Great Christian Movies that Christians will like

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Great Christian Movies that Christians will like

Post by Winston »

Great Christian film from 2003 called "The Gospel of John".

An epic in the spirit of "The Passion of the Christ", this widely acclaimed motion picture is a meticulous recreation of the turbulent era of Jesus and the events that changed the course of history! Narrated by Golden Globe nominee Christopher Plummer (Best Supporting Actor, "American Tragedy, 2000), it's the bold and powerful story of Jesus as told by his disciple John. The best-loved but least understood of the gospels, John presents a uniquely human portrait of courage and passion encompassing Jesus' entire three-year ministry, the final years of his life. Intimate and reflective, "The Gospel of John" offers an unparalleled opportunity to experience the incomparable life and times of Jesus Christ.

The dialogue of the movie is word for word, solely based on the Good News Bible (also known as Today's English Version).

To purchase this movie visit: http://www.visualbible.com/

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Christian Movies about Jesus and the Bible

Post by Winston »

Epic miniseries from 1977 called Jesus of Nazareth. Directed by legendary Italian filmmaker Franco Zeffirelli, who directed the 1968 Romeo and Juliet masterpiece starring the beautiful Olivia Hussey, who also appears in this film as Mary mother of Jesus. This miniseries is 6 hours long. Here is part 1 of 4.

Description:

Jesus of Nazareth is a 1977 British-Italian television miniseries directed by Franco Zeffirelli and co-written by Zeffirelli, Anthony Burgess, and Suso Cecchi d'Amico which dramatizes the birth, life, ministry, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus. It stars Robert Powell as Jesus. The miniseries features an all-star cast of famous American and European actors, including seven Academy Award winners: Anne Bancroft, Ernest Borgnine, Laurence Olivier, Christopher Plummer , Anthony Quinn, Rod Steiger, and Peter Ustinov.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1927 Film about Jesus called "King of Kings". It's a silent film with screen text narration and music. Some scenes are colorized but most of it is black and white.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1979 Movie about Jesus called "The Jesus Film" with narration. Highly rated by Christians. At the end of the film, the narrator even invites you to invite Jesus into your heart and accept him as your Lord and Savior.

@Adama and @Neo and @TruthSeeker and @Jester and @MrMan would love these films.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

1999 movie about Jesus. Portrays him as more warm and human than most Jesus films.

Jesus the Movie is a Biblical film that retells the story of Jesus of Nazareth. It stars Jeremy Sisto as Jesus, Jacqueline Bisset as Mary of Nazareth, Debra Messing as Mary Magdalene and Gary Oldman as Pontius Pilate.

The film is notable for presenting a more human Jesus, compared to more solemn portrayals in earlier films; here Jesus laughs and cries much like anyone else. Among other things, he weeps at Joseph\'s funeral, throws stones in Lake Galilee when meeting Simon Peter and James son of Zebedee for the first time, dances at the wedding at Cana, and starts a water-splashing fight with his disciples at a well. Also, Satan is portrayed as a man in modern dress (and as a woman in red, but the former guise is more prominent). The film adds a Roman historian named \"Livio\" who watches as events unfold; he is presumably named after Livy.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New stage performance of the story of Jesus.

Synopsis
Witness the most miraculous events in history as Jesus sets sail with fishermen, challenges the Pharisees, befriends the outcasts, and heals the hurting. The lives he touches will never be the same.

Trailer

Full Film

https://yts.mx/movies/jesus-2020

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Great Christian Movies that Christians will like

Post by Winston »

Interesting movie plot where a man tries to sue Satan and Satan shows up to defend himself. Malcolm McDowell sure knows how to portray Satan. He did so in another movie "American Satan" too. It has a Christian theme so @MrMan and @Neo may like it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1615075/

Synopsis
Luke O'Brien, a washed-up salesman turned night law student, decides to sue Satan for $8 trillion dollars. On the last day before Luke files a default judgment, Satan appears to defend himself. On Satan's legal team are 10 of the country's best trial lawyers. The entire world watches on Legal TV to see who will win the Trial of the Century.

Download link:
https://yts.mx/movies/suing-the-devil-2011

Trailer