Momopi, Rock, WTF is wrong with my Taiwanese nurse?!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Momopi, Rock, WTF is wrong with my Taiwanese nurse?!

Post by Winston »

Momopi, Rock,

WTF is wrong with the nurse at my doctor's clinic here in Chiayi? Every time she comes to draw my blood, she only speaks to me, but NEVER makes eye contact, not even for one second! WTF is her problem? That's really rude! She doesn't ever smile either. How does she get away with that? In the US, it'd be unacceptable.

Have you ever seen that before? How can people in Taiwan in service occupations be like that, and get away with it? That's ridiculous. Why does she avoid eye contact 100 percent like that? It's so freaky! How can anyone be like that? It's f***ing insane!

Should I ask the doctor about it, and disrupt the "Asian harmony" that Asian people maintain, with such a confrontational question?

How come some people (not in Taiwan of course) will instantly stare back at anyone who stares at them, as though they are always in the mood to talk to strangers and will notice right away when someone is looking at them, but others never look back at anyone staring at them (such as in Taiwan)? That's so weird how totally different people can be.

Why do all the f***ing travel blogs about Taiwan always lie and say it's "Oh so friendly" in such a gay ass manner? Such bullshit! Stupid politically correct blogs like that make me sick.

It's so suffocating here. I can't be myself. I can't be open and engaging and make eye contact with people. It's f***ing sick! How do people live like this? It makes me sick. It's like people are cold zombies here! Yuck! Disgusting! Sick! WTF is wrong with these people? They're not f***ing normal! I swear!

Glad to get this off my chest.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

There's probably little or no monetary incentive for her to smile and be friendly. Like anywhere else, if you dislike the service, take your business elsewhere.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wzns3ERm ... re=related[/youtube]
Last edited by momopi on February 8th, 2012, 10:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

She might be VERY shy which also would be exacerbated if she likes you.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

She may be very shy. I used to have the same problem, especially with the opposite sex. If a girl got too close to me and looked me in the eye, my face would get all red and I would feel embarassed and just wanna escape.

Sometimes, young female receptionists at very local companies panic in the rare case of a foreign visitor walking in. In more extreme cases, they may run into the office and say something to their nearest colleague such as, "what can I do, there's a foreigner?" and then someone with more confidence in their English ability will typically come out to the reception area and handle it from there. Yes, as a foreigner, you actually scare people away sometimes. At least that doesn't happen to you Winston.

Some Taiwanese are very shy. Eye contact is not their thing. It doesn't mean they're bad or necessarily dislike you. I understand this well cus I used to be exactly the same way. It was only through some of the presentation and speech course work I completed along with a lot of real life experience that I got over this and changed my behavior.

If you really must have the more western style customer service, avoid civil service and old school local style institutions. Go to Fridays, the modern style hospitals and clinics, western pubs, main offices of private cellular service providers, etc. People in such places have been screened for extroversion and well trained in how to relate in positive ways to customers. And the good thing is, you are never expected to tip. If you really want friendly service, walk into a new car dealer or branch of a life insurance company, or real estate office and act like an interested prospect.
chileanueva
Freshman Poster

Post by chileanueva »

I hate the Philippines and I hate Filipinos. Filipinos are just wannabe American thugs.

The only hot Filipino girls are Eurasian types like Misa Campo or Elle Navarro.

Dark ass filipinas aren't attractive to me. Philippines is economic shithole.

Chinese are richer than 90% of the native Filipinos combined. Chinese own airlines, banks, media.

I am glad to get that off my chest. f**k Filipinos. I got American citizenship. Wassup now bitches?

At least Taiwan can defend itself from the Red Dragon China. Philippines is already economically plundered.
"Stop talking. Just Do It." - ME

"Treat women like shit because they are lying, manipulating, cheating whores." - ME
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:She may be very shy. I used to have the same problem, especially with the opposite sex. If a girl got too close to me and looked me in the eye, my face would get all red and I would feel embarassed and just wanna escape.

Sometimes, young female receptionists at very local companies panic in the rare case of a foreign visitor walking in. In more extreme cases, they may run into the office and say something to their nearest colleague such as, "what can I do, there's a foreigner?" and then someone with more confidence in their English ability will typically come out to the reception area and handle it from there. Yes, as a foreigner, you actually scare people away sometimes. At least that doesn't happen to you Winston.

Some Taiwanese are very shy. Eye contact is not their thing. It doesn't mean they're bad or necessarily dislike you. I understand this well cus I used to be exactly the same way. It was only through some of the presentation and speech course work I completed along with a lot of real life experience that I got over this and changed my behavior.

If you really must have the more western style customer service, avoid civil service and old school local style institutions. Go to Fridays, the modern style hospitals and clinics, western pubs, main offices of private cellular service providers, etc. People in such places have been screened for extroversion and well trained in how to relate in positive ways to customers. And the good thing is, you are never expected to tip. If you really want friendly service, walk into a new car dealer or branch of a life insurance company, or real estate office and act like an interested prospect.
Well this woman looks to be about late 30's and has been at that clinic for years. How could she still be shy at that age and with that much experience working with customers. It's really weird and freaky. Can you imagine someone talking to you while looking away, EVERY SECOND?! WTF?! Wouldn't you guys feel kind of weird or creepy about that? I've never experienced that in the US before. To talk to someone without a single second of eye contact is just downright rude, don't you think?

Rock, have you met others in TW that are like that too? Doesn't it offend you? How would you like it if I talked to you for an hour while looking away and not look at you for even a single second? How would that make you feel?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jeygonza
Freshman Poster

Post by Jeygonza »

Winston she is not shy, she's just a busy nurse. She is not there to make friends, she's there because she's working. I mean, SHE IS A NURSE not a bartender.
Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
Barry LePatner
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

Winston, I live in Canada, and for what it's worth, a lot of female service staff in any store or business will not make eye contact with me. Canadian women in public situations tend to be rather cool. So it's not just you or where you are. Certain cultures seem not to value interpersonal intimacy much.