Warning: This forum operates on the principles of truth, free speech and freethought without politically correct censorship.

Happier Abroad Discussion Forum Index
  Forum Community
   Escape Antisocial America for a Better Dating, Social and Expat Life Overseas!

RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsIgnore ListBan PanelLog in

Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And Bud Patterson, author of Foreign Bride 101, Mon/Wed nights 9:30 EST for FREE Call-In Conferences.

Our Other Forums: Ladies Forum , Paranormal Forum

Share |

Try this: Latest 100 Topics         View Your Posts         FAQ Topics         Mobile Version         Latest Blog Posts
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
How will Obamacare affect American expats?
Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List
Post How will Obamacare affect American expats? 

Supreme Court upholds Obamacare

Link

Link

What are your thought on this ruling? Personally, I don't think Obamacare is a very good law. I'm now going to be forced to buy insurance and fined if I don't have health insurance. I've been unemployed for two years and can't find a job to save my life; I'm now concentrating on teaching overseas, but how will Obamacare effect me if I'm living overseas? What about the taxes I'll have to pay--even when I'm out of the country?

Will I be forced to buy insurance even when I'm out of the country? What about the taxes I'll have to pay as a result of Obamacare? This will only increase the cost of healthcare for the average American. This is why I support the government getting out of the healthcare sector all together--just like in the cosmetic surgery sector where costs have gone down significantly since the free market works without government intervention. And if Obama really wanted socialized healthcare, why couldn't he just go with a single-payer system found in every other advanced country, instead of this bull-crap Obamacare?

And can you believe the so called 'conservative judge,' John Roberts voted in favor of Obamacare? WTF!

Special Offer for HA Members! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Scam free! Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! All members screened.

USSA is now officially f***ed (again)

now besides taxes...you be be forced to buy all kinds of shit the govt is selling at whatever price they choose once they destroy the competition.

Post Re: Supreme Court upholds Obamacare 

zboy1 wrote:
Will I be forced to buy insurance even when I'm out of the country? What about the taxes I'll have to pay as a result of Obamacare? This will only increase the cost of healthcare for the average American. This is why I support the government getting out of the healthcare sector all together--just like in the cosmetic surgery sector where costs have gone down significantly since the free market works without government intervention. And if Obama really wanted socialized healthcare, why couldn't he just go with a single-payer system found in every other advanced country, instead of this bull-crap Obamacare?

And can you believe the so called 'conservative judge,' John Roberts voted in favor of Obamacare? WTF!

Can't believe it and to think Chief Justice John Roberts was the deciding vote in FAVOR of Obamacare is unbelievable! Shocked

Under Obamacare, a middle class family of four will pay $ 2,200 a year of additional taxes starting in 2014. This healthcare law hurts poor people and middle class people the most.

Hopefully it will be overturned next year, IF we elect a new President and get a republican majority in the senate.

Under this new healthcare law, if you don't have health insurance you will be FORCED to buy it or pay a fine. What about people who are unemployed and have no money to buy health insurance or have no money to pay the fine? Or how about people who are young and in perfect health and just don't need any health insurance?

This is the federal government sticking it's big nose in other people's business and forcing them to purchase health insurance. What else can the government force people to buy in the future?

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Oh come on guys...can't you recognise a pantomime when you see one?

You can not be FORCED to buy guvment healthcare.....but I guess you men like to remain ignorant....good luck with your futures in your ignorance.

jamesbond wrote:

What else can the government force people to buy in the future?

The guvment is already forcing you to pay for the cost of your own slavery...is that not enough?

Middle-class Americans might do well to renounce their citizenship and become illegals. It will be a much better life for them if they want to stay stateside, now that this fiasco has passed. Of course, they all might want to consider being "Happier Abroad," before Slowbama and his band of Australopithecenes steal all their money, land etc. Winston, you can expect a lot more traffic on these forums now that this has gone through. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth..... deal with it.
To me, this is not that much different than ss/medicare so, in my opinion, we were f***ed in 1935 and 30 years later in 1965, they anal f***ed the American people. This kind of thing has been going on for decades.

Obamacare is one of, but not the only reason why I have seriously considered trying to obtain Mexican citizenship. That and also because I do not want my kids to grow up in the United States, especially the girls. I don't want a bunch of selfish man-hating daughters, and that is what I will get if I raise girls in the United States. Hopefully when me and my fiancee get married, I will be able to use that to apply for permanent residency and eventually citizenship in Mexico.

AmericanInMexico wrote:
Obamacare is one of, but not the only reason why I have seriously considered trying to obtain Mexican citizenship. That and also because I do not want my kids to grow up in the United States, especially the girls. I don't want a bunch of selfish man-hating daughters, and that is what I will get if I raise girls in the United States. Hopefully when me and my fiancee get married, I will be able to use that to apply for permanent residency and eventually citizenship in Mexico.

A slave of the US Guvment or a slave of the mexican guvment....you are still choosing to be a slave.

So is Obamacare going to be implemented for sure? What will the cost be for every American?

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad right?

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston wrote:
So is Obamacare going to be implemented for sure? What will the cost be for every American?

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad?

I believe that Americans with foreign residency are exempt- but I am checking the source on that. Now that it is a done deal, Obama re-elected and by 2014 you must supply all your medical ID info to the IRS, the chains will tighten. I am not going to comply, and will be establishing another residency other than the Philippines that will lead to non-US citizenship at which time I will renounce my US citizenship.
I am not going to be Obama's bitch (Or Romney's either.)

Outwest

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 25, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
OutWest wrote:
Winston wrote:

What if you are an expat? Can you apply for exemption? There must be exemptions for people living or working abroad?

I believe that Americans with foreign residency are exempt- but I am checking the source on that. Now that it is a done deal, Obama re-elected and by 2014 you must supply all your medical ID info to the IRS, the chains will tighten. I am not going to comply, and will be establishing another residency other than the Philippines that will lead to non-US citizenship at which time I will renounce my US citizenship.
I am not going to be Obama's bitch (Or Romney's either.)

Outwest

+10

eurobrat wrote:
Winston your a dual citizen, you don't owe the USA jack $hit.

He owes everything you and I do. You duals should just GTFO, live in a third country, get established there, then renounce.

No more tax filings, no more rules. Life is short - enjoy it.

Last edited by eurobrat on Sat May 25, 2013 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next