Modeling Jobs in China

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Modeling Jobs in China

Post by fdiv »

I've heard that the Chinese will hire attractive white people as models. Not just modeling in a fashion sense, but they'll hire you for jobs in bars as singers, DJs, band members and magic performers, etc. Just because your looks create a positive vibe to their brand or business. Does anyone have any links for this sort of stuff? I wonder if it's worth it. Thanks in advance!
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Modeling Jobs in China

Post by Cornfed »

It’s been a few years since I was in China, but yes at the time there were various white guy side jobs such as strutting around in a business suit at factories and such to make them seem more cosmopolitain. If you are good looking and in good shape, the idea would be to have an underworked job such as teaching English at a university and do white guy stuff on the side. Probably Shanghai would be best for that.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

To find these jobs you need to be in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou. Elsewhere you need great contacts.

Really they're probably not worth doing. You'd be better off doing private tuition. My neighbour makes some good cash doing private tuition for the CET 4 exam. He doesn't need to leave the school to do it either.

I was tempted to do a trade show monkey job but you needed a suit + tie and it just paid the overnight hotel + 200 RMB a day.

Also you run the risk of getting in trouble for doing a side gig on your visa - is it worth that hassle for 200 RMB?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
pitbull
Freshman Poster

Post by pitbull »

I'm a 6' white man with good looks. I'm looking to move to China in June. Where do you find this modeling work?
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Ok, thanks for the feedback guys. This pretty much jives with what I've heard.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)