The Ongoing Recession

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
tom
Junior Poster

The Ongoing Recession

Post by tom »

In 2007 when I told people how bad the coming recession in America was going to be, they thought I did not have a clue. And truth be told they were right, it is worse than I thought.
Unemployment is not improved at all and corporate profits are very much up.

As far as male employment levels, the numbers are worse.

http://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_mcafee_ ... _jobs.html

The reasons have to do with technology, automation and globalization. The bad news is job growth may be on an ongoing decline.
Forget about politicians helping, as far as I can tell they will do nothing or often make things worse. The politics are such that anything that will help is non PC. Women are essentially bribed with EBT cards, WICK and other entitlements. All a politician has to do is maintain the illusion he is the source of this. Its a modern version of the Roman bread and circuses. Now its EBT cards and mass media entertainment.
There is lots of change going on, it is for the most part on the very edge of any mainstream media awareness.

For instance we could have gas under 2 bucks a gallon but both political party's oppose this for there own reasons. This is just one of the many.

With this in mind living in other locations may be better, looking abroad is not just about looking for better women, it may be a better option economically too.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments Tom. One reason I want to head to Asia is because the economies over there are stronger and more vibrant than the U.S. or most of Europe. I just see more opportunities over there than I do at home.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah, everything has changed and this recession ain't going away. It's the new normal.

I don't think things are better in Asia - the problem there is there's no labour shortage. However, if you're a Westerner then you can exploit your Westerner credentials - English teaching being the most obvious. It's not the only option though - if you're moderately good looking then you can make money by being a token Westerner in adverts, movies etc.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

The politicians say we have been in recovery and we hear of various versions of QE, the latest "QE3". And as you know wadges are down, jobs are are down and things are costing more like gasoline. (There is talk of invading Iran which is politicians helping gasoline prices go higher along with national debt service and more money for those in the Middle East that hate us.) All that "QE" money just goes into stock market speculation (where else can the rich put their money?), to China or Saudi Arabia. It does NOT make more American jobs or wealth for the average middle class American.

American companies have been divesting out of America for years for cost reasons.
One of the costly things have been affirmative action with all the litigation and liability cost and risk. Companies deal with this by putting most operational components overseas. Oddly this has done just what was wanted, diversity. Just it's not being done in America. Current politics want to push for more of this which will not help bring jobs back to America. In a strange way it is like the 1930's all be it the reasons are very different. Politicians did things which were politically correct but actually did nothing to improve things and sometimes made things worse.

I'll make a prediction on CNG for transportation We know it has much lower pollution, creates more jobs in America, money not being sent to those that hate us in the Middle East. Washington's response will be, Tax It. Current politically correct thinking on taxes is to punish the successful instead of encouraging things that improve the lives of the common man. Like in my example which is cleaner air to breath, more money in the pocket and less wars to die or get maimed in.

The real unemployment rate, around 20%
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

You have any idea what gas costs in other countries? (not counting Qatar or Dubai) Those California prices are a blessing.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

Price.....Country.............Pain Rank
$10.12...Norway......................#52
$9.41....Turkey........................#7
$9.28....Israel..........................#31
$8.61....Hong Kong.................#35
$8.26....Netherlands...............#41
$8.20....Denmark...................#47
$8.15....Italy............................#34
$8.14....Sweden......................#48
$7.92....Greece.......................#26
$7.87....United Kingdom.........#37
$7.79....France.......................#39
$7.77....Belgium.....................#42
$7.74....Germany....................#40
$7.72....Portugal.....................#23
$7.66....Switzerland................#53
$7.59....Finland.......................#45
$7.34....Ireland........................#44
$7.15....Japan.........................#46
$7.12....South Korea..............#30
$6.93....Slovakia.....................#21
$6.92....Brazil..........................#13
$6.79....Hungary.....................#15
$6.60....Malta..........................#27
$6.57....Slovenia.....................#32
$6.55....New Zealand............#43
$6.49....Austria.......................#49
$6.47....Spain.........................#36
$6.46....Czech Republic.........#25
$6.41....Australia.....................#54
$6.38....Luxembourg..............#56
$6.32....Lithuania....................#18
$6.15....Poland.......................#19
$6.13....Chile...........................#22
$6.12....Bulgaria......................#6
$6.08....Latvia.........................#17
$6.08....Singapore...................#50
$5.96....Colombia....................#10
$5.86....Cyprus.......................#38
$5.82....Argentina....................#16
$5.80....Estonia......................#24
$5.71....Romania....................#11
$5.46....Canada......................#51
$5.44....India...........................#1
$5.30....South Africa...............#12
$4.89....China..........................#8
$4.51....Thailand.....................#9
$4.42....Philippines.................#3
$3.85....Indonesia...................#5
$3.75....Russia.......................#33
$3.75....United States.............#55
$3.55....Pakistan.......................#2
$3.24....Mexico........................#29
$3.23....Malaysia.....................#28
$2.80....Iran.............................#20
$2.32....Nigeria........................#4
$1.89....United Arab Emirates..#57
$1.73....Egypt..........................#14
$0.89....Kuwait........................#59
$0.61....Saudi Arabia..............#58
$0.09....Venezuela..................#60
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

A lot of the countries where the gas is expensive, have excellent public transportation and you do not really need to drive that much. There are buses, trains, tram cars, trolley cars, etc. In the US, public transportation is not that great, plus it is dangerous, too.

Also, in the US, if you have no car, it is virtually impossible to date, too. Can you imagine a woman dating a man who does not drive? One thing in the Philippines that was liberating was that you did not need a car to date girls. And a woman will love you even without a car.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Only Americans need cars. Us Brits have trains and buses - I don't have a car and I save $$$$ each month as a result (££££ rather).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tom wrote:US employment still down.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000087 ... 03516.html
The reason unemployment is going down is they stop counting people as unemployed if they are unemployed for long enough as the unemployed people are supposedly discouraged and not really looking for work. Thus if everyone lost there job tomorrow and never worked again, then after whatever time period they are using expired the official rate of unemployment would be 0%.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I want to know how somebody comes to the conclusion that Affirmative Action stunts employment because of ligation cost? How about the gulf between Slavey, Jim Crow and our current reality has never been closed. Whites think freeing the slaves was enough, but pay reparations to everybody else in other countries but not African-Americans.

Its this sort of bullshit that makes me wanna pull my hair out.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

xiongmao wrote:Only Americans need cars. Us Brits have trains and buses - I don't have a car and I save $$$$ each month as a result (££££ rather).
We don't need cars we have not been presented with a equal choice. If you don't want to live on the East Coast or in The Bay Area you don't have excellent public transportation choices.

If presented with fast and efficient public transportation, many would choose that than to drive. So up to a point yes many Americans are forced to drive to get to work (earn money).

I am an automotive fan, I enjoy driving and the options it gives me that public transport does not. I am on year three with taking the bus for most task. I have adjusted but its hardly ideal especially when counties are reducing the amount of buses and increasing wait times between buses.

Sure you save money over not having a car but frankly that is an expense I don't mind and never mind spending. I don't drink and I don't use drugs so I'm allowed to have a vise and that's it for me.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

ladislav wrote:A lot of the countries where the gas is expensive, have excellent public transportation and you do not really need to drive that much. There are buses, trains, tram cars, trolley cars, etc. In the US, public transportation is not that great, plus it is dangerous, too.

Also, in the US, if you have no car, it is virtually impossible to date, too. Can you imagine a woman dating a man who does not drive? One thing in the Philippines that was liberating was that you did not need a car to date girls. And a woman will love you even without a car.
I found a profile of a German woman who moved to Los Angeles and in fact dated a man that didn't have a car (Black man) they have broken up which is why she was online but in any event. She said it was a bit of a drag but now preferred her new boyfriend to have a car.

As The Iceman recently said on one of his Madvoodman videos on You Tube said some men (White, Latino and Black) do burn down women. Some women will give a man a chance but they give the wrong man a chance. They give the guy with no initiative a chance. That doesn't work out and guess what? You're jobless and now she won't date you based on previous experience.

But I have proven having car does not guarantee dates either and having no car makes it worst. If you don't mind f***ing around with other bottom feeders (BBW's and Single Mothers usually BBW's as well) Then having a car is important for your social life.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

"One of the costly things have been affirmative action with all the litigation and liability cost and risk. Companies deal with this by putting most operational components overseas. Oddly this has done just what was wanted, diversity. Just it's not being done in America."

The idea is if cost and risk get too high companies will if they can shift to lower cost and risk options. If a company goes overseas to avoid the cost and risk of affirmative action, this may actually produce a more racial diverse workforce, it just wont be in America. I think affirmative action stuff has in general been dealt with for some time now. Cost has already been transferred its no big issue now. And it is just one of many cost.

Jimcrow is dead. Slavery is alive and well it just has a different name now and few people recognize it. And no you do not deserve reparations for something that happened to your great great great grandfather.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

tom wrote:"One of the costly things have been affirmative action with all the litigation and liability cost and risk. Companies deal with this by putting most operational components overseas. Oddly this has done just what was wanted, diversity. Just it's not being done in America."

The idea is if cost and risk get too high companies will if they can shift to lower cost and risk options. If a company goes overseas to avoid the cost and risk of affirmative action, this may actually produce a more racial diverse workforce, it just wont be in America.
It is not just the litigation costs, it is also that AA groups like women and blacks are mostly incapable of human reason and so suck at a lot of the jobs they are given. Overseas companies can hire actual competent human beings.
Jimcrow is dead. Slavery is alive and well it just has a different name now and few people recognize it. And no you do not deserve reparations for something that happened to your great great great grandfather.
Far from being paid reparations, blacks should repay the rest of America for all the damage they have caused and then GTFO. Given that they were only there as pets and livestock, they should have been removed (as Lincoln wanted) when they were no longer required, not simply turned loose and allowed to wreak havoc. In any case the slaves essentially had guaranteed lifetime employment. Many people would kill for that. The idea that their descendants should be compensated because they enjoyed such a privilege is ridiculous.