Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship.

Happier Abroad Discussion Forum Index
  Forum Community
   Escape Antisocial America for a Better Dating, Social and Expat Life Overseas!

RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsIgnore ListBan PanelLog in






Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.





Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum


Share |


Try this: Latest 100 Topics         View Your Posts         FAQ Topics         Mobile Version         Latest Blog Posts
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Are you willing to die to save your child?
Would you be willing to die to save your child?

Yes I would. 72% 72% ( 8 )
No I wouldn't. 18% 18% ( 2 )
I'm not sure, or I don't want to think about this hypothetical situation. 9% 9% ( 1 )

Total Votes : 11
Author Message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Wasn't it Native American culture to consider 7 generations into the future before making a decision? I doubt Winston can see past his next or***m.


View user's profile Send private message



Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.

Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

I would NOT be willing to die for my child. I will give you the logical reasons why I would not sacrifice my existence for my progeny. 1.) Children owe the parents for giving them life/raising them 2.) Children must learn that life is unfair and hard 3.) In order for children to grow up into stable adults, they must learn to be self-sufficient. 4.) Parents have ZERO obligation to babysit young adults when they turn the legal adult age of 18 years. 5.) Are you willing to die for your wife/girlfriend? Would she want you to kill yourself for her? Think about it.



_________________
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - Josť Rizal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

philosophical_filipino wrote:
I would NOT be willing to die for my child. I will give you the logical reasons why I would not sacrifice my existence for my progeny. 1.) Children owe the parents for giving them life/raising them 2.) Children must learn that life is unfair and hard 3.) In order for children to grow up into stable adults, they must learn to be self-sufficient. 4.) Parents have ZERO obligation to babysit young adults when they turn the legal adult age of 18 years. 5.) Are you willing to die for your wife/girlfriend? Would she want you to kill yourself for her? Think about it.


Good points philosophical filipino. Kudos for being brave enough to speak your mind even though it goes against the grain.

I would like to add more reasons:

6. The world population is already too high. By not having children, you help reduce overpopulation.
7. If you don't love yourself, then what's the point of living? Sheesh. How dumb.
8. You can love someone without devaluing your own life. Sheesh.

To Repatriate:

So what if I'm somewhat narcissistic? Everyone in Generation X and Y is a narcissist. It's normal. So why are you acting like it's an abnormal thing? lol At least I'm not a fake bullshitter like most people.

If children copy their fathers, then explain this. My father is very selfless, giving and considerate. So WHY DIDN'T I turn out like him too? Again, BUSTED! You are down 2-0 Repatriate. You suck a** when it comes to logic and debate. hahaha

To you guys:

You guys are not addressing my points or answering my questions again. You are acting emotional, not logical.

Suppose JFK had lived. If he had to trade his life for his son, should he? His son was nothing special. He was just an ordinary person who rode on the benefits of his father. He did nothing to fight evil, inspire others, or change the world. So would JFK's life for his have been worth it? Think about it.

Or suppose Bruce Lee had lived. Would his life be worth trading for his son? His son was just an ordinary, though good looking, guy who rode on the benefits of his father's name. He would not have gotten those acting roles if it wasn't for his father. He had no charisma, did not teach people to think for themselves, did not revolutionize martial arts, did not inspire others, did nothing to promote Chinese philosophy or martial arts, etc. There was nothing special about him.

So how does your "son's life is more valuable than the father's" theory explain the above?

Also, what if your wife was pregnant and the doctor said she could not live through the childbirth? Would you sacrifice her or the fetus?

What is wrong with you people? Why can't you answer tough questions? I don't have a problem answering questions like these. So why do you guys do?



_________________
Check out our new blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Winston wrote:

If children copy their fathers, then explain this. My father is very selfless, giving and considerate. So WHY DIDN'T I turn out like him too? Again, BUSTED! You are down 2-0 Repatriate. You suck a** when it comes to logic and debate. hahaha



As your comment above indicates, you suck a** both as a father and as a person. You are nothing but a whiner and complainer -- a fat, lazy, cowardly lowlife who would rather endure misery than get up and take action.


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

Winston wrote:


To Repatriate:

So what if I'm somewhat narcissistic? Everyone in Generation X and Y is a narcissist. It's normal. So why are you acting like it's an abnormal thing? lol At least I'm not a fake bullshitter like most people.

There's narcissism and there's narcissism as an actual personality disorder. I'd classify you in the latter case. Gen X and Y is not as selfish as you think. Then again people tend to reflect and receive values that they believe in. You think everyone else is selfish so it becomes morally convenient for you to behave in that manner free of guilt or introspection.
Quote:

If children copy their fathers, then explain this. My father is very selfless, giving and considerate. So WHY DIDN'T I turn out like him too? Again, BUSTED! You are down 2-0 Repatriate. You suck a** when it comes to logic and debate. hahaha

A good moral father doesn't mean he's a good parent. There are always other factors which influence people. 1st generation immigrant fathers have it rough because most fail to understand the environment enough to prepare their child. I'm not going to blame your parents I think you were born with certain..mental disabilities that made you this way. A person who is born without empathy can't learn empathy. You just aren't wired to understand these things. Again that may or may not be a personal failing of your own but most likely it's a disorder.

Quote:

Suppose JFK had lived. If he had to trade his life for his son, should he? His son was nothing special. He was just an ordinary person who rode on the benefits of his father. He did nothing to fight evil, inspire others, or change the world. So would JFK's life for his have been worth it? Think about it.

Or suppose Bruce Lee had lived. Would his life be worth trading for his son? His son was just an ordinary, though good looking, guy who rode on the benefits of his father's name. He would not have gotten those acting roles if it wasn't for his father. He had no charisma, did not teach people to think for themselves, did not revolutionize martial arts, did not inspire others, did nothing to promote Chinese philosophy or martial arts, etc. There was nothing special about him.

You're basing all this on a preposterous supposition created through hindsight. I can also name famous men who had descendants who were even more successful. Each generation is influenced by the next. Who is to say that Brandon Lee wouldn't have become more successful than this father? He was breaking out shortly before his death.


View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  



Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts Child abductions amigo Men's Rights, Anti-Feminism and Misandry 1 Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:48 pm View latest post
No new posts Music video by Swedish House Mafia - ... jamesbond Movies, Films, Music, Celebrities, Entertainment 0 Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:24 pm View latest post
No new posts How to cut your own hair to save mone... Winston Personal Development, Self-Improvement, Psychology 8 Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:32 am View latest post
No new posts What can undermine a child's individu... Bao3niang General Discussions 9 Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:30 am View latest post
No new posts Halle Berry Ordered to Pay $16K a Mon... jamesbond News and Current Events 6 Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:45 am View latest post