Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.



View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile


Filipinos are pleasantry addicts

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond, zboy1

Filipinos are pleasantry addicts

Postby philosophical_filipino » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Filipinos have no problem criticizing others without any self-awareness. The majority of the nation is living in extreme poverty, yet they worship foreigners because they are rich and have a lot of material things. Just watch TFC's Wowowee program and all the hosts are light-skinned mestizos and the audience is mostly dark-skinned. White skin is considered beautiful in the Philippines, and many women are bleaching their skin to become more white. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/01/healt ... wanted=all I find this really sad and disgusting. European/American colonization of Asia has turned the populace into wanting to become white.

Filipinos hold grudges and they don't like to be criticized or challenged. They will stay mad at you for a long time and you won't even know it. Filipinos are too nice and don't want to offend anyone. Our "crab-mentality" causes fierce competition amongst ourselves to tear each other down. We lack unity and have lots of self-hatred due to foreign exploitation. The consumption addiction + ignorant self-awareness = lack of progress and innovation.

I am open to any suggestions to change the economic climate of the Philippines and spread liberated critical thinking to the masses in the Philippines.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal
philosophical_filipino
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm
Location: Chicago




Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum

Follow Us

Re: Filipinos are pleasantry addicts

Postby Repatriate » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:35 am

philosophical_filipino wrote:I am open to any suggestions to change the economic climate of the Philippines and spread liberated critical thinking to the masses in the Philippines.

The problems that are in the Philippines is not unique to only the Philippines but most of SE Asia. One of the biggest problems is that the country has allowed rich land owning gentry control over the Philippines. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of very few families who in turn use corruption to use politics and military as protection. All power is derived from land and the money that comes from it. If you notice in developed countries land and ownership laws are an integral part in creating and maintaining prosperity of the middle class.

The same thing occurs in Thailand but the difference is that there are still opportunities to become middle class. What hinders the Philippines' is the large population and relatively small land space. It's the same issues that Indonesia has. Both countries have enormous populations and a wealthy concentrated elite who own all the land. They create agricultural monopolies and branch their businesses out to take over the retail (department stores) and financial sectors (banks) too. You have a lot of people scrambling for very limited resources.

I'm not sure there is a good solution to the Philippines. I know many of the laws are copied directly from U.S. law but all that is meaningless if the concept of good governance doesn't exist in the culture. Another factor is leadership and the lack of an introspective public who are willing to do things ethically.

The reason why Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea were able to reduce their corruption to negligible levels was due to good leadership and a reformation of their social system.
User avatar
Repatriate
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 2533
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

Re: Filipinos are pleasantry addicts

Postby zboy1 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Repatriate wrote:
philosophical_filipino wrote:I am open to any suggestions to change the economic climate of the Philippines and spread liberated critical thinking to the masses in the Philippines.

The problems that are in the Philippines is not unique to only the Philippines but most of SE Asia. One of the biggest problems is that the country has allowed rich land owning gentry control over the Philippines. Wealth is concentrated in the hands of very few families who in turn use corruption to use politics and military as protection. All power is derived from land and the money that comes from it. If you notice in developed countries land and ownership laws are an integral part in creating and maintaining prosperity of the middle class.

The same thing occurs in Thailand but the difference is that there are still opportunities to become middle class. What hinders the Philippines' is the large population and relatively small land space. It's the same issues that Indonesia has. Both countries have enormous populations and a wealthy concentrated elite who own all the land. They create agricultural monopolies and branch their businesses out to take over the retail (department stores) and financial sectors (banks) too. You have a lot of people scrambling for very limited resources.

I'm not sure there is a good solution to the Philippines. I know many of the laws are copied directly from U.S. law but all that is meaningless if the concept of good governance doesn't exist in the culture. Another factor is leadership and the lack of an introspective public who are willing to do things ethically.

The reason why Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, and Korea were able to reduce their corruption to negligible levels was due to good leadership and a reformation of their social system.


Yes, and I would also say that unlike those other countries, education isn't as stressed in the Philippines, which leads to a poorly educated and poorly trained workforce.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/business/06/14/11/philippine-education-ranked-poor
User avatar
zboy1
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 3988
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:33 am

Re: Filipinos are pleasantry addicts

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:19 pm

gspshields2 wrote:
philosophical_filipino wrote:Filipinos have no problem criticizing others without any self-awareness. The majority of the nation is living in extreme poverty, yet they worship foreigners because they are rich and have a lot of material things. Just watch TFC's Wowowee program and all the hosts are light-skinned mestizos and the audience is mostly dark-skinned. White skin is considered beautiful in the Philippines, and many women are bleaching their skin to become more white. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/01/healt ... wanted=all I find this really sad and disgusting. European/American colonization of Asia has turned the populace into wanting to become white.

Filipinos hold grudges and they don't like to be criticized or challenged. They will stay mad at you for a long time and you won't even know it. Filipinos are too nice and don't want to offend anyone. Our "crab-mentality" causes fierce competition amongst ourselves to tear each other down. We lack unity and have lots of self-hatred due to foreign exploitation. The consumption addiction + ignorant self-awareness = lack of progress and innovation.

I am open to any suggestions to change the economic climate of the Philippines and spread liberated critical thinking to the masses in the Philippines.


We really don't want the economic climate of the Phillipines to change. Then were would us American expats go to in the world in search of women? You want the pines to stay poor.


This is the sad truth of it, I agree. I absolutely cannot get a woman in America. America's prosperity has been squandered on things like feminism, ruining our women and, by extension, men also. If it wasn't for the Philippines, I may never find sex or relationships. If the Philippines could develop economically and intellectually, I would worry that it would become far too Westernized. I know the traditional values of the PI have deteriorated greatly (thanks to Western influence) but it still is a great place for p***y and love starved Western men to go. And even though it is selfish, I want it to remain a santuary like that.
User avatar
Ghost
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 2561
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:23 am

Postby Taco » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:44 am

I don't know why you insist on bashing Filipinos so much. I can honestly say, Filipino men, as a group are the best guys I've ever worked with. Also, Filipinas, are the best girlfriends and wives in the world, generally speaking. I have more respect for Filipinos than the people of my own country.
Taco
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 2892
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Postby philosophical_filipino » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:05 am

I am not bashing or putting down my Filipino people. Most Filipinos are generally good-natured and friendly. I am merely pointing out the cultural/socio-economic flaws that are hindering the progress of the my ancestral country. Also, I don't want the Philippines to remain impoverished forever, it requires grass-roots movement and strong leadership to take it to the next level. Philippines is a resource-rich nation, with a large population = plentiful labor. The fears that it will become more Westernized is too late because the culture is heavily influenced by America food, clothing, music, and media.

I think the over-generalizations of which ethnic race makes a better wife/girlfriend are unfounded. There are good and bad apples all over the world. You need to examine the woman case by case on individual basis. A good woman is a good woman, no matter where she's from.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal
philosophical_filipino
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby baletetree » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:22 am

Taco wrote:I don't know why you insist on bashing Filipinos so much. I can honestly say, Filipino men, as a group are the best guys I've ever worked with. Also, Filipinas, are the best girlfriends and wives in the world, generally speaking. I have more respect for Filipinos than the people of my own country.


Don't worry about them. But allow me to give some insights.

Millions of overseas Filipino workers have to put up with demanding and sometimes unreasonable employers. This is true especially in Middle Eastern countries. So if Filipinos can't take criticism well then none of them would work in that part of the world.

A little courtesy goes a long way. Those who complain of Filipinos not taking criticism are usually rude people themselves who got stung in Filipino online forums.
Glory Glory YNWA
baletetree
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 am

Postby hillsboro » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:09 am

problems in the phills? THERE AINT NONE and the only way the phils will hav problems is if the white man takes over. Also as long as is no US women in the phils... the phils will be just fine. Problems?? lol.. this place is like heaven!! thanks, hillsboro... GOD bless
hillsboro
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:41 am
Location: cavite, philippines

Postby Billy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:53 am

Do we need anouther Japan there. I don´t know. Who needs Japan? For what? They even can not speak english.
Billy
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1097
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:01 pm

Postby Mr S » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:14 pm

hillsboro wrote:problems in the phills? THERE AINT NONE and the only way the phils will hav problems is if the white man takes over. Also as long as is no US women in the phils... the phils will be just fine. Problems?? lol.. this place is like heaven!! thanks, hillsboro... GOD bless


What?!? I think you've been smoking too much shabu or something to be making that kind of a statement! :roll: :lol:
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby hillsboro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 am

problems in the phills ..... i was tlkn/comparing to problems i had in the usa and there is no problems here in the phills for me...... and mrs S?? whats the problem? maybe you like guys and not hot phil girls? that could be a problem
hillsboro
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:41 am
Location: cavite, philippines

Postby OutWest » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:42 am

hillsboro wrote:problems in the phills ..... i was tlkn/comparing to problems i had in the usa and there is no problems here in the phills for me...... and mrs S?? whats the problem? maybe you like guys and not hot phil girls? that could be a problem


You feel like a kid in a candy store, and compared to the dismal life in the USA, it is understandable. You perspective will be quite different
than someone who has spent years living here. If you take the time you will see that Mr S has lived here for years, and is way beyond
first impressions, as understandable as those first impressions might be. Rather than fling insults, if you took the time to think about it,
you would realize that a long term expats can be a valuable source of information. I am in the Southern part of the islands here, but Mr S is in
your area. Someone like Mr S is a good man to build bridges to if you have long term plans in the Philippines...

however, you can write it off to temporary insanity...what you are feeling now. It's the euphoria of escaping the men's mental prison in the USA, and experiencing the real world instead. On that basis alone, you are part of a tiny minority, that actually do something about changing their life.


Outwest,

Mindanao, Philippines
OutWest
Frequent Poster
 
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Postby FreeYourMind » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:52 am

From reading Mr. S's posts, he is anything but "gay." I'm glad you're having a good time in the Phils my friend but yes please don't insult veteran posters of integrity. They are few and far between these days here. But do keep giving us your impressions of the Philippines.
FreeYourMind
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:15 am

Postby Mr S » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:16 am

Yeah, what I said was called being Sarcastic. Depending on how deprived you were in the States of manly type activities with the ladies, it usually takes a couple of years of continuous living in the Philippines before one comes to grips with what the true reality of the Philippines really is versus what tourists, short/part-timers perceive of the place.

BTW, you better start figuring out where you want to send your kid to school cause the general education system here in this country sucks to say the least. Pretty much private schools are the only way to go. And the decent ones are going to usually charge around 100K Pesos a year and up. If it's below that number it's probably not a good school. You gotta pay money in this country to give your kid a decent education. A lot of upper level families send their kids to private Catholic schools or private school branch run by one of the major Universities. Cavite isn't really know to have decent private schooling. You gotta move to Manila area, Alabang or Quezon City where the decent private schools are located.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
User avatar
Mr S
Veteran Happier Abroader
 
Posts: 2085
Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Physical Earth, 3rd Dimensional Plane

Postby hillsboro » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:39 am

free .... i will do what ever i want..
hillsboro
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:41 am
Location: cavite, philippines

Next

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests