Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Mobile Version

the easiest way to get citizenship in the U.S.

Ask questions and get advice, or share advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following someone's advice here.
Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's already been addressed.

Moderators: zboy1, fschmidt, jamesbond

the easiest way to get citizenship in the U.S.

Postby skateboardstephen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:37 am

ok i have a fiancé who lives in brazil.We want to get married and live in the U.S. whats the best way to go about this.
skateboardstephen

Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum

Follow Us

Postby ladislav » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:53 am

A fiancee visa is the quickest way. Then marry her in the US. Takes 3-6 months to get her over. Citizenship for a wife takes three years + processing time which can take up to one more year or even longer.

http://orlando.ebayclassifieds.com/lega ... ad=5637570
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Veteran Happier Abroader

Re: the easiest way to get citizenship in the U.S.

Postby momopi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:23 am

skateboardstephen wrote:ok i have a fiancé who lives in brazil.We want to get married and live in the U.S. whats the best way to go about this.

You might find some info here:
http://www.visajourney.com/
momopi
Veteran Happier Abroader

Postby Think Different » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:38 pm

I can tell you from personal experience with this, that if you live in an area of the US with a lot of foreigners or illegals, your spouse's wait time for citizenship processing can take up to 8 years. That was the case with my wife in the DC area. After 4.5 years we moved to Denver and had her paperwork transferred and the "waiting line" got shortened. She was sworn in, within 6 months of arriving in Denver. Just a heads-up: my wife is now considering giving up her US citizenship, since they've tightened up all the laws for tax reporting, overseas bank account reporting, it's harder for her to invest overseas and open a bank account overseas now. Many non-American banks do not want to give accounts to Americans, due to the IRS gestapo tactics for tracking down US money abroad. It's a real problem, and you may want to clearly discuss this with your fiancee in advance. Just my 2 cents of advice, based on experience. YOU, however might be wise to consider getting the Brazilian citizenship through her (in addition to your American one), as a fall-back, in case the US becomes a much more unhealthy place to live. Good luck!
Think Different

Postby E_Irizarry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:38 pm

If Think Different doesn't mind me paraphrasing here, I feel that you should really, really relocate to Brazil and leave the City of Brothers and Thugs for forever and a day.

What part of Brasil is your Brasileirinha from?

Brazilian economy is on the come-up.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Happier Abroader

Postby ladislav » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:29 pm

That's right. You should be thinking about how YOU could get the Brazilian citizenship instead.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Veteran Happier Abroader

Postby well-informed » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:30 pm

It's kinda ironic, because you're in a situation where you can easily live in Brazil. Most of us here want to get out of the USA
well-informed

Postby Think Different » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Skateboard, you and your fiancee need to read this article and think about whether you really want to saddle her with a US citizenship:

http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/us-go ... foreigners
Think Different

Postby E_Irizarry » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:16 pm

well-informed wrote:It's kinda ironic, because you're in a situation where you can easily live in Brazil. Most of us here want to get out of the USA

If I had a close family lineage (all my close family had been here in America too damn long), i still had my job there, and had money, getting back to BR would be a cinch.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Happier Abroader

Postby skateboardstephen » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:44 am

E_Irizarry wrote:If Think Different doesn't mind me paraphrasing here, I feel that you should really, really relocate to Brazil and leave the City of Brothers and Thugs for forever and a day.

shes from the city of salvadar in bahia brazil
skateboardstephen

Postby E_Irizarry » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:15 pm

skateboardstephen wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:If Think Different doesn't mind me paraphrasing here, I feel that you should really, really relocate to Brazil and leave the City of Brothers and Thugs for forever and a day.

shes from the city of salvadar in bahia brazil

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH i WANT TO A SEE A FOTO OF HER. LOL j/k!!!
I know she has that African blood mixed with indigenous and Euro blood. Yummm-may.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

E_Irizarry
Veteran Happier Abroader

Postby ErikHeaven » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 pm

Lucky guy to get a brazilian woman. Please find a way to live there.
ErikHeaven
Frequent Poster

Postby Hook » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:13 am

Think Different wrote:Skateboard, you and your fiancee need to read this article and think about whether you really want to saddle her with a US citizenship:

http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/us-go ... foreigners

I was just going to post that. Getting U.S. citizenship is the worst thing you can do now.

There was an Aussie girl working at an Olive Garden that I eat at. We talked about her stay here and it turns out her dad is a U.S. citizen, but she was born and grew up in Australia. Since her dad is a citizen, she was able to get citizenship when she moved here for the summer.

She was quite upset when I informed her that now she is a citizen, she will have to file 1040 tax forms for the rest of her life. The U.S. is the only advanced country in the world that taxes citizens even when they live abroad.

Check out this story of a foreigner that somehow got the IRS after him:

http://nestmann.sovereignsociety.com/20 ... tizenship/
Hook

Return to Questions and Advice