Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Discuss working and making a living overseas, starting a business, or studying abroad.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Post Reply
zacb
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1536
Joined: June 21st, 2012, 4:33 am
Location: Somewhere out in the American West (for now)

Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Post by zacb » April 7th, 2013, 5:39 pm

I just posted on the International Lifestyle Forum about the oil sands jobs, and how they present a good opportunity for those who are not much for starting a business: http://intlifestyleforum.forumotion.com ... nds-jobs#3. I think this may be the ticket for some of us to our freedom. I hope I can help some of yous.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com




Check out our Dating Sites and International Romance Tours!



OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2412
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Post by OutWest » April 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm

If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.

zacb
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1536
Joined: June 21st, 2012, 4:33 am
Location: Somewhere out in the American West (for now)

Post by zacb » April 7th, 2013, 7:43 pm

Very interesting. BTW, how far is that from Bisbee? I have heard a lot of good about that town, but am not quite sure what to make of it.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2412
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Post by OutWest » April 7th, 2013, 8:07 pm

zacb wrote:Very interesting. BTW, how far is that from Bisbee? I have heard a lot of good about that town, but am not quite sure what to make of it.
Guessing about 40 miles...

zacb
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1536
Joined: June 21st, 2012, 4:33 am
Location: Somewhere out in the American West (for now)

Post by zacb » April 7th, 2013, 8:22 pm

Interesting.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

fdiv
Freshman Poster
Posts: 103
Joined: May 15th, 2018, 11:35 am

Re:

Post by fdiv » December 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm

OutWest wrote:
April 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm
If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2412
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Re:

Post by OutWest » December 22nd, 2018, 8:29 pm

fdiv wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm
OutWest wrote:
April 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm
If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this.
You obviously know nothing about working such jobs for the DOD. If you are looking for the blue collar work i mentioned, if you have construction skills such as electrical, plumbing or numerous others, you should pull down $35 or better in the PNW. If you are a diesel mechanic and can beat flat rate as many do, you can make in the $45 hour range. Many jobs go begging.

I'm just building a house back in Bohol...no dog in the fight.

CannedHam
Freshman Poster
Posts: 135
Joined: May 27th, 2012, 5:25 pm

Re: Good Job For Manual Labor Oriented Individuals.

Post by CannedHam » December 23rd, 2018, 1:04 am

In my area there is a massive shortage of plumbers, electricians, HVAC, carpenters.... you name it. I was talking to the electrician that came to do some lighting work in my house, the guy is 26 and pulls in close to $80k, no college and full benefits!

fdiv
Freshman Poster
Posts: 103
Joined: May 15th, 2018, 11:35 am

Re: Re:

Post by fdiv » January 17th, 2019, 9:37 am

OutWest wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 8:29 pm
fdiv wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm
OutWest wrote:
April 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm
If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this.
You obviously know nothing about working such jobs for the DOD. If you are looking for the blue collar work i mentioned, if you have construction skills such as electrical, plumbing or numerous others, you should pull down $35 or better in the PNW. If you are a diesel mechanic and can beat flat rate as many do, you can make in the $45 hour range. Many jobs go begging.

I'm just building a house back in Bohol...no dog in the fight.
You've overestimated it by double. Security clearance IT Jobs in the mid-atlantic region where it's competitive start at $80k. So either your friend is BSing you, or he just used his personal connections to score a sweetheart gig and your advice is useless.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)

OutWest
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2412
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 8:09 am
Location: Asia/USA

Re: Re:

Post by OutWest » January 18th, 2019, 9:07 am

fdiv wrote:
January 17th, 2019, 9:37 am
OutWest wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 8:29 pm
fdiv wrote:
December 22nd, 2018, 1:00 pm
OutWest wrote:
April 7th, 2013, 6:01 pm
If you have the skills you do not need to go so far..If you have good trade skills there are still some areas in the US where you can make decent money. If you have good computer technology skills that is better yet. A friend back in the USA just took a new job in Sierra Vista, Arizona as an experienced IT man @ 125G plus benefits. He was able to buy a decent house nearby for only $165,000, so he is able to combine low cost of living with a good salary. Of course, such jobs sometimes include a very intensive background investigation...the FBI talking to many friends and family members...neighbors etc.
I'm sorry, I have to call BS on this.
You obviously know nothing about working such jobs for the DOD. If you are looking for the blue collar work i mentioned, if you have construction skills such as electrical, plumbing or numerous others, you should pull down $35 or better in the PNW. If you are a diesel mechanic and can beat flat rate as many do, you can make in the $45 hour range. Many jobs go begging.

I'm just building a house back in Bohol...no dog in the fight.
You've overestimated it by double. Security clearance IT Jobs in the mid-atlantic region where it's competitive start at $80k. So either your friend is BSing you, or he just used his personal connections to score a sweetheart gig and your advice is useless.
You are not paying attention. From this OLD post of mine, you point out that that security clearance IT jobs start at 80k...well in my post I state that he is an EXPERIENCED, not starting, and as such, he obtained a senior position. How is 125 k for a senior position double that of 80k for starting? I don't know about my so called advice (it's free and take it for what it's worth.) But your arithmetic obviously sucks. And my comments on trade skills? Lol. Do you have trade skills? If so, there is a job waiting for you in any decent market. It is not unrealistic to pull down 80k as a plumber or electrician. I have multiple buddies with construction related businesses, and these figures are accurate. Trades people are fast greying and retiring and most of the soy boys are not up to actually working with their hands so they are doing other things or subsisting as baristas. If you are young, learning a trade is at least a good back up just in case that book deal falls through.
I don't know if my advice is useless or not, as you would actually have to pay me for advice I can guarantee will make money, but so far, your opinions are about as accurate and useful as tits on a bull.
Dude, learn a skill, get a job, do whatever you can to pack some assets away before the shit hits the fan. The baby boomers have totally screwed the country, so make some cash while you can and build your escape as a back up.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Working, Studying and Making A Living Abroad”