Pick-up artists are totally full of BS.

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Pick-up artists are totally full of BS.

Post by Temprano26 »

In my darkest hours I used to google pick up artists to get the answers for how to get a date in America. I would read the whole page right until the bottom where it said "get all the answers you need for $29.95". I never bought their books because the skeptic in me said they were trying to sell me a pack of lies to fatten their wallets. Turns out the skeptic in me was right as he usually is.

I used to think there was something wrong with me but after being in Costa Rica and seeing how nice, family-oriented and naturally friendly people were there I came to realize America has been telling me my whole life that I had character flaws keeping me from being happy. I met women down there that I could connect with even without speaking their language. I didn't have to change anything about myself because they were easy to please and loved people just for being decent and sincere.

America values profit over everything else. Depressed people are more likely to consume pharmaceuticals and lonely guys are more likely to buy a self-help book to improve their love lives. If something is profitable, we'll continue to not look for genuine solutions.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Pick up artists and players are full of it to me because they totally leave out the fact that they have to use drugs and alcohol to get women.

To me, using drugs and alcohol to get women is similar to using steroids to make you a better athlete. To clarify, guys either drink alcohol to give themselves liquid courage, or they buy girls drinks in order to get them drunk and thereby take advantage of them later. In college I seen the most alpha males have to resort to giving girls as much alcohol as they could in order to have sex with them.

Real seduction skills to me is getting a woman to sleep with you without using drugs or alcohol. It's also more healthy. Most of the guys I knew who had to rely on alcohol are fat slobs today or they had to stop drinking altogether because their health got so bad (i.e., kidney disease).
jmbPtforlife
Freshman Poster

Post by jmbPtforlife »

It depends on what you are looking for. Some people really have not a clue how to string a few words together to talk to a girl. Sorta like Rajish on Big Bang Theory.

There are a few simple things out there that have some basic shit that some dudes absolutely need because more or less they are social retards and need a script to learn to act like what comes naturally to some.

But yeah most of it doesn't help because its so vague and unactionable.