Let's organize a Meetup (San Diego/Tijuana)

Arrange meetups and get togethers with other Happier Abroad members in your area, or coming to your area.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MeGustanLatinas wrote:
I wish you luck. I can't seem to get anyone to respond to posts, so I doubt a meetup is likely.

Which is ironic since I go to Ensenada with some frequency.
Whoa, easy does it there, bro! You just missed the last meetup, but it ain't the last. Propose a date for another one, anywhere in Baja, preferably Ensenada, I'm game.

Or Guadalajara, or Culiacan...

MeGustanLatinas wrote:
Even more ironic (or perhaps fitting?) I joined a facebook group for black people that travel and they made plans to meet me the first *day*. *shrugs*
As we used to say in the South, "don't get all shot in the ass about it"! DJFourMoney is Black but he still condescended to meet with us WhiteGuys....
MeGustanLatinas
Freshman Poster

Post by MeGustanLatinas »

Jester wrote:
MeGustanLatinas wrote:
I wish you luck. I can't seem to get anyone to respond to posts, so I doubt a meetup is likely.

Which is ironic since I go to Ensenada with some frequency.
Whoa, easy does it there, bro! You just missed the last meetup, but it ain't the last. Propose a date for another one, anywhere in Baja, preferably Ensenada, I'm game.

Or Guadalajara, or Culiacan...
Well I specifically said "respond to posts" not simply the post in THIS thread. Unless its racial or causing some sort of conflict, it will get ignored. This is what I have seen over and over again like hotcakes since joining, and I read everything. I responded to your post about intermarriage cause I thought that was a good subject and something that is inevitable if one travels abroad. Died with my post. So I would imagine you can also understand my closing statement about "I'm not sure what this board is for" since I thought it was for people who love to travel abroad swapping stories and advice.

It is what is is, forums have different dynamics that newbs like myself have to learn. For instance:
MeGustanLatinas wrote:
Even more ironic (or perhaps fitting?) I joined a facebook group for black people that travel and they made plans to meet me the first *day*. *shrugs*
As we used to say in the South, "don't get all shot in the a** about it"! DJFourMoney is Black but he still condescended to meet with us WhiteGuys....[/quote]

...was more a commentary on a different dynamic that worked in my favor instantly versus through attrition like here.

I'll keep posting and keep following the rules, if they spark discussion great if not, oh well. I'm in the states and should be back in Ensenada (if I don't go to MTY first, haven't decided) sometime in August. When that happens I'll say something here. Saludos.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

As long as Greyhound is running its deal on getting to the boarder for $30 or less, I will be down to go as long as it doesn't interfere with upcoming DJ gigs.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:As long as Greyhound is running its deal on getting to the boarder for $30 or less, I will be down to go as long as it doesn't interfere with upcoming DJ gigs.
MeGustanLatinas wrote:.

I'm in the states and should be back in Ensenada (if I don't go to MTY first, haven't decided) sometime in August. When that happens I'll say something here. Saludos.

I'm OK to meet up in Ensenada around weekends of Friday 8/8 or Friday 8/22.