decided to TAKE your advice and I'm looking oversees :D for my new life. I have three questions;

#1- Is there anywhere in the USA that's ok for meeting women? I live in a small city here in KY -- a women just moved from wisconsin into my apt building and she's as bad as all the others here. I teach college p/t (theatre) and act once or twice a year professionally. I've been involved in theatre/tv/film since 15. My education is done (two grad degrees) and I have a pretty solid resume-NOT meaning to brag just let you know what Im' up against. I have a minor disability that prevents f/t teaching and work. I also have an internet biz that nets $1K a month CLEAR. I can't obviously afford a big city like NYC or LA. So is there somewhere in this country where a guy stands a fair shot????

#2- Do you think I can use my skills in a foreign country. I'm willing to do other things-teach english etc etc. But I'd love to teach drama or at the university level an english-communications course(s).....

#3 - Lastly, I need a knee injection every six months (synvisc-1 about $1500/month) ....I'll lose my health insurance if I move. Maybe oversees it will be alot cheaper. If I don't have it I'll be unable to get out of bed. So is this findable oversees.

Thanks. 'ppreciate it.
It wasn't like this in the 1980's and early 1990's -- that's for sure bud.
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

PS.. I forgot something I'm Greek American, White, 6'1, decent weight, average looking.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: TFL Actor needs your advice again.

Post by Teal Lantern »

bennandsarah wrote:The advice was so good the last time, I'm back! :D

I decided to TAKE your advice and I'm looking oversees :D for my new life. I have three questions;

#1- Is there anywhere in the USA that's ok for meeting women? I live in a small city here in KY -- a women just moved from wisconsin into my apt building and she's as bad as all the others here. I teach college p/t (theatre) and act once or twice a year professionally. I've been involved in theatre/tv/film since 15. My education is done (two grad degrees) and I have a pretty solid resume-NOT meaning to brag just let you know what Im' up against. I have a minor disability that prevents f/t teaching and work. I also have an internet biz that nets $1K a month CLEAR. I can't obviously afford a big city like NYC or LA. So is there somewhere in this country where a guy stands a fair shot????
Depends on how many women you need to meet. A college or two, in town helps. :) The big-name cities (NYC, Chi, LA) all have a bunches of smaller, cheaper to live in surrounding cities & towns.
Check out http://www.city-data.com/ Put in your own zip-code just to see what you get. Also there's a forum you can ask questions on.

#2- Do you think I can use my skills in a foreign country. I'm willing to do other things-teach english etc etc. But I'd love to teach drama or at the university level an english-communications course(s).....
Yeah. Chicks love drama. :lol:

#3 - Lastly, I need a knee injection every six months (synvisc-1 about $1500/month) ....I'll lose my health insurance if I move. Maybe oversees it will be alot cheaper. If I don't have it I'll be unable to get out of bed. So is this findable oversees.
Everything is findable overseas. :D Find out what the generic name is, and look that up, too. Also find out if it can be imported. There was a bit of dust up a few years ago because Americans were buying their meds from Canada, to save money. Same med, lower price. If you're a veteran, check with the VA too.

Thanks. 'ppreciate it.

не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
bennandsarah
Freshman Poster

Post by bennandsarah »

Nice to know I'll be able to find the rx. Good advice on that. :)-