Janet Hsieh vs. Winston Wu: Airhead vs. Intellectual

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Janet Hsieh vs. Winston Wu: Airhead vs. Intellectual

Post by Winston »

Janet Hsieh vs. Winston Wu: Fake Celebrity vs. Intellectual Freethinker

Headlines: Janet Hsieh, Taiwan's fakest celebrity vs. Winston Wu, Taiwan's greatest freethinker. The world of fake airheads meets the world of intellectual freethinkers. LOL

Image VS. Image

Hi all,
Check this out. I've found a way to get some attention in Taiwan, even if it's in an infamous way, by being the first person ever to criticize and bash Taiwan's top celebrity, Janet Hsieh, in an article and blog in which I also promoted myself in - in effect piggybacking on her fame. haha.

Janet Hsieh is host of the TV series "Fun Taiwan", and her face is on advertisements all over Taiwan, making her one of the most recognized faces in Taiwan. I created a blog and article criticizing her, which was the first of its kind, that has gotten to the top of Google search results for her name. It has now ranked #1 in Google for her name, outranking both Wikipedia's entry on her and Janet Hsieh's own website! (See screenshot below) That's what I get for being an SEO expert. hehe

Now everyone who Googles her name will know about me, so in effect, I've "piggybacked" off her celebrity. Cool huh? It was an awesome publicity ploy. I know I'm a rascal for doing this, but hey at least it helps balance the scales of justice. lol (See the article linked below about that)

This article was historic, as before my critical piece, there were ZERO critical webpages or articles about her. All of them were overly positive and raving about how "oh so wonderful" she is in such a fake airheadish manner. So I was the first person ever to write a critical piece about her on a webpage and blog. So I guess I can add that to my list of "firsts". lol

Here was my initial critical review of her that I posted on Blogger, in which I promoted myself as well:
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... aiwan.html

Mirror version on Wordpress:
http://janethsiehsucks.wordpress.com/20 ... anslation/

Mirror version under Happier Abroad:
http://www.happierabroad.com/JanetHsieh.htm

A few days later, Janet Hsieh herself got word of my article and posted the link to my blog about her on her own Facebook page, amazingly. I don't know why. You'd think that as a celebrity, she'd not want to attract attention to this sort of thing. Maybe she wanted her fans to come to her defense?

Janet Hsieh wrote:
"I know I'm just adding fuel to the fire, but this seems to be what Winston wants as he's edited and posted it a couple times now, so here goes. I'll let you read his article and decide for yourself. (It would be nice if he would at least get the name of my show right... it's "Fun Taiwan!" Thanks Winston Wu, "a truly unique and remarkable freethinking Asian American." http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/"
Right then, over a hundred of her fans on Facebook came to her defense and bashed me, as you can see here:

To explain why I did this, I posted these articles:

What's wrong with Janet Hsieh? Why did I start this blog?
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... did-i.html

The Injustice of Janet Hsieh and the Stupid Media
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... tupid.html

My blog about her now appears at the top of Google for her name, and below it, also on the first page, are two other critical articles of mine about her. So in total I've created three hits about her that appear on the first page of Google!

See the screen shot below of Google search results for her name. As you can see, my blog is #1, outranking both Wikipedia's entry on her, and her own website as well!

I wonder why the Taiwanese media of Janet Hsieh's production staff haven't contacted me to harass me yet, since I've smeared their top celebrity in Google? lol

I don't know. I guess I love the controversy and publicity. lol Hey, at least it's not boring. lol

To see more critical comments about Janet Hsieh from my blog readers:
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... hsieh.html
Last edited by Winston on March 10th, 2014, 5:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... anese.html

Janet Hsieh and the Failure of the Taiwanese Media: Spot On Insights

Check out these insightful comments posted in my Janet Hsieh blogs recently. They are spot on about the fakeness of Janet Hsieh and her act, as well as the failure and desperation of the Taiwanese media to try to garnish attention in the international scene with tasteless over the top fakeness.

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... 8255884948

"I had nothing else to do and I decided to look up the "unique woman" Janet Hsieh after hearing her ad where she is selling the latest "health supplement" and I found this blog (and your other one as well).

I should start out by saying I am an American expat who is married to a local Taiwanese woman. 10 years of marriage going strong, and we have 2 boys.

I too find Janet a little too-phoney for my tastes. She seems like a model (which she is, apparently) who was offered a job in front of a camera, and she took this job to further her career (possibly back to the USA???).

The series always shows everything about Taiwan in a wonderful light and how fabulous places are here in Taiwan. Yes, there are some nice places, but I have been to a few of the places she has been to and they ain't that good looking. The look good on the camera due to how they film things, yet if you get beyond the range of the camera you will see most are not that great, and some are downright bad.

As for Janet, she will do and probably say anything due to either what her boss tells her what to say or what will help further her career.

If Janet has any courage, she should just report things as they are and not try to embelish them. Granted, a lot of travel shows are like this, such as the former "Lonely Planet"/now "Global Trekker" shows. If you ever read the books about behind-the-scenes-of-"Lonely Planet," you will be amazed at what the support staff go through and what is not shown on the televsion shows.

By the way, did you see the YouTube video where Janet is recruiting people to join her on their show? Only approximately 1900 people veiwed the video (including me). Boy, that went over REAL WELL.

As far as Janet goes, I do not know her so I am only basing on my observations of her "show" and of the various articles I have read of her. And I must say I am none too impressed with her. I feel she is just a somewhat model (only able to get a lot work here in Taiwan and just a tiny amount int he USA as she would be a dime a dozen" model in the USA). My wife flat-out cannot stand her as she knows A LOT of places Janet has been to and calls "B.S." on a lot of what she promotes on her show.

As for the comments on Janet's Facebok profile, I think they reflect the same type of dribble that Hollywood stars get from their fans. The fans only see what is shown on the TV and/or what the "star" (or the star's PR person) want people to see. So let's see what people write after Janet gets caught in a "compromising position." Then we shall see the real Janet Hsieh come out. "

http://janethsiehsucks.wordpress.com/20 ... omment-120

"Coming from America and now living in Taiwan there are very few good shows on TLC here vs back home. All honesty any show Janet hosts rivals Jeremy Lin for the worst and only things to watch on Taiwanese TV.The problem is the Taiwanese have no concept of "overkill" .So if you were a couch potato before you are now REPEATEDLY force fed so much of the same awful television you have to pick up a book and/or new hobby.

Taiwan's lack of confidence as a nation is obvious when they desperately cling on to anything/anyone that gives them international recognition. Even if they are native Americans who would not be successful and have developed the proper credentials if born in Taiwan.Yes,that is you fellow Americans whose parents made the correct decision Janet and Jeremy.

When I see Janet instantly I change the channel.As a person I don't deny she is probably nice but as a host she is simply painful and phony.The fact there will be a second season to the Fun Taiwan is so sad. The first season from what I could stomach was a very low budget Amazing Race.It was a painfully boring hosted,lame contestant ridden and had carnival style challenges.

Thanks for the outlet"

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... 2095397669

"I watched her show a few times and followed her on Facebook.
I was drawn to her in the same way people rubberneck at a car crash.
I find her unfunny and stupid acting with the cross eyes and goofy faces. It seems her Facebook pages just glorifies her life style and attracts attention to herself.
Asking her fans to vote for her as sexiest woman on FHM website, Please! I really don't care about her broken thumb."

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... 7206039747

"I have to say I stumbled upon your website while google-ing Janet Hsieh and I find it very refreshing, truthful and eye-opening. Nice critique out there for the unfortunate masses of cut-paste plastic-fantastic, bobble-headed, too tanned Chinese girls who happen to make it big cos' most people are simple airheads who cannot discern fact from fiction or fakery :)"

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... 9645837416

"Yah I think she's fake. She's been paid by Taiwan Tourism Department. Taiwan's really got nothing to offer now in Tourism World, the competition is getting stiffer. Nice try Janet, but we don't buy it!"

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks to all the above contributors.

More prior interesting comments can be seen here:
http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... hsieh.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fox
Freshman Poster

Post by fox »

Haha, nice thread man :D
air_king
Freshman Poster

ya, she is totally over-rated and so over-exposed

Post by air_king »

you're right. the woman goes to boring places and pretends to make them interesting. but her really fake acting doesnt cut it...

and the woman is literally selling everything in Taiwan and is on every billboard. she is like a 7-11, there isnt anything she wont sell... it doesnt even make sense....i often wonder if she doesnt understand the concept of "over-exposure"?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this comment which alleges that Janet Hsieh is probably a lesbian in the closet. What do you think? Could it be true?

http://janethsiehsucks.wordpress.com/20 ... omment-128

"It’s not really a secret, dude. Ever hear of lesbians. She’s gay. No shame there, just like Ellen DeGeneres in USA and Martina Navritiloa and Yani Tseng. But notice in all her years there in Taiwan, i am in Uk by the way, she never had a boyfriend? gay. all her friends know. Just like Anderson Cooper. And for running away, well, you think her parents will stand for their daughter being gay? No way. So she fled. And she’s happy in Asia, as many gay expats are. Nobody bothers them and tawianese peopple could care less which way she bats. That’s the secret of Taiwan, people accept you gay or straight. Janet’s a lez. Period. and no big deal. she will come out sooner or later. why not. but not yet, it would hurt her product endorsement and marketability for now. later when she is 45 she will confess all. they all do."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Another great comment and analysis of Janet Hsieh posted in my blog.

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... 3105220554

"PART I: I have to applaud you Winston. As Col Kertz said in Apocalypse Now "the "sheer will" to start this blog and keep it running is remarkable.

I'm a Taipei-based foreign journalist, and like you, I was revolted by Janice after about five minutes of her inane, dull schoolgirl act. But like a car wreck, I couldn't help but watch and hurl abuse at the screen every time she whitewashed something about Taiwan, its present and its past.

I'm pretty sure she is an invention of the GIO, which probably pays TLC to air this drivel. While its true that travel shows are often on the sunny side of the street. They should NOT be paid for advertising content from a corporation or body. The fact that other shows lie doesn't make it OK for her to lie too.

This is journalism 101 people. Frankly, it saddens me that so many Taiwanese have so little internal focus that it is OK for them to support PAID-FOR advertising. I just don't get it. It makes me wonder if just being a celebrity is enough to be liked in Taiwan. Like success, no matter how it is attained, is all that's important, so she can sell flog off shampoo and herbal products.

It's sad really, and paints a picture of shallow, mentally and morally regressing society.

Janice's complete lack of context in everything she covers is little more than a lie. And I am insulted by her, the GIO and TLC every time I see her programme. There needs to be some professional balance. No country is utopia, but to paint a picture of it as such is used car salesman douchery of the highest order.

This also speaks to the Taiwan government's totally dated profile-raising playbook. Pick an Asian American girl so she straddles both cultures. She must be American because they are the only people who count, although I doubt this farce is shown outside of Asia. Make her a smiling dolcit retard so she doesn't offend. And then plug OVER AND OVER AND OVER again about how great everything is.

Go to a beach with three foot waves and talk up this massive surf culture that doesn't exist. Go to Sun Moon Lake and dance with Aboriginals but don't mention that there are only about 300 of them left because Taipei has been hammering them for generations to the point that they will be EXTINCT within a generation. But that's OK because the tourist dollars count more.

Go to Orchid Island and don't get down to how it is a nuclear waste dump and how cancer rates there are through the roof.

PART II: Now I know a lot of you retards might come back and say that I hate Taiwan and I should leave. But the truth is I am personally a supporter of Taiwan. My wife is Taiwanese (who loathes Janice BTW). I've spent years in the country. BUT if you care about a place you should care about its problems, which all countries have. By shining a light on them you hope to forward change.

Besides a personal supporter is one thing. You need to be professional and do your job. I had some media friends from outfits like Bloomberg, WSJ, the Guardian etc come for a visit recently and they just hammered her. In short, she does as much damage as good, if not more so.

These sycophantic ramblings from a dull, tired, bland looking woman, who compares most things to America, a sure sign of an amateur who doesn't work on the minimal skills she has, are exactly what Winston claims them to be: lies. total lies.

I don't care if Winston is driven by bitterness to be honest, like many have claimed. the crux of his argument is correct. She is a walking billboard. A vessel for interest groups. And these people are the bottom of the barrel. They have no soul. No opinion and worse no thoughts of responsibility to the public.

At least public relations professionals are upfront about what they do. Janice alludes to a balanced professionalism that doesn't exist.

As Kurtz also said: "We must kill them. We must incinerate them. Pig after pig. Cow after cow. Village after village. Army after army. And they call me an assassin. What do you call it when the assassins accuse the assassin? They lie. They lie, and we have to be merciful, for those who lie. Those nabobs. I hate them. I do hate them."

Remember people: every time she is on that show, she is lying to YOU for money. And she knows she is doing it. Why would you support her?

Winston: good job, and you may want to check out her links to that terrible not hop outfit LA Boyz. Apparently that's where she got her start. Might have a lot to do with the tongue button. I mean really? A tongue button? How tacky."

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 24th, 2013, 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

To see more critical comments about Janet Hsieh from my blog readers:

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.com/2 ... hsieh.html

Oh check this out. Someone on Janet Hsieh's Facebook page finally agreed with me, even though he said that I am "f***ed up". lol

Jake Robbins: He's totally right Janet. You're a complete fraud. You would go anywhere and sell anything if the money was OK. Your entire show is a 30 min advertisement bereft of context. You never point to the problems of a Taiwan because your trying to sell tourism dollars. Even the Winston seems totally f..d up, your still a lying vessel of the tourism and Government Information Office machine. You make me sick actually.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this new comment:

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... 5472961539
Winston,

I found your page because in the past 2 years I've been in Taiwan, I have seen multiple commercials with an annoying girl as the spokesperson.

One of the commercials showed her English and Chinese name and googling her brought me to this page.

I'm not sure what it is about her that makes me dislike her, as I've thankfully never had to watch her Fun Taiwan program. Maybe it's her ABC accent or maybe you really are right and she sounds/acts too "fake."

Watching her 15 second commercials is already too much for me. I'm glad I'm not the only one out there who feels the same way about her. It's unfortunate that she is successful here just based on her appearance and the fact that she is an ABC. I find the local girls more appealing.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston, you just got her a new fan

Post by Rock »

I never paid any attention to her before. But yesterday, Monkro, my tenant who recently returned from the States, and I were talking about this feud. So we pulled-up some Youtubes of her "Fun Taiwan" shows. We watched a bit of one about Tainan and another about Hsinchu. It turns out she may not be as vacuous as Winston claims. At least Monkro thought the parts of the show he saw were extremely well-done and compelling. He actually said he's going to watch a bunch of them to learn more about Taiwan. And he doesn't even think she's attractive physically so its all about her personality and presentation style. He's her newest big fan, lol!

Perhaps she presents an overly positive view of Taiwan. I don't know cus frankly, I don't watch her. I hardly watch any TV in general. But she sure seems to be a lot more than the lightweight you make her out to be. Just check out some of her accomplishments at the young age of 32:

- Graduated w/double major in Biology and Spanish from the prestigious MIT
- Holds a black belt in Taekwondo
- Is a well trained sushi chef
- Is fluent in 5 languages - English, Mandarin, Spanish, French, and Taiwanese
- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book
- Has lived and studied in Argentina
- Nominated twice for Golden Bell Awards
- Has 10s of thousands of fans
- Has become a kind of 'face of Taiwan' due to the success of her show "Fun Taiwan" which is currently in its 10th season and has expanded to include "Fun Asia".

Boy, I wish I could be even half as unique, original, and one-of-a-kind as Janet Hsieh. She's enjoyed more success at an early age than most people could hope to achieve in 10 lifetimes. She's carved out an impressive niche as Ms. Taiwan too, lol.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Wow this girls rocks though she can´t sing and dance. Which is far more important. But why does winston disses her. Is it because winston has no life?
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston, you just got her a new fan

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:I never paid any attention to her before. But yesterday, Monkro, my tenant who recently returned from the States, and I were talking about this feud. So we pulled-up some Youtubes of her "Fun Taiwan" shows. We watched a bit of one about Tainan and another about Hsinchu. It turns out she may not be as vacuous as Winston claims. At least Monkro thought the parts of the show he saw were extremely well-done and compelling. He actually said he's going to watch a bunch of them to learn more about Taiwan. And he doesn't even think she's attractive physically so its all about her personality and presentation style. He's her newest big fan, lol!

Perhaps she presents an overly positive view of Taiwan. I don't know cus frankly, I don't watch her. I hardly watch any TV in general. But she sure seems to be a lot more than the lightweight you make her out to be. Just check out some of her accomplishments at the young age of 32:

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book
- Has become a kind of 'face of Taiwan' due to the success of her show "Fun Taiwan" which is currently in its 10th season and has expanded to include "Fun Asia".

Boy, I wish I could be even half as unique, original, and one-of-a-kind as Janet Hsieh. She's enjoyed more success at an early age than most people could hope to achieve in 10 lifetimes. She's carved out an impressive niche as Ms. Taiwan too, lol.
Monkro isn't the most logical or credible source though. I don't see any evidence that he is insightful or accurate to quote as a source. Janet Hsieh appeals to simple people, not intellectuals, generally speaking.

The YouTube clips of Janet Hsieh show the most positive parts. You have to watch her whole show on Discovery Channel to get what she's really like. See all the comments above about how annoying she is.

Bottom line: Janet Hsieh's shows are bereft of content. She doesn't say anything insightful or intellectual, nor does she help people or fight evil or injustice. She doesn't awaken anyone or help free anyone. Her antics are useless and don't solve any problems. Anyone can act happy go lucky, but it doesn't accomplish anything. The way she acts is very fake and artificial. Read all the critical comments above.

Billy, the blog post where I explained why I started the blog, is posted above. Read it before asking why.

Her accomplishments you listed are not unique. Many of my cousins have them too, but they can't hold a conversation worth shit. So why do you call that list unique Rock, when nothing in it is unique? Strange. Perhaps you used the wrong word. Maybe you meant "impressive". In contrast, I actually have unique accomplishments that are the first of their kind, including the creation of this website. See here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm Also of course, Janet Hsieh doesn't get quotes like these: http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm

Btw, if Monkro likes Janet Hsieh, he can apply to be on her show. She is taking applications. Maybe he can appear on an episode with her? I'll try to find the relevant info for him to do so.

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
Rock wrote:I never paid any attention to her before. But yesterday, Monkro, my tenant who recently returned from the States, and I were talking about this feud. So we pulled-up some Youtubes of her "Fun Taiwan" shows. We watched a bit of one about Tainan and another about Hsinchu. It turns out she may not be as vacuous as Winston claims. At least Monkro thought the parts of the show he saw were extremely well-done and compelling. He actually said he's going to watch a bunch of them to learn more about Taiwan. And he doesn't even think she's attractive physically so its all about her personality and presentation style. He's her newest big fan, lol!

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book

Her accomplishments you listed are not unique. Many of my cousins have them too, but they can't hold a conversation worth sh**. So why do you call that list unique Rock, when nothing in it is unique? Strange. Perhaps you used the wrong word. Maybe you meant "impressive". In contrast, I actually have unique accomplishments that are the first of their kind, including the creation of this website. See here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm Also of course, Janet Hsieh doesn't get quotes like these: http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm
Excuse me but which of your esteemed cousins have done more than 1 or 2 at most of the following?

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book

In fact, you probably can't even think of even one famous person (or not famous for that matter) who has achieved more than 3 or 4 of the 11 point list above. The combination of these powerful accomplishments makes her very unique, very much one of a kind!
ben dover
Freshman Poster

Post by ben dover »

I know who I'd rather be shipwrecked on a deserted island with, for the conversation alone! LOL :lol:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
Winston wrote:

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book

Her accomplishments you listed are not unique. Many of my cousins have them too, but they can't hold a conversation worth sh**. So why do you call that list unique Rock, when nothing in it is unique? Strange. Perhaps you used the wrong word. Maybe you meant "impressive". In contrast, I actually have unique accomplishments that are the first of their kind, including the creation of this website. See here: http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston-Wu ... hments.htm Also of course, Janet Hsieh doesn't get quotes like these: http://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Abo ... ton-Wu.htm
Excuse me but which of your esteemed cousins have done more than 1 or 2 at most of the following?

- Plays the violin
- Modeled
- Authored a book

In fact, you probably can't even think of even one famous person (or not famous for that matter) who has achieved more than 3 or 4 of the 11 point list above. The combination of these powerful accomplishments makes her very unique, very much one of a kind!
Dude, half of those don't require any talents. Many of my cousins have gotten into medical school and have memorized textbooks. Lots of fake people are famous. Not one of the things above are unique or the first of their kind. Read her book or blog. Tell me if it has any interesting content comparable with the content on this forum. You are thinking in conventional terms. She does nothing for truth, justice, nor does she awaken anyone.

Her fans are also mostly on TV. Her website has very little traffic. This site has way more traffic than her website does. Look at her website rank on Alexa.com and you will see. She is full of hype and her big fans only number in the hundreds. Not thousands. Thousands know about her and watch her show, but they do not chat with her on FB or visit her website.

Did you read all the critical comments I posted above? They made a lot of good points.

I posted a clip on YouTube showing how airheadish she is, but it was taken down. So I uploaded it to my server here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/JanetHsiehSucks.wmv

Also, there are dangers and risks when one adopts Janet Hsieh's "positive attitude junkie" type of personality. I know one person who even lost her life because of such an attitude. See here:

http://janet-hsieh-sucks.blogspot.tw/20 ... itive.html

In fact, studies show that happy-go-lucky types often die younger, because they take careless risks with their life and health, falsely thinking that everything will be fine or great as long as they think so. See here:

http://www.world-science.net/othernews/110311_happy.htm
Last edited by Winston on March 10th, 2014, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.