Women Overtake Men As the Dominant Gender

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

Women Overtake Men As the Dominant Gender

Post by firethrower1000 »

http://ezinearticles.com/?Women-Rule--- ... id=2892166

Women now hold more jobs in the US than men for the first time in history. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) this Fall the number of women in the labor force surpassed men. Women held only 30 percent of jobs in 1960 and have steadily increased, as a percentage of the total workforce, decade after decade to the present time. The recession has caused major employment reductions in many fields once ruled by men, like construction, manufacturing, finance, and information technology. Whereas, fields like education, healthcare, and government have been adding workers and women increasingly dominate these fields. In local governments this is especially pronounced. BLS data indicates 167,000 women were added to their ranks during this latest recessionary period while 86,000 men were given walking papers - contributing to the gender shift to a work force of over 50 percent female.

Now for the bad news. Women who worked full time earned only 80 percent of what their male counterparts earned, and 77 percent when part-time positions are also factored in. Part of this disparity is because men still control the ranks and higher pay of executive level positions. But nonetheless, there still exists a disturbing gender pay disparity. Women now earn a majority of associate, bachelor's, and master's degrees but experts believe it still may be decades before gender equality in pay is achieved.

Middle-aged men seem to be paying the highest price for their long time favored status, as the so called breadwinners, which they have enjoyed over women and minorities. In fact, men aged from 35 to 54 are almost twice as likely to lose jobs in a permanent layoff as in previous recessions. The pay scale bias that these men have enjoyed is now working against them when companies bent on cost cutting eliminate these higher paid jobs.

The BLS forecasts that males will again be the majority gender of the labor force when jobs are added as the recession subsides. They may not come back in manufacturing and construction in numbers great enough to absorb the recent losses, but jobs will be created in other industries such as network systems, data communications, computer software, home care aids, and others.

It is a historic time for women in the work force, after an epoch journey - and what must follow is gender pay equality. It must become a national priority.

Richard S. Pearson is the Author of 5 Necessary Skills to Keep Your Career on Track. He has held vice-president positions with four multibillion dollar travel industry companies and three Internet early stage companies. He has a BA degree from Regis University in Organizational Development. His experience has given him a unique perspective on how to navigate the organizational structures of both large and small companies. He has hired and trained hundreds of employees from frontline salespeople to vice presidents, and coached many through their careers. He is currently working of facilitating the large increase of travel between the US and China, which is taking place.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Western women are becoming more and more like triplewart seadevils. Below:

FREEDOM1
Freshman Poster

Post by FREEDOM1 »

More feminist propaganda

women get equal pay for equal work

more men do MORE highly skilled and dangerous work than women

and work longer hours, so hence a higher average pay

but feminists dont mention this, hey dont let facts get in the way

of a good feminazi bullshit story, which they keep peddlling year after year

I dont want to sound like an extremist, but anyone who declares themsleves a feminist

should be put on island and left there to rot
krnshorty213
Freshman Poster

Post by krnshorty213 »

wtf?? i mean yea i give props if ur a gurl and u have reached all ur goals and make that cheddar and ect. but dont abuse it and be a cunt. i dont give two shits for all genders that act like an ASS. sorry.. i will say whatever the hella i want to prove my point.

some feminist bitches need to calm down and hit that blunt or need a xanax asap! ORRR take that buttplug out
Korean shorty. To live and die in LA.