Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship.

Happier Abroad Discussion Forum Index
  Forum Community
   Escape America for a Better Life and Love Overseas!

RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsIgnore ListBan PanelLog in






Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.


Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.






Try this: Latest 100 Topics         View Your Posts         FAQ Topics         Mobile Version         Latest Blog Posts
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
American expats needing mail forwarding services from USA
Author Message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post American expats needing mail forwarding services from USA 

We offer a more convenient way to handle your mail. With our international mail forwarding service, you can keep in contact with your paper mail wherever you are. We provide you with a mailing address in the United States where you can receive letters, documents, and packages, whether delivered by the USPS, FedEx, UPS, or any other courier.

Our services include:

* Receiving and holding your mail until it is required
* Sending it to an address of your choice anywhere in the world
* Posting mail to you at a time to suit be this on receipt, weekly, monthly or on request
* Acting as a forwarding agent for purchases to satisfy demand from on-line shops such as e-Bay
* Providing the small business community with an address for the receipt of mail, packages of any size or quantity.
* Scan mail and forward as an e-mail.
Contact us for more details at
website: http://www.elliott-and-elliott-enterprises.com
email : info@elliott-and-elliott-enterprises.com
Very Happy



_________________
Ingris E.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address



Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum


Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

This brings up an interesting point relevant to people living abroad. I have a mail box in the US and have my mail picked up by a courier. Recently, I tried to order a Dell Computer and they told me that they don't deliver to a PO Box private or public (which they call a freight forwarding place). I have had this problem with several other businesses in the US. Luckily, Amazon.com delivers to anywhere. Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

MrPeabody wrote:
Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.


Basically, this is a MailBoxes etc type of solution where in effect, you get an address for your business/mailstop at 100 Main St, Suite 105, Anytown USA instead of P.O.Box 105 Anytown USA.

A number of places have this but they charge extra for mail forwarding and other ancillary services.


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

S_Parc wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.


Basically, this is a MailBoxes etc type of solution where in effect, you get an address for your business/mailstop at 100 Main St, Suite 105, Anytown USA instead of P.O.Box 105 Anytown USA.

A number of places have this but they charge extra for mail forwarding and other ancillary services.


Some businesses actually have a way of checking the address and telling if it is a private mailbox or a residence, even when you have a street address. So even a street address doesn't work all the time. Dell calls you up and asks you to verify that it is a residence, but they don't check it.


View user's profile Send private message
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post  

MrPeabody wrote:
This brings up an interesting point relevant to people living abroad. I have a mail box in the US and have my mail picked up by a courier. Recently, I tried to order a Dell Computer and they told me that they don't deliver to a PO Box private or public (which they call a freight forwarding place). I have had this problem with several other businesses in the US. Luckily, Amazon.com delivers to anywhere. Does anyone know why this is or have had this problem? Also, if you get a private PO Box, make sure that the address looks like a normal street address, which will get around this problem many times, but not if they check.



Many companies, like Dell for example, don't ship to P.O. boxes due to identity and credit card theft. The reason that they require a permanent physical address is so that they can match it to the address associated with the billing information on the credit card used to make the purchase. This helps to prevent the illegal use of stolen credit card numbers and identity theft.



_________________
Ingris E.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:
Reply to topic Page 1 of 1
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
  



Similar Topics
Topic Author Forum Replies Posted
No new posts How daily exercise helped keep me san... Temprano26 Rants and Raves 4 Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:10 pm View latest post
No new posts Asian American women are turning into... Robert77 General Discussions 12 Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:26 am View latest post
No new posts Do American Men Typically Make Lousy ... MrMan General Discussions 8 Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:48 am View latest post
No new posts 36 Things Wrong With American Women -... Winston Anti-American Women Rants 3 Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:03 am View latest post
No new posts Hilarious american in philippines newlifeinphilippines Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand 43 Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:36 am View latest post